User Tag List

First 12

Thread: ISTP Feelings

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh, are you more talking about expression of feelings? To me that's a very very different idea from talking about, well, feeling feelings. I feel a huge number of things that I don't express.
    -end of thread-

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I've seen a lot of people complain on this forum about their ISTP not showing them enough affection or not caring in a visible manner enough about them.

So I'm led to believe that this is perhaps the most cold and emotionally distant of all the types.

For reference, look at the famous ISTPs page on celebrity types, pretty much all of them have such a stern and serious expression!

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    For reference, look at the famous ISTPs page on celebrity types, pretty much all of them have such a stern and serious expression!
    I'm not stern. That sounds like the "school principal". When I was like 8 or something, I broke into my school and pissed on the principal's desk. That's my "feeling" when it comes to "stern" people. I'm like most SPs.. kind of fun loving, I guess, rebellious, and I have my moments of rage. Not Donald Rumsfeld or Putin. Who's next? Dr. Phil? I'm not going to live up to some image on that site. Most of these places are run by retarded NTs who barely know any people.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Ok, well maybe stern was the wrong word, but I think stoic might be more proper, or self-contained, though perhaps there could be some passionate fire raging inside many ISTPs, or a drive to pleasure, but ya, definately do their own thing, and enjoy it, I think.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've seen a lot of people complain on this forum about their ISTP not showing them enough affection or not caring in a visible manner enough about them.

So I'm led to believe that this is perhaps the most cold and emotionally distant of all the types.

Showing few feelings is not the same thing as having few feelings, though.

Also most of those people seem to be NFs (for some reason) and seem to need more emotional validation than other types, which ISTPs are often bad at doing.
    -end of thread-

Ok, well maybe stern was the wrong word, but I think stoic might be more proper, or self-contained, though perhaps there could be some passionate fire raging inside many ISTPs, or a drive to pleasure, but ya, definately do their own thing, and enjoy it, I think.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong.
    It depends on whom I'm with. I don't affect a sense of character or code of conduct. I think that has a lot to do with being a Perciever. Or maybe it's a little Fe too, changeable around environment. It's all situational. I'm stoic when I'm disengaged from the company I'm with. Like a shitty party or something. I can just leave though, do something on my own, and you might find me enjoying myself. My brother is an ESTJ, I think, and more stoic. Consistently stoic. It's like engrained in his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Showing few feelings is not the same thing as having few feelings, though.

Also most of those people seem to be NFs (for some reason) and seem to need more emotional validation than other types, which ISTPs are often bad at doing.
    Yeah, if we're talking about that kind of feeling, I'm not sure where to start. I don't even involve myself in relationships anymore. That's how much I care right now. It doesn't mean I'm an android though.