• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Se perks?

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm finding it hard to see the practical application of Se for the average person.

You guys have any ideas?

1. Energy (that in most situations is a hindrance to standing still as required by the modern world).
2. Appetite / gluttony / greed ...
3. Noticing unimportant details nobody cares about.
4. Noticing clothes quality and appearance and stuff.

I feel depressed thinking about it.

W

WALMART

Se is best function of the spectrum.

It allows for true observation of the world.

gromit

likes this
Se allows you to be very flexible and adaptive, not as bound by preconceptions, able to change direction easily with new information.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Se allows you to be very flexible and adaptive, not as bound by preconceptions, able to change direction easily with new information.

Some Te people tell me stuff along these lines BUT I see THEM succeed and reach meaningful, long-term goals.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I worked sales for a few years and it's an INCREDIBLY useful thing to be able to use one's Se properly... the ability to read small cues in someone's demeanor or voice can give you a real edge in a social situation because it's as close as you can come to reading their minds and motivations... if you want to be able to figure things out in social interaction, it's one of the more useful things out there :yes:

combine that with the ability to strategize as to what to do next and you're set :yes:

also, never underestimate the importance of enjoying one's life... why bother living if you can't enjoy the taste and smell of a cup of tea? a beautiful and delicious world tends to make almost ANYONE happy :wubbie:

jryn1993

MBTI Type
ISTP
Se is great for self-preservation. If you're camping out in the mountains you can think about meaning of the universe all you like but it won't do you a whole lot of good if you don't notice the mountain lion that's stalking you. Like a lot of things we evolved with to keep us alive, modern society downplays the usefulness of Se, but it's just as relevant when your driving a car or doing some other thing that requires focus on the task at hand and immediate surroundings.
I think it is irritating that modern life often forces people to repress their energy but sports are always there to help balance that out. Also as far as gluttony/greed/etc. goes, throughout most of human history (and indeed in many parts of the world today) we have not as a species had things so far under control that these could become common problems. I think the best thing is to recognize the basic drives that can lead such issues and direct them towards productive ends, as well as counter-balance them with a healthy concern for and generosity towards others.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I worked sales for a few years and it's an INCREDIBLY useful thing to be able to use one's Se properly... the ability to read small cues in someone's demeanor or voice can give you a real edge in a social situation because it's as close as you can come to reading their minds and motivations... if you want to be able to figure things out in social interaction, it's one of the more useful things out there :yes:

combine that with the ability to strategize as to what to do next and you're set :yes:

also, never underestimate the importance of enjoying one's life... why bother living if you can't enjoy the taste and smell of a cup of tea? a beautiful and delicious world tends to make almost ANYONE happy :wubbie:

:nice: Se is an incredibly useful mindset to own..... it's all about "practical application." The best of salespeople, surgeons, engineers, detectives, are probably Se dom.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
improvisation
in-the-moment awareness
rawness

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Oh yes, and actors/actresses.... but I think people already knew about that ;)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It allows for true observation of the world.
This is the impression I had, of Se. Seems to be the most pretense-free, of all the functions. The only one that actually experiences the world as it is.

Anyone who says that all Sensors experience things in-the-moment is full of crap; Si is not in-the-moment at all. Only Se is.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se looks awesome to me...I watch my XSFP sister and son with envy at times. I often try to one-up them with my Ne but there is this slight lag time thing and I'm never quite as sharp they are.

:cry:

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't forget you get a hot body and access to many sexually desirable mates

jixmixfix

Permabanned
This is the impression I had, of Se. Seems to be the most pretense-free, of all the functions. The only one that actually experiences the world as it is.

Anyone who says that all Sensors experience things in-the-moment is full of crap; Si is not in-the-moment at all. Only Se is.

How is si not in the moment?

jixmixfix

Permabanned

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How I experience all my functions, generally speaking, is in either the future (planning), the past (understanding precedents), or the realm of the abstract (ideals, concepts). Immersion in the now is just not something that happens, in the same way that it does with Se. Closest thing I get to that, as an ESTJ, is a focus on things in the now that need to be fixed (Te/Si), but even that is more of a focus on a goal, and a conception of "wrong". It's focusing more on my own thoughts, than on the world itself. If it's in the moment, then I'm viewing the moment through heavily tinted lenses. I don't get clarity of vision like you guys (presumably) do.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How I experience all my functions, generally speaking, is in either the future (planning), the past (understanding precedents), or the realm of the abstract (ideals, concepts). Immersion in the now is just not something that happens, in the same way that it does with Se. Closest thing I get to that, as an ESTJ, is a focus on things in the now that need to be fixed (Te/Si), but even that is more of a focus on a goal, and a conception of "wrong". It's focusing more on my own thoughts, than on the world itself. If it's in the moment, then I'm viewing the moment through heavily tinted lenses. I don't get clarity of vision like you guys (presumably) do.

All of this sounds useful.

[MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION]
Thanks. How was sales?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
All of this sounds useful.
It's all biased, though, is my point. And, for lack of a better word, impure.

I'd also be interested in hearing about whatever's work, though; I don't know a lot about Se in practice, except that apparently it involves being "in the zone".

jixmixfix

Permabanned

So you have a strong desire to understand the past? From what I understand about Te si is that they tend to have a soft spot for wanting to experiance pleasent sensations much like si te. Te si users are very much resourceful in how they manipulate the world around them and thus they are primarly stratetic thinkers.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
I'm finding it hard to see the practical application of Se for the average person.

You guys have any ideas?

1. Energy (that in most situations is a hindrance to standing still as required by the modern world).
2. Appetite / gluttony / greed ...
3. Noticing unimportant details nobody cares about.
4. Noticing clothes quality and appearance and stuff.

I feel depressed thinking about it.

I don't think gluttony is related to Se.

Se would seem the function most considered "cool" by society. In fact I was surprised by this thread, because just the other day I thought of starting one asking "how did a world with large majority non-Se doms, come to desire Se as the coolest function".

In any case I love Se and wish mine was better (I believe in Shadow Functions).

Good appearance is a large part of success. Co-ordination is not only very practical, but brings confidence, ability to be "out there" in the world and deal with whatever comes up, calmly, to sync with people effortlessly.

Plus it would help me get laid more if I could dance better and do impressions of ppl and shit.:D