User Tag List

First 234

Thread: ISTP Weaknesses

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Expressing themselves A bit too independent (i'm too lazy to elaborate this point to indicate the gravity of it) Desires external stimulation and socializing but too bored to make it happen. Lacks expression capabilities to enjoy when it (what I said above) happens Unable to make the most out of most situations - contrary to esps). Lacks decisiveness. Not so romantic. Not as badass as they are rumoured to be. Not as suave as they are rumoured to be. Hot headed. Though not serious are quite defensive. Though fun are not very entertaining. Not so fun either. Lacks confidence in their capabilities. Sometimes think too much into what is unrelated (tert Ni), Unable to decide what is and what is not important when things get a bit too complicated (Has Ni but it isn't primary or secondary - having Ni is sometimes a pain in the ass probably). Though sp are unable to enjoy the moment too much. Though thinks ahead are unable to plan ahead. Arnold Schwartzenegger... (The bodybuilder) isn't an istp - what does that have to do with the topic? Xstps are supposed to be (even theoretically) the mascuile type. Yet the champ of them all isn't one.

I think it's a fair enough assessment of things people would potentially dislike about us. I think of it as a Venn Diagram: things that are me, things I see in others and things Riva Ne's out of thin air :P

Permabanned

Arnold is an obvious ISTJ type 7.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Expressing themselves
    A bit too independent (I'm too lazy to elaborate this point to indicate the gravity of it).
    Desires external stimulation and socializing but too bored to make it happen.
    Lacks expression capabilities to enjoy when it (what I said above) happens.
    Unable to make the most out of most situations - unlike esps).
    Lacks decisiveness.
    Not so romantic.
    Not as badass as they are rumoured to be.
    Not as suave as they are rumoured to be.
    Hot headed.
    Though not serious are quite defensive.
    Though fun are not very entertaining.
    Not so fun either.
    Lacks confidence in their capabilities.
    Sometimes think too much into what is unrelated (tert Ni),
    Unable to decide what is and what is not important when things get a bit too complicated (Has Ni but it isn't primary or secondary - having Ni is sometimes a pain in the ass probably).
    Though SPs are unable to enjoy the moment too much.
    Though thinks ahead are unable to plan ahead.

Arnold Schwartzenegger... (The bodybuilder) isn't an ISTP - what does that have to do with the topic? Xstps are supposed to be (even theoretically) the masculine type. Yet the champ of them all isn't one.
    A bunch of these are not true even as general trends ("lacks confidence", what in the fuck?), and most of the rest are either not weaknesses or make no sense. You sound like you're butthurt about an istp or two and assuming that all the traits you don't like about them apply to ISTPs in general. Try harder, or not at all.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

ISTPs have a couple of weaknesses 1) inability to be vulnerable often hampers their relationships 2) low inhibition of immediate desires. They're generally pretty good people though and pretty badass. Personally, I really like the "righteous revenge" ISTPs like that dude in Léon: The Professional. Actually, I was thinking yesterday that some ISTP chicks are pretty fucking hot and totally undervalued
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    STP

Weakness, you better get close to me before you try anything or you will get a stone wall. I am slow to be intimate/bond.

Weakness independent...I have no fear of letting people go. It sucks to do it, but I dont have that fear that causes me to have some attachment syndrome.

Weakness is completely dependent on wants. My strength can be a weakness if it keeps me from certain wants. Its funny how people seem to think weaknesses are some constant trait, when they are completely dependent on want/goal/etc.
    Im out, its been fun

WALMART

I have to be 'high' from a situation to really break out of my cage. I'm kind of a tethered spirit.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I`m too lazy to respond to all this bull.
    P.S
    State some real weaknesses not what you simply don`t like about ISTPs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I think it's a fair enough assessment of things people would potentially dislike about us. I think of it as a Venn Diagram: things that are me, things I see in others and things Riva Ne's out of thin air :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    A bunch of these are not true even as general trends ("lacks confidence", what in the fuck?), and most of the rest are either not weaknesses or make no sense. You sound like you're butthurt about an istp or two and assuming that all the traits you don't like about them apply to ISTPs in general. Try harder, or not at all.
    Fine fine I take it all back. Not all of it but most of it. I guess what I described was an unhealthy version of an ISTP. Then again any type who is unhealthy would exhibit those same traits.

So I take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    Woah that is a lot of weaknesses. You got any good things to say about ISTPs?
    Of course there are good things.

When matures they become quite expressive / Fe - almost as good as an ENFJ - and seductively so - until then they are a bit too mute.
    Seldom worries - I am yet to see an ISTP ever complain. (Maybe E6s do).
    Seldom worries because no matter how bad things get their Ti tells them it can be fixed.
    It can be fixed - any dysfunctional situation - No I am not talking about broken down machines.
    Either extremely hot headed or extremely cool - Probably the latter are So/Sx types.
    Though no Einsteins can quickly grasp anything Einstein or other scientists have said.
    The most rational of the non-rational types - it wouldn't hurt to put them in the NT category.
    Loyal and dependable - even if not the coolest are almost always the most dependable - what is friendship if not dependability and trust?
    Always always always seems to somehow survive / get by / get through - like cockroaches - that was a compliment.
    Tends to know what to do.
    Bold - this is their Thor's Hammer
    Strategic

Hmm.. more to add. I'm adding traits I have noticed in ISTPs I know, not the traits what the descriptions say.
    Last edited by Riva; 11-29-2012 at 08:10 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I dont have any problems with Delayed gratification. No comment on #2..its hit or miss for me.
    Well, I've noticed that when ISTP's develop Ni they get a lot better with delayed gratification. Se is a very action based function and I find that many ISTP's will just take action without thinking of the consequences. However, when ISTP's develop Ni, the Ni almost has the same effect as a laser being shined on a mirror, and the Ni comes back and hits them and makes them say to themselves, "Well that was a crappy idea."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I've also noticed that ISTP's usually suck with jobs that require a lot of emotion care. For instance, I think that most Istp's would make lousy nurses for this reason. Let's face it, ISTP's are thinking doms, and are Fe last. They just aren't emotional people.