User Tag List

12 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Default sp`s and finances

i read on here and other forums that we tend get easily into debt easily, can`t save for nothing. it basically can be said when it comes to money, our philosophy is "spend and god will send"

The Compulsive Money-Spender Personality Type (this is a fun article)

basically we are the compulsive spenders of mbti and of course our counter part "SJ" can make a dollar scream.(thinking of "sj"s walking around with butt cheeks clinched all day)

anyway,

when i think of this, i can agree somewhat to this. i like paying the bills off first, taking care of all the important things. im pretty frugal or at least in terms of what i like to do. i enjoy going to the gym and gaming. usually its under 100$ ish. i love investing in my property and making changes to the house...

what about you guys? can you save money? are you a compulsive spender? whats your money philosophy?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    i read on here and other forums that we tend get easily into debt easily, can`t save for nothing. it basically can be said when it comes to money, our philosophy is "spend and god will send"

http://ms-dee.hubpages.com/hub/Money...ulsive-Spender (this is a fun article)

basically we are the compulsive spenders of mbti and of course our counter part "SJ" can make a dollar scream.(thinking of "sj"s walking around with butt cheeks clinched all day)

anyway,

when i think of this, i can agree somewhat to this. i like paying the bills off first, taking care of all the important things. im pretty frugal or at least in terms of what i like to do. i enjoy going to the gym and gaming. usually its under 100$ ish. i love investing in my property and making changes to the house...

what about you guys? can you save money? are you a compulsive spender? whats your money philosophy?
    I'm not sure why you say you can somewhat agree. If you pay bills and save first, you're on the more frugal side of the average, not the compulsive spending side.

I can see why the SP stereotype would suggest more compulsive spending than other types - this may be more applicable for Se-doms, though. For me, I am so strongly self-pres (the other sp ) that I seem to be far more frugal than most of my peers regardless of type. I don't mind spending money (if I have it to spare i.e. no debt, bills paid, savings ok), but put a high value on maximizing the happiness I can buy for each dollar spent.
    -end of thread-

WALMART

The other day I bought Halo 4 instead of paying my phone bill. Some may shun me for poor financial management, but I know where my priorities lie.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    The other day I bought Halo 4 instead of paying my phone bill. Some may shun me for poor financial management, but I know where my priorities lie.
    you`re probably going to lock yourself in some sort of man cave, with little light and probably not going to want to be bothered for a while, during that time. not having a phone, minimizes interruptions and so it works out.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Hmm. I saved 7 grand in 9 months. I was saving for a house. Yet, I bought a motorycle. Worth it? Yes. I can always save more. Haven't been in debt for years. Learned my lesson. But right now my savings are depleted. I'll bring it back up again tho.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Hmm. I saved 7 grand in 9 months. I was saving for a house. Yet, I bought a motorycle. Worth it? Yes. I can always save more. Haven't been in debt for years. Learned my lesson. But right now my savings are depleted. I'll bring it back up again tho.
    so its more like a yo-yo for you? until you see something you want more.

MBTI
    ISTP

FWIW, some of this behavior comes from overly curtailing miniature expenses, which build up into a single (maybe extinction event, long period though) large escape. It often happens if you abruptly change your earlier behaviors (ie: you may be repeating the same pattern by saying you will bring it back up again: better to just let it happen naturally and live your lifestyle reasonable and unconstrained).

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    so its more like a yo-yo for you? until you see something you want more.
    Yeah. I guess so.

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    FWIW, some of this behavior comes from overly curtailing miniature expenses, which build up into a single (maybe extinction event, long period though) large escape. It often happens if you abruptly change your earlier behaviors (ie: you may be repeating the same pattern by saying you will bring it back up again: better to just let it happen naturally and live your lifestyle reasonable and unconstrained).
    I've wanted a bike long before a home. It wasn't a knee jerk purchase. The timing was too good to pass up. I do go thru periods of...hibernation? Lol. Where it is easy to save. So it feels natural to me to do things this way. I like the feeling of having savings. But maybe I'm a nut. Who knows?
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Permabanned

I think inferior te types can be bad with spending gambling etc.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I like the feeling of having savings. But maybe I'm a nut. Who knows?
    I know what you mean about that, I love knowing that I've saved money and that I have some put aside but then there will be this period of time when I buy everything and everything.
    I don't even want a lot of it, in retrospect. Hurray for spending for the sake of spending!