User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I like to watch the biggest loser and beauty and the geek.
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I've gotten into Beauty and the Geek.
    Oops, I forgot one - I do enjoy this show too. It's fun (and often funny) without being gratuitously nasty, and the folks on it seem to get something good from the experience (unlike many of the other shows, it seems).

MBTI
    INXP

Does anyone remember the days when television was made by professionals, who were paid to do it, and trained? With a script?

Ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Does anyone remember the days when television was made by professionals, who were paid to do it, and trained? With a script?

Ho hum.
    Barely. I'd work a lot more if we went back to that, that's for sure.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I liked the Joe Schmo Show (which was one real guy and a bunch of actors), Kid Nation, and of course the original "reality" show, the first few seasons of The Real World on MTV.

I watched "For Love or Money" for a little while, mostly because there was this smokin' hot girl on there, but of course when it was down to just her and the manipulative bitch, the dude chose the latter and she took the money and left him, serves him right! I never wanted to be a reality show contestant more than that though, because I would have chose the other girl and we would have lived happily ever after or died trying.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

No way.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    From what I've seen so far, I'd rather nurse piranhas...
    Do tell.
    Err... Come to mama?

Damn this board's lack of a boobflash emoticon.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Just curious if any of you like reality tv, and if so, what do you like?
    Guilty as charged.

I also enjoy The Amazing Race and I really liked The Mole when it was first on; before they made the lame celebrity version. I managed to withstand the temptation to watch it this time. But only because they've replaced hotty Anderson Cooper with that godawful schmarmster who used to be the sportscaster on the local Austin Fox channel back when I was in grad school. I hate that guy.

I just finished watching American Idol and have become certifiably gaga over the winner, David Cook. My husband's this close to shipping me off to rehab. I wasn't a fan of the show and only used to watch the audition episodes and the funniest audition recaps; but that balding bartender from Tulsa sucked me in with his dark smokey voice. Oh and the eye-fucking.

I'm old school in that I started with Real World, then Road Rules. I don't watch those anymore; they've lost all social relevance (debatable if they ever had it) and become nothing more than "boys and girls gone wild in swanky rent-free mansion."

The lowest I've gone has been the dating shows. I'm ashamed to admit I watched both series of "Rock of Love" and both series of "Shot at Love." I agree that Dani got robbed; well I guess that depends on how you look at it. She's now hugely popular and can get any girl she wants. She's much better off without that overtanned lying ("Bobby dumped me!") twit who kept "Joysey" in the house long after his annoying schtick became tiresome and let some possibly better matches go. Of course, she has no intention of actually staying with the winner. There's too much money to be made - and attention to be milked - in sequels.

Other random shows I've watched: the last series of "Project Runway" just because that little hot tranny mess was so hilarious, and Big Brother (but only the series with Kaysar), Beauty and the Geek, and America's Next Top Model.

I cut back alot a couple of years ago, and right now I tell myself I'm just watching more while I bide my time during my countdown to freedom. Pretty soon, I won't even own TV. Cold turkey works best sometimes.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

ah i forgot about project runway. i love project runway.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Ho hum.
    I've been told that reality programming is much cheaper to produce and is an easy ratings booster.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INTP

Ho hum.
    It's only gonna get worse because now they're gonna slash budgets on reality shows. :horor: The sad truth is they're so freckin' "scripted" and plotted out now, they'd be better off going all script and real talent instead of manufacturing bs. it's all dollars and cents. The rate you pay actors and writers including union contributions compared to the "amatuers" and consultants of reality TV could feed, water and power villages for years.

Not a fan of them, though I can't say I never watch any of them. I did like Blind Date when it first came on. I've seen bits and pieces of Joes vs Pros and thought that was cool. Some cooking shows are alright. I find ones outside of Food Network to be more to my liking. Just preparation, maybe some info about ingrediants, some of the other personality they try to throw in I can do w/out.

There was one show, I think it was called Starting Over, where the women in the house were trying to better themselves, economically, mentally, education, healthier relationships, etc. It reminded me of some places I'd volunteered. It was too positive and supportive so of course it didn't do squat in ratings and wasn't around long. i guess biggest loser is akin to that but I don't have a desire to watch that or many shows.