User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 15

  1. #1
    Yup
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    Istj
    Posts
    1,514

    Default sp`s and finances

    i read on here and other forums that we tend get easily into debt easily, can`t save for nothing. it basically can be said when it comes to money, our philosophy is "spend and god will send"

    The Compulsive Money-Spender Personality Type (this is a fun article)

    basically we are the compulsive spenders of mbti and of course our counter part "SJ" can make a dollar scream.(thinking of "sj"s walking around with butt cheeks clinched all day)


    anyway,


    when i think of this, i can agree somewhat to this. i like paying the bills off first, taking care of all the important things. im pretty frugal or at least in terms of what i like to do. i enjoy going to the gym and gaming. usually its under 100$ ish. i love investing in my property and making changes to the house...


    what about you guys? can you save money? are you a compulsive spender? whats your money philosophy?

  2. #2
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    i read on here and other forums that we tend get easily into debt easily, can`t save for nothing. it basically can be said when it comes to money, our philosophy is "spend and god will send"

    http://ms-dee.hubpages.com/hub/Money...ulsive-Spender (this is a fun article)

    basically we are the compulsive spenders of mbti and of course our counter part "SJ" can make a dollar scream.(thinking of "sj"s walking around with butt cheeks clinched all day)


    anyway,


    when i think of this, i can agree somewhat to this. i like paying the bills off first, taking care of all the important things. im pretty frugal or at least in terms of what i like to do. i enjoy going to the gym and gaming. usually its under 100$ ish. i love investing in my property and making changes to the house...


    what about you guys? can you save money? are you a compulsive spender? whats your money philosophy?
    I'm not sure why you say you can somewhat agree. If you pay bills and save first, you're on the more frugal side of the average, not the compulsive spending side.

    I can see why the SP stereotype would suggest more compulsive spending than other types - this may be more applicable for Se-doms, though. For me, I am so strongly self-pres (the other sp ) that I seem to be far more frugal than most of my peers regardless of type. I don't mind spending money (if I have it to spare i.e. no debt, bills paid, savings ok), but put a high value on maximizing the happiness I can buy for each dollar spent.
    -end of thread-

  3. #3
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    The other day I bought Halo 4 instead of paying my phone bill. Some may shun me for poor financial management, but I know where my priorities lie.

  4. #4
    Yup
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    Istj
    Posts
    1,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    The other day I bought Halo 4 instead of paying my phone bill. Some may shun me for poor financial management, but I know where my priorities lie.
    you`re probably going to lock yourself in some sort of man cave, with little light and probably not going to want to be bothered for a while, during that time. not having a phone, minimizes interruptions and so it works out.

  5. #5
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    Hmm. I saved 7 grand in 9 months. I was saving for a house. Yet, I bought a motorycle. Worth it? Yes. I can always save more. Haven't been in debt for years. Learned my lesson. But right now my savings are depleted. I'll bring it back up again tho.
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  6. #6
    Yup
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    Istj
    Posts
    1,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Hmm. I saved 7 grand in 9 months. I was saving for a house. Yet, I bought a motorycle. Worth it? Yes. I can always save more. Haven't been in debt for years. Learned my lesson. But right now my savings are depleted. I'll bring it back up again tho.
    so its more like a yo-yo for you? until you see something you want more.

  7. #7
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Hmm. I saved 7 grand in 9 months. I was saving for a house. Yet, I bought a motorycle. Worth it? Yes. I can always save more. Haven't been in debt for years. Learned my lesson. But right now my savings are depleted. I'll bring it back up again tho.
    FWIW, some of this behavior comes from overly curtailing miniature expenses, which build up into a single (maybe extinction event, long period though) large escape. It often happens if you abruptly change your earlier behaviors (ie: you may be repeating the same pattern by saying you will bring it back up again: better to just let it happen naturally and live your lifestyle reasonable and unconstrained).

  8. #8
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    so its more like a yo-yo for you? until you see something you want more.
    Yeah. I guess so.

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    FWIW, some of this behavior comes from overly curtailing miniature expenses, which build up into a single (maybe extinction event, long period though) large escape. It often happens if you abruptly change your earlier behaviors (ie: you may be repeating the same pattern by saying you will bring it back up again: better to just let it happen naturally and live your lifestyle reasonable and unconstrained).
    I've wanted a bike long before a home. It wasn't a knee jerk purchase. The timing was too good to pass up. I do go thru periods of...hibernation? Lol. Where it is easy to save. So it feels natural to me to do things this way. I like the feeling of having savings. But maybe I'm a nut. Who knows?
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    I think inferior te types can be bad with spending gambling etc.

  10. #10
    Junior Member Ryadai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I like the feeling of having savings. But maybe I'm a nut. Who knows?
    I know what you mean about that, I love knowing that I've saved money and that I have some put aside but then there will be this period of time when I buy everything and everything.
    I don't even want a lot of it, in retrospect. Hurray for spending for the sake of spending!

Similar Threads

  1. [SP] Sp's and others
    By mortabunt in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 10:56 AM
  2. [SP] Sp's and tactics.
    By ColonelGadaafi in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 05:47 AM
  3. [SP] SP's and Se.
    By Athenian200 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 08:56 PM
  4. [SP] SP's and cheating
    By GirlAmerica in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 01:33 AM
  5. [MBTItm] NT Responsibility, SP enjoyment and own example
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 01:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO