User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You don't like it because, oftentimes, people who want power want it for sadistic reasons i..e be able to control others, make them do what the powerful person wants against their own will, etc. etc. and that can be a very negative signal in a relationship setting, when you personally do not care about associating yourself with a potentially "powerful" person, who might however mistreat others.

It's not so relevant nowadays in most developed countries, because sadism does not lead to power that easily - it's more likely to lead to prison.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    experience nausea. do you guys ever feel the same kind of reaction from these people? how do you normally deal with them?
    No, not nausea, anger.

Although there are many rationalisations for anti-authoritarianism, as many as there are for authoritarianism.

When it is not possibly a 99 carrot dumb attempts to achieve a good, when it is power seeking for its only sake and controlling behaviour it is wrong, really wrong.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

it depends on what they want the power and control for. For some of them (usually the estxs) I just feel sad you can feel the almost palpable sense of fear. There are -some- out there though that get power to keep those in check. Those I very much admire and try to emulate.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ESTP

Sure do, I tell the ones that control and manipulate others so people think they're responsible "um, hello, how is getting others to be secretive around you being responsible" and don't back down when they look at me in that taunting 'what are you going to do about it' way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

experience nausea. do you guys ever feel the same kind of reaction from these people? how do you normally deal with them?

I'm curious. How do you "deal' with them?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

I kind of dismiss it unless I see it. At worst, ambitious people can be annoying. I dislike the actual ruling elite (oil barons, bluebloods, Dick Cheney). People who direct culture with powerful positions in law, business, and media.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Do you know what your enneatype is? If you are a core 6, then this post makes a lot of sense.

Depends on what the power and control is used for, why they are seeking power and control, and how are they using the power and control they are seeking.