User Tag List

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Default you think we can get the NT`s to build us one???

ok, i love cooking. i realized though that the dishes i love to eat tend to carry certain commonalities. i was thinking, you know pandora and netflix tracks patterns based off your taste? how about something that tracks patterns based off your taste and style for cooking?

im not sure if there is anything out there like that but if there is, give me links!!!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTp

Well, I don't believe everyone would have that tendency to eat food with certain commonalities. Sure, you might have a favorite dish and some dishes that don't appease to you, but even then our tastes are varied. But I digress.
    There could be a site where they put recipes up (created by them or user generated) and you could fave the recipes you liked. In response, the website could perhaps generate a list of recipes you might like. Maybe other recipes by the same creators or recipes with the same ingredients in them. And as you spend more time on the website, it'll become more narrowed to be more like your preferences.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Emerill View Post
    Well, I don't believe everyone would have that tendency to eat food with certain commonalities. Sure, you might have a favorite dish and some dishes that don't appease to you, but even then our tastes are varied. But I digress.
    There could be a site where they put recipes up (created by them or user generated) and you could fave the recipes you liked. In response, the website could perhaps generate a list of recipes you might like. Maybe other recipes by the same creators or recipes with the same ingredients in them. And as you spend more time on the website, it'll become more narrowed to be more like your preferences.
    This would be a dream machine but it could account for different preferences for chewy, chruncy, flavor combinations, wet/dry, vegetarian, healthy, certain cuts of meat, ect.

In reality it would probably be just as you said.

Though I would prefer a computer app that implemented willy wonkas likable wallpaper technology. Some kind of flacor transmitting attachment for your computer that you could lick and gnaw and would take just like food! Instead of stations like pandora you could have a "make a resultant based on this".

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    ok, i love cooking. i realized though that the dishes i love to eat tend to carry certain commonalities. i was thinking, you know pandora and netflix tracks patterns based off your taste? how about something that tracks patterns based off your taste and style for cooking?

im not sure if there is anything out there like that but if there is, give me links!!!
    have you tried out yummly? it's a smart search for recipes based on your tastes
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Why would i build that?

Do you have any idea how hard this food stuff is? I wish i was petrol driven because this food stuff is bugging the crap outa me. yes its tasty but its taking my time. And i allways lack something for it.

You make your wishes i take the dishes.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post

That's actually a neat idea. What kind of commonalities have you observed? If it's something simple and objective (i.e., ingredients based) you could always just google it. Not shitting you. They do receipe searches where you can get different search results by adding or taking away ingredients. If it was more like, mood-based (like say you wanted a romantic meal), then that's far beyond my technological capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforce View Post
    Why would i build that?

Do you have any idea how hard this food stuff is? I wish i was petrol driven because this food stuff is bugging the crap outa me. yes its tasty but its taking my time. And i allways lack something for it.

You make your wishes i take the dishes.
    *Licks disgruntled INT boy*
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

they're already working on artificial taste. i'm sure cooks can approximate this quite well with the chemistry they need to learn in culinary classes (at least the naturals will have a knack for it).

to be slightly more useful, perhaps check out the science of cooking

to identify the patterns you enjoy.

I notice this myself. I tend to prefer foods that are less acidic, low sugar, high protein, low carbohydrate, high fat, umami taste, spicy, not saccharine, etc

usually for me this means thai, indian, vietnamese, japanese, some mediteranean, some korean, and the occasional burrito
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    *Licks disgruntled INT
    Happy time!

http://z0r.de/691