User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Living in the moment

No one can live in the moment ALL of the time. That would be very costly on many fronts, but always planning ahead can be dull though.

I'm wondering if SP's default state is to live in the moment and they have to make an effort to think/plan ahead, whereas SJ's default state is to think/plan ahead and they have to make an effort to live in the moment?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Planning in my life is a product of my job, and bill paying. My free time doesn't have much structure.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Ni will aid in projecting consequences and how things develop - but being percievers, things are still subject to change more often than not. Ni more often ends up being something to aid in doing sharp turns at the last second. Hunches and "Hmm, better not open that door" moments. And sometimes more lucid thoughts on how this or that is bound to fail (Ti would probably be a big factor there too). Of course, anyone can make plans too, but that isn't going to be the preference.

All technical stuff aside, I'll just say I like living in the moment. So I'm going to do it even if it's ultimately harmful (assuming it is). I truly don't give a fuck. I care about exercising good judgement and having decent principles. I've also learned to not step on anyone's feet. I think it's desirable to be a "good" person. But these are judgement calls. I don't give a fuck about being some E3 Success Oriented Winner. I just don't. I'm not going to plan my whole life around stability.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Planning in my life is a product of my job, and bill paying. My free time doesn't have much structure.
    Same here (except maybe with travel, where I do some planning, but HATE that I have to).

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    No one can live in the moment ALL of the time. That would be very costly on many fronts, but always planning ahead can be dull though.

I'm wondering if SP's default state is to live in the moment and they have to make an effort to think/plan ahead, whereas SJ's default state is to think/plan ahead and they have to make an effort to live in the moment?
    I think that either approach taken to extremes is dangerous and ill advised but to be honest I think the ascendency of the present moment mindset has been a bad one, in either its buddhist or pop "psychology" format, a lot of the worst kinds of social problems are generated or endure because people "live for the day" or "live as though they will die tommorrow", there's not pressure of history, legacies or heritage for most people these days and the world hasnt really proven to be much better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    there's not pressure of history, legacies or heritage for most people these days and the world hasnt really proven to be much better for it.
    You don't understand introverted thinkers and feelers at all. It's like you need some public confession or expression of everything people stand for, else they think or stand for nothing. Get over yourself. Many just don't care to chart it out all for you.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't live in the moment much, but I am not planning when I don't. It's hard to explain. I'm visualizing different things starting from what's in front of me, some random imaginery or music w/e that's not fully under my control. (just some NJ trying to get in, sorry for being in the wrong forum)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You don't understand introverted thinkers and feelers at all. It's like you need some public confession or expression of everything people stand for, else they think or stand for nothing. Get over yourself. Many just don't care to chart it out all for you.
    I think you generalise much.

WALMART

That's a fair arching assessment.

I tend to float through time, drawing in the possibilities as I go. I'm an expert short-term planner and master of all the unexpected. My entire life has consisted of seizing opportunity as it comes to me to get by. But that's just it, I only get by....

Though when you don't ask for much, what else do you need?

*cough* a rich TJ wife *cough*

MBTI
    INFJ

If you're not in the moment, then where are you? Hit by a bus because you were looking for where it will be, not where it is?