• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I'm coming out of the closet

alicia91

I'm a ...........................T.

(I know I've changed my type at least 3 times since joining but I'm pretty sure of this one).

I've been in T-denial for some time - I don't want to be a MECHANIC or CRAFTSMAN. :( I have quite well developed F, but I have somewhat MORE T.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
No! No! You've turned to the dark side! :vader1:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Damn, I thought this was going to be a lesbian fantasy-type thread.

Oh well. . . . Good for you.

alicia91

Damn, I thought this was going to be a lesbian fantasy-type thread.

Well I was just testing the waters and will soon reveal the real closet story. ;)

Atomic Fiend

(I know I've changed my type at least 3 times since joining but I'm pretty sure of this one).

I've been in T-denial for some time - I don't want to be a MECHANIC or CRAFTSMAN. :( I have quite well developed F, but I have somewhat MORE T.
Good for you!

:)Traitor.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Aww, sorry to hear that. T's are always stuck having their emotions continually force them to violate their sense of self, unlike F's who can base their values on their emotions to some degree and largely avoid that.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You use logic to make your decisions?

alicia91

There's a lot more to it than that, but yes. I didn't even realize that I did because it seems to normal to me but I went over the major events of my life and studied how I made those decisions. I also had to go back to when I was a young adult and look at those years, since I'm now much older and more balanced.

Of course, I'm not 100% T (who is?) and I had a few F characteristics including being sensitive to critisicm. To find my type I had to dig deeper than just studying dictomies (I was borderline on a couple) or oven the cognitive processes (I found them hard to sort out and couldn't even remember which ones I used predominantely 20 years ago). What helped me was to study my interaction style (definately 100% Chart-the-Course) and information style (Informative). Than it came down to ISTP versus ISTJ and it's obvious that I'm an Artisian. But I admit I ended up having discussions with those closest to me to confirm this.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

It's good that you are learning more about yourself!

I learned my best fit type too through realizing that I was on denial about my Fi. I sooo wanted to be tough T but I can't be what I'm not. It took some time to realize that.