User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Se perks?

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Se looks awesome to me...I watch my XSFP sister and son with envy at times. I often try to one-up them with my Ne but there is this slight lag time thing and I'm never quite as sharp they are.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Don't forget you get a hot body and access to many sexually desirable mates
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    This is the impression I had, of Se. Seems to be the most pretense-free, of all the functions. The only one that actually experiences the world as it is.

Anyone who says that all Sensors experience things in-the-moment is full of crap; Si is not in-the-moment at all. Only Se is.
    How is si not in the moment?

Permabanned

This is the impression I had, of Se. Seems to be the most pretense-free, of all the functions. The only one that actually experiences the world as it is.

Anyone who says that all Sensors experience things in-the-moment is full of crap; Si is not in-the-moment at all. Only Se is.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    How I experience all my functions, generally speaking, is in either the future (planning), the past (understanding precedents), or the realm of the abstract (ideals, concepts). Immersion in the now is just not something that happens, in the same way that it does with Se. Closest thing I get to that, as an ESTJ, is a focus on things in the now that need to be fixed (Te/Si), but even that is more of a focus on a goal, and a conception of "wrong". It's focusing more on my own thoughts, than on the world itself. If it's in the moment, then I'm viewing the moment through heavily tinted lenses. I don't get clarity of vision like you guys (presumably) do.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

How I experience all my functions, generally speaking, is in either the future (planning), the past (understanding precedents), or the realm of the abstract (ideals, concepts). Immersion in the now is just not something that happens, in the same way that it does with Se. Closest thing I get to that, as an ESTJ, is a focus on things in the now that need to be fixed (Te/Si), but even that is more of a focus on a goal, and a conception of "wrong". It's focusing more on my own thoughts, than on the world itself. If it's in the moment, then I'm viewing the moment through heavily tinted lenses. I don't get clarity of vision like you guys (presumably) do.
    All of this sounds useful.

@whatever
    Thanks. How was sales?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    All of this sounds useful.
    It's all biased, though, is my point. And, for lack of a better word, impure.

I'd also be interested in hearing about whatever's work, though; I don't know a lot about Se in practice, except that apparently it involves being "in the zone".
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Threads like this are just strange. Se doesn't exist in a vacuum.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Permabanned

So you have a strong desire to understand the past? From what I understand about Te si is that they tend to have a soft spot for wanting to experiance pleasent sensations much like si te. Te si users are very much resourceful in how they manipulate the world around them and thus they are primarly stratetic thinkers.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    I'm finding it hard to see the practical application of Se for the average person.

You guys have any ideas?

1. Energy (that in most situations is a hindrance to standing still as required by the modern world).
    2. Appetite / gluttony / greed ...
    3. Noticing unimportant details nobody cares about.
    4. Noticing clothes quality and appearance and stuff.

I feel depressed thinking about it.
    I don't think gluttony is related to Se.

Se would seem the function most considered "cool" by society. In fact I was surprised by this thread, because just the other day I thought of starting one asking "how did a world with large majority non-Se doms, come to desire Se as the coolest function".

In any case I love Se and wish mine was better (I believe in Shadow Functions).

Good appearance is a large part of success. Co-ordination is not only very practical, but brings confidence, ability to be "out there" in the world and deal with whatever comes up, calmly, to sync with people effortlessly.

Plus it would help me get laid more if I could dance better and do impressions of ppl and shit.