User Tag List

123 Last

Default Reality TV shows?

Just curious if any of you like reality tv, and if so, what do you like?

I used to be a HUGE Survivor fan (was one of the original members of the Survivor Sucks board) and watched many seasons of it before I lost interest. Was also a big fan of The Mole - Anderson Cooper (yummy, but I hear he's gay), which I just heard is back and the Amazing Race. But my current faves are Deadliest Catch and America's Best Dance Crew. Two completely different shows I know but they are both really cool. Ice Road Truckers was also good but I could never seem to find it, it just seemed to be randomly on when I turned on the TV.

I secretly watch some of the trashier ones like I Love NY (which was better than Flava Flav's show IMO), and the one with Tila Tequila (poor Dani! boo hoo), but only in small doses. I'm actually not happy that the higher quality shows are being replaced by the trashier ones.

I've also watched Celebrity Fit Club and have a secret crush on Harvey. He can come over and order me around any day!

MBTI
    INFP

Big Brother has made me turn against reality TV shows. I mean, people running around a house with a 'LYK OMFG I AM LYK TTLY THE BEST HERE SEE SEE I CAN SCREAM THE LOUDEST LOLLOLLOL IM CRAZY!' just gets a bit tiresome.
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

From what I've seen so far, I'd rather nurse piranhas than watch that sop. I've seen some where all the petty drama seems like adult-sized middle schoolers run amok. I wondered if these people are actually like that, or had regressed to stupider forms of childhood to amaze the viewer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I like to watch the biggest loser and beauty and the geek.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INtP

I'm either a pretty big fan or completely uninterested in reality shows. Basically, this means that I make a point of watching Survivor (although it's a bit played out), The Amazing Race, and the Mole (non-celebrity version, now that it's back). Singing/Modeling etc. shows don't do anything at all for me, and the "celebrity life" type shows... no... just no...

Basically, if it's a show I think would be fun to be on myself, I'm interested.

The dramas do get tiresome - and they certainly aren't my favorites. I have never even seen Big Brother. I'm not sure about Big Brother but I know most of those younger trashier ones are all scripted and fake, sort of like Jerry Springer.

But I just love Deadliest Catch. I just find it very interesting - fighting the elements, making their quotas, the danger. One of my sons loves it too and now wants to be a crab boat captain.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I really like so you think you can dance, but I wouldn't really call it a reality show since I just watch it to see the dancing.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I've gotten into Beauty and the Geek.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    From what I've seen so far, I'd rather nurse piranhas than watch that sop. I've seen some where all the petty drama seems like adult-sized middle schoolers run amok. I wondered if these people are actually like that, or had regressed to stupider forms of childhood to amaze the viewer.
    Do tell.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

I watched the first few seasons of Survivor, but I got tired of it. The only reality show I really watch anymore is American Idol. Unless you count the Food Network Challenges, which is kind of iffy.

Some of them I think are downright disgusting and offensive. Moment Of Truth has to be the absolute nadir of human civilization.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari