User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Se perks?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Default Se perks?

I'm finding it hard to see the practical application of Se for the average person.

You guys have any ideas?

1. Energy (that in most situations is a hindrance to standing still as required by the modern world).
    2. Appetite / gluttony / greed ...
    3. Noticing unimportant details nobody cares about.
    4. Noticing clothes quality and appearance and stuff.

I feel depressed thinking about it.

WALMART

Se is best function of the spectrum.

It allows for true observation of the world.

Se allows you to be very flexible and adaptive, not as bound by preconceptions, able to change direction easily with new information.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Se allows you to be very flexible and adaptive, not as bound by preconceptions, able to change direction easily with new information.
    Some Te people tell me stuff along these lines BUT I see THEM succeed and reach meaningful, long-term goals.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I worked sales for a few years and it's an INCREDIBLY useful thing to be able to use one's Se properly... the ability to read small cues in someone's demeanor or voice can give you a real edge in a social situation because it's as close as you can come to reading their minds and motivations... if you want to be able to figure things out in social interaction, it's one of the more useful things out there

combine that with the ability to strategize as to what to do next and you're set

also, never underestimate the importance of enjoying one's life... why bother living if you can't enjoy the taste and smell of a cup of tea? a beautiful and delicious world tends to make almost ANYONE happy
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP

Se is great for self-preservation. If you're camping out in the mountains you can think about meaning of the universe all you like but it won't do you a whole lot of good if you don't notice the mountain lion that's stalking you. Like a lot of things we evolved with to keep us alive, modern society downplays the usefulness of Se, but it's just as relevant when your driving a car or doing some other thing that requires focus on the task at hand and immediate surroundings.
    I think it is irritating that modern life often forces people to repress their energy but sports are always there to help balance that out. Also as far as gluttony/greed/etc. goes, throughout most of human history (and indeed in many parts of the world today) we have not as a species had things so far under control that these could become common problems. I think the best thing is to recognize the basic drives that can lead such issues and direct them towards productive ends, as well as counter-balance them with a healthy concern for and generosity towards others.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I worked sales for a few years and it's an INCREDIBLY useful thing to be able to use one's Se properly... the ability to read small cues in someone's demeanor or voice can give you a real edge in a social situation because it's as close as you can come to reading their minds and motivations... if you want to be able to figure things out in social interaction, it's one of the more useful things out there

combine that with the ability to strategize as to what to do next and you're set

also, never underestimate the importance of enjoying one's life... why bother living if you can't enjoy the taste and smell of a cup of tea? a beautiful and delicious world tends to make almost ANYONE happy
    Se is an incredibly useful mindset to own..... it's all about "practical application." The best of salespeople, surgeons, engineers, detectives, are probably Se dom.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

improvisation
    in-the-moment awareness
    rawness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Oh yes, and actors/actresses.... but I think people already knew about that

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    It allows for true observation of the world.
    This is the impression I had, of Se. Seems to be the most pretense-free, of all the functions. The only one that actually experiences the world as it is.

Anyone who says that all Sensors experience things in-the-moment is full of crap; Si is not in-the-moment at all. Only Se is.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!