123 Last

Kultainen Kuningas Devil Flamingo's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LOL

Default why is ISFP sensitive and conflict avoidant?

If you look up that shit on Google you get lots of hits saying it's so.

Well, I'm quite certain I'm ISFP (I can't be ESFP because I don't think Se is my primary function, and I sure as hale does not use Te as my tertiary) and I say:

What is the reasoning behind these profiles stating this? Are those traits key in ISFP personalities? (meaning, if you're not those things you're not ISFP)

I suppose explaining what they mean and how I'm not those things would be useful.

* sense & sensitivititties:

Well, I'm sensitive to my environment, definitely. I hate crowded noisy filthy places like Toronto and NYC. I need to have lots of trees around me or I get depressed. I also miss the sea a lot when I'm away from it. And ofc I hate seeing ugly scheisse like garbage on the ground. I also have low tolerance for environments which contain large amount of lifeforms that engage in erratic behaviour such as drinking, shouting and overtly sexual PDAs.

Sensitive to people? Uh, no. Thanks to Fi (precioussss <3 <3) I don't put a lot of stock on what people think or say about me. If it's positive, tyvm for your thoughts. If it's negative, I'm not here for that. Why? Because I'm too much in my own world to honestly spend a lot of time thinking about what you think about me. I know what I think about me and I like it, you don't like how I roll, gtfo my forest. I'm not going to change myself for anyone, but I'm also not going to expect people to like me because, simply put, the people that like me matter, and the people that don't like me don't matter.

* conflict avoidance:

Well, ofc I'm a flower child / treehugger / druid / fairy but that doesn't mean I'm made of cotton candy and flower petals. Think thistle and weeds, or mistletoe and other such hater-bitch plants. I'm not at all averse to conflict; if anything I dislike people who are a little too conflict-avoidant for my taste because it bugs me when they'd rather stay out of trouble than put someone in their place. I mean, I prefer faux-conflict or play-fighting than actual arguments, but if someone's got beef with me I'm quite willing to verbally cockfight them. I'm not a tough guy by any means, but I'm not afraid of taking someone to the left if they're being a nuisance:

So yeah, IDFK man. I'm not sensitive and I'm not conflict-avoidant (and I know it's not just my perception because I asked all my happy tree friends in the forest and they confirmed this). Sure, I almost never pick a fight unless I'm just being my usual mischievous self (i.e. playing pranks on people) but if you look for me, you'll find me. Actually, I'm a lot like Radagast from The Hobbit - I would definitely turn tails the minute I run into The Necromancer because I know that's well outside my abilities, but if it's something I know I can handle (like him distracting the Orcs because they can't outrun his bunny sled) then I'm okay with that. :]
    4w3 sx/so ·· ISFP (?) ·· rcu|E|n
    gryffindor-ravenclaw ·· chaotic neutral
    leo sun ·· scorpius moon ·· earth dragon

metsän ukko halliparta, metsän kultainen kuningas,
    ava nyt aittasi avara, luinen lukko lonkahuta!

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Sure you're not an NF?, you've got a lot of Ne going on in that post!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LOL

Hmm, how though?

I mistyped as INFP/ENFP when I was younger (late adolescence) and didn't know diddly squat about the functions, but nowadays I don't think I could be NF even if I wanted to, lol. As far as functions go, I struggle to understand Ne when I read descriptions of it, but Se makes perfect sense to me. I have taken all sorts of tests and always seem to score high in Fi and Se and even Ni, but I don't recall anything about Ne, heh? Anyways, my friends seem to think Ne is totally wrong for me, so I dunno, I'll re-visit it just to be sure, but I'm not sure how I can exhibit a function I don't really understand...?

WALMART

Probably the longest post on this site I've ever read. Good work.

Will edit later with more.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The ISFP is sensitive and conflict avoidant because they are feeling doms, and they are thinking function last. In addition, you will often see many ENFP's for example who are very aggressive, and who are constantly defending their Fi values with force. What allows them to do this is a strong 3rd function of Te. However, since ISFP's hardest function to tap into is Te, it makes them very docile little lambs.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If some traits in a type description don't fit you, more power to you, you're not a stereotype, you're an individual. If a ton of traits don't fit you, you're probably not that type. Pretty much that simple. Some people think SPs all get drunk, stoned, and like jumping out of airplanes. I've never done any of that, but guess what? Still an SP.

By the way, "Fi" does not mean you are inherently "too much in your own world" or don't care what anyone thinks of you.

It sounds to me like you are a bit sensitive, and care what people think about you, though. Otherwise you wouldn't care if a type description said you were.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

And what does "take someone to the left" mean, anyway?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LOL

@Jeffster:

I think the phrase is from celebrity sites such as ONTD? In her MV of the song "Irreplaceable" Beyoncé is kicking out her bf and she says "to the left, to the left, everything you own in a box to the left" (lol).

And nah, maybe we're working with different defs of what sensitivity is. To me sensitive means "easily hurt" (emotionally), which I'm not. I am often curious about little things such as these, but do not "care", at least not in the way that I understand caring. For example, someone once said to me "How can you be so abrasive??" and I honest to god don't/didn't value this person's view of me at all, but I was curious about her POV (since I don't think of myself as being such) and so I asked about it. I've never equated curiosity with caring; to me they are very different. I am curious about and care about my friends think of me; I am sometimes curious (but generally do not care) about what my acquaintances think of me. I dunno if that makes sense but to me it does.

Anyways, I do associate Fi with being in my own world and not putting a lot of stock on what others think me because the way I interpret it, introvert ethics says "your ethics = scheisse; mine are what matters" and "me >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>> you" (not in a belittling sense, more like in a 'I find myself waaay more interesting than you or anyone else' sense).

@Great One:

OIC.

@Jon:

you call that long? you ain't seen nothing yet!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    If some traits in a type description don't fit you, more power to you, you're not a stereotype, you're an individual. If a ton of traits don't fit you, you're probably not that type. Pretty much that simple. Some people think SPs all get drunk, stoned, and like jumping out of airplanes. I've never done any of that, but guess what? Still an SP.

By the way, "Fi" does not mean you are inherently "too much in your own world" or don't care what anyone thinks of you.

It sounds to me like you are a bit sensitive, and care what people think about you, though. Otherwise you wouldn't care if a type description said you were.
    I think it's mostly the Se doms that are known for that. Many of the ISTP's and ISFP's are not like that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Flamingo View Post
    Hmm, how though?

I mistyped as INFP/ENFP when I was younger (late adolescence) and didn't know diddly squat about the functions, but nowadays I don't think I could be NF even if I wanted to, lol. As far as functions go, I struggle to understand Ne when I read descriptions of it, but Se makes perfect sense to me. I have taken all sorts of tests and always seem to score high in Fi and Se and even Ni, but I don't recall anything about Ne, heh? Anyways, my friends seem to think Ne is totally wrong for me, so I dunno, I'll re-visit it just to be sure, but I'm not sure how I can exhibit a function I don't really understand...?
    I see Ne in your posts as well. You don't seem like an ISFP to me.

Of course, I'm just reading a few posts in one thread.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639