User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: ISTP Feelings

  1. #11
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Oh, are you more talking about expression of feelings? To me that's a very very different idea from talking about, well, feeling feelings. I feel a huge number of things that I don't express.
    -end of thread-

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    I've seen a lot of people complain on this forum about their ISTP not showing them enough affection or not caring in a visible manner enough about them.

    So I'm led to believe that this is perhaps the most cold and emotionally distant of all the types.

    For reference, look at the famous ISTPs page on celebrity types, pretty much all of them have such a stern and serious expression!

  3. #13
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    For reference, look at the famous ISTPs page on celebrity types, pretty much all of them have such a stern and serious expression!
    I'm not stern. That sounds like the "school principal". When I was like 8 or something, I broke into my school and pissed on the principal's desk. That's my "feeling" when it comes to "stern" people. I'm like most SPs.. kind of fun loving, I guess, rebellious, and I have my moments of rage. Not Donald Rumsfeld or Putin. Who's next? Dr. Phil? I'm not going to live up to some image on that site. Most of these places are run by retarded NTs who barely know any people.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Ok, well maybe stern was the wrong word, but I think stoic might be more proper, or self-contained, though perhaps there could be some passionate fire raging inside many ISTPs, or a drive to pleasure, but ya, definately do their own thing, and enjoy it, I think.

    Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

  5. #15
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I've seen a lot of people complain on this forum about their ISTP not showing them enough affection or not caring in a visible manner enough about them.

    So I'm led to believe that this is perhaps the most cold and emotionally distant of all the types.

    For reference, look at the famous ISTPs page on celebrity types, pretty much all of them have such a stern and serious expression!
    Showing few feelings is not the same thing as having few feelings, though.

    Also most of those people seem to be NFs (for some reason) and seem to need more emotional validation than other types, which ISTPs are often bad at doing.
    -end of thread-

  6. #16
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Ok, well maybe stern was the wrong word, but I think stoic might be more proper, or self-contained, though perhaps there could be some passionate fire raging inside many ISTPs, or a drive to pleasure, but ya, definately do their own thing, and enjoy it, I think.

    Again, correct me if I'm wrong.
    It depends on whom I'm with. I don't affect a sense of character or code of conduct. I think that has a lot to do with being a Perciever. Or maybe it's a little Fe too, changeable around environment. It's all situational. I'm stoic when I'm disengaged from the company I'm with. Like a shitty party or something. I can just leave though, do something on my own, and you might find me enjoying myself. My brother is an ESTJ, I think, and more stoic. Consistently stoic. It's like engrained in his character.

  7. #17
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Showing few feelings is not the same thing as having few feelings, though.

    Also most of those people seem to be NFs (for some reason) and seem to need more emotional validation than other types, which ISTPs are often bad at doing.
    Yeah, if we're talking about that kind of feeling, I'm not sure where to start. I don't even involve myself in relationships anymore. That's how much I care right now. It doesn't mean I'm an android though.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] Istp and feelings from mbti-notes
    By Poki in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-23-2017, 05:39 PM
  2. [ISTP] ISTP Sites
    By sassafrassquatch in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 09:30 AM
  3. [ISTP] ISTPs and validating others' feelings
    By foolish heart in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 11:21 AM
  4. [ISTP] ISTPs and their feelings...
    By KarliJoanne in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 11:38 AM
  5. [ISTP] How do ISTPs feel loved/appreciated?
    By seamaid in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO