First 12

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    When you figure it out, let me know.
    +1. I only have 2 work modes - crisis and nonexistent.
    -end of thread-

I am not ISTP, but I also tend toward procrastination vs crisis mode productivity.

I like the suggestions in the OP, as well as the ones @StephMC posted. Especially about just starting on something to be doing something. You feel more motivation when you're doing than when you're procrastinating, true fact. And the 20 min thing, often after 20 minutes, you find you have energy to keep going another 20 minutes or more even.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Someone once said to me, rougly 4 years ago, that the ultimate solution for this issue would be to win the lottery. I could not agree more.

...I've yet to buy any tickets though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Someone once said to me, rougly 4 years ago, that the ultimate solution for this issue would be to win the lottery. I could not agree more.

...I've yet to buy any tickets though.
    I hate games of chance. Need to apply some skills somehow. Except, I don't know where to apply myself anymore. At least you NTPs have Ne and don't draw a blank

One upside to the idea of the economy/civilization collapsing is that I would be able to apply myself again. Everyone dies, and I keep on living.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I hate games of chance. Need to apply some skills somehow. Except, I don't know where to apply myself anymore. At least you NTPs have Ne and don't draw a blank

One upside to the idea of the economy/civilization collapsing is that I would be able to apply myself again. Everyone dies, and I keep on living.
    hehe, the point of my joke was that there are no tips and tricks when it comes to procrastination issues though. Even if someone gives you advice, you'd still need to get off your butt and do something with it.

You just have to decide to stop procrastinating. As hard as that is to put into practice, it truely is as simple as that.

Here's my personal five step plan when I decide to do something productive.
    1. brainstorm some ideas on what I should probably be doing.
    2. choose an idea that seems sufficiently productive.
    3. zombify yourself (blank out your mind) and get off of your butt.
    4. settle in productive environment.
    5. Unzombify yourself once you've sufficiently acclimated into the new situation.

~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    1. brainstorm some ideas on what I should probably be doing.
    Brainstorming is not my forte. That's where I envy intuitives. I could use some N friends. SPs tend to improve existing things/structures. Not brainstorm new ones. Even with things I would call myself "creative" with (like music or art) are, in my mind, somewhat derivative. "Inspired by" or what not. Once I get into the groove or feel competent, I start circumventing things, but I'm not nearly as comfortable in a vacuum. Gotta work my way up.

Typical MBTI descriptions would like to tell everyone they're potential rockstars and CEOs, but I bet the truth is that many SPs are clueless, in the ghetto, suck dick for crack, drunk in a ditch, running a gang, playing in shitty bands, or spending all their time on facebook and shopping, centering their whole world around consumerism and vanity, etc.. All I can say is that at least I escaped that. lol. So I'm lazy and not making tons of cash. Whatever. I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

edit: It sounds like I'm making excuses.. But I'm just going through my thought process.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

I have a million important things that i should be doing right now. And yet here I am fucking around on here and there is nothing I can do about it!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    I have a million important things that i should be doing right now. And yet here I am fucking around on here and there is nothing I can do about it!
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    Well, at least you "have" a million other important things.

WALMART

Counter-intuitively, I get more productive when smoking pot. The range of activities I am willing to participate in explodes, like organizing my music library or cleaning my room.

Fuck tha haters.