User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. #1
    Yup
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    Istj
    Posts
    1,517

    Default you think we can get the NT`s to build us one???

    ok, i love cooking. i realized though that the dishes i love to eat tend to carry certain commonalities. i was thinking, you know pandora and netflix tracks patterns based off your taste? how about something that tracks patterns based off your taste and style for cooking?

    im not sure if there is anything out there like that but if there is, give me links!!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member Emerill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Well, I don't believe everyone would have that tendency to eat food with certain commonalities. Sure, you might have a favorite dish and some dishes that don't appease to you, but even then our tastes are varied. But I digress.
    There could be a site where they put recipes up (created by them or user generated) and you could fave the recipes you liked. In response, the website could perhaps generate a list of recipes you might like. Maybe other recipes by the same creators or recipes with the same ingredients in them. And as you spend more time on the website, it'll become more narrowed to be more like your preferences.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerill View Post
    Well, I don't believe everyone would have that tendency to eat food with certain commonalities. Sure, you might have a favorite dish and some dishes that don't appease to you, but even then our tastes are varied. But I digress.
    There could be a site where they put recipes up (created by them or user generated) and you could fave the recipes you liked. In response, the website could perhaps generate a list of recipes you might like. Maybe other recipes by the same creators or recipes with the same ingredients in them. And as you spend more time on the website, it'll become more narrowed to be more like your preferences.
    This would be a dream machine but it could account for different preferences for chewy, chruncy, flavor combinations, wet/dry, vegetarian, healthy, certain cuts of meat, ect.

    In reality it would probably be just as you said.

    Though I would prefer a computer app that implemented willy wonkas likable wallpaper technology. Some kind of flacor transmitting attachment for your computer that you could lick and gnaw and would take just like food! Instead of stations like pandora you could have a "make a resultant based on this".

  4. #4
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    ok, i love cooking. i realized though that the dishes i love to eat tend to carry certain commonalities. i was thinking, you know pandora and netflix tracks patterns based off your taste? how about something that tracks patterns based off your taste and style for cooking?

    im not sure if there is anything out there like that but if there is, give me links!!!
    have you tried out yummly? it's a smart search for recipes based on your tastes
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  5. #5
    Member Triforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Why would i build that?

    Do you have any idea how hard this food stuff is? I wish i was petrol driven because this food stuff is bugging the crap outa me. yes its tasty but its taking my time. And i allways lack something for it.

    You make your wishes i take the dishes.

  6. #6
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    ok, i love cooking. i realized though that the dishes i love to eat tend to carry certain commonalities. i was thinking, you know pandora and netflix tracks patterns based off your taste? how about something that tracks patterns based off your taste and style for cooking?

    im not sure if there is anything out there like that but if there is, give me links!!!
    That's actually a neat idea. What kind of commonalities have you observed? If it's something simple and objective (i.e., ingredients based) you could always just google it. Not shitting you. They do receipe searches where you can get different search results by adding or taking away ingredients. If it was more like, mood-based (like say you wanted a romantic meal), then that's far beyond my technological capabilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triforce View Post
    Why would i build that?

    Do you have any idea how hard this food stuff is? I wish i was petrol driven because this food stuff is bugging the crap outa me. yes its tasty but its taking my time. And i allways lack something for it.

    You make your wishes i take the dishes.
    *Licks disgruntled INT boy*
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  7. #7
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    they're already working on artificial taste. i'm sure cooks can approximate this quite well with the chemistry they need to learn in culinary classes (at least the naturals will have a knack for it).

    to be slightly more useful, perhaps check out the science of cooking

    to identify the patterns you enjoy.

    I notice this myself. I tend to prefer foods that are less acidic, low sugar, high protein, low carbohydrate, high fat, umami taste, spicy, not saccharine, etc

    usually for me this means thai, indian, vietnamese, japanese, some mediteranean, some korean, and the occasional burrito
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  8. #8
    Member Triforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    *Licks disgruntled INT
    Happy time!

    http://z0r.de/691

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ's, what do you think about most of the time?
    By NewEra in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-17-2017, 09:20 PM
  2. How many kinds of people do you think there are in the world?
    By PeaceBaby in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 08:35 PM
  3. [JCF] FPs: yes, we CAN tell the difference between someone being natural vs fake
    By Elfboy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 01:47 PM
  4. Do you think it is possible that NTs (esp. NTPs) are not good at academic writing?
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 06:28 PM
  5. What do you think about most of the time?
    By Sacrator in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 04:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO