User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: ISTP Weaknesses

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    Also, ISTPs. Or maybe just me are useless at organising things. Probably stems from laziness but getting important everyday things done, like paying bills, car tax, changing addresses, getting my hair cut etc etc just don't get done. I am a total disaster in that respect. Thats why it helps when I am with someone efficient who can kick my ass and make me do these things!
    All my bills are Auto pay I make it through life for the most part though. If I dont have a list I dont get shit done, and the kicker is that I dont write lists very often to keep track of everything. I try to make sure whats important gets done and everything else is up in the air on what I want to do. Of course I am usually not in a hurry to get done whats important and usually I do things last minute.

    My ex thought I was gonna come crawling back to her because I would be incapable to run my own life. LMAO...I am happier and less stressed without her then I was with her. She made the comment to me "I made things hard"...yeah, your ass is all anal and an emotional wreck with mental issues, had nothing to do with reaching goals or having dreams and actually having to work or all the crap that goes along with that.
    Im out, its been fun

  2. #22
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    My love for the unsober

  3. #23
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    ISTP's tend to suck with 2 things:

    1. Delayed gratification
    2. They generally suck with communication. For some reason it just seems like words are necessary to the ISTP.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    ISTP's tend to suck with 2 things:

    1. Delayed gratification
    2. They generally suck with communication. For some reason it just seems like words are necessary to the ISTP.
    I dont have any problems with Delayed gratification. No comment on #2..its hit or miss for me.
    Im out, its been fun

  5. #25
    Kraken down on piracy Lux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    @Lux. I work with two other ISTPs. We all work for a ENTJ. Before I knew their types we all had crazy similar viewpoints on things. Including the main point of what you said. I believe I even said something like "who does anything nice for someone unless they want something?" this was all met with nodding heads with the exception of the ENTJ.

    I don't see this as a negative. It generally is proven true with us when dealing with people and we view it as self-evident rather than pessimistic. At least I do.
    Thank you for replying. I was speaking in terms of the ISTP's I know, and they have told me in conversations of their regret for doing this in some instances, not all trust me, they're right on the assholistic nature of many. That sliver of regret means that they feel they lost out on something, which to them in retrospect was a negative.

    I think people are people and often times it is hard to trust their motivates. An innate biological selfishness does exist, however, there are times and people that you can learn from if you don't close yourself off to it. I'm not saying 'you' you, just in general. That is what I saying was a weakness; the close guarding of self is a part of them, the instinctual distrust of another. This can go both ways, protection and missing out on connection or something new. My best friend and I have spoken on him honing his ability/vulnerability and refining it to be more accurate and precise in assessment, rather than a shield that keeps out everything, the good and the bad intent.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

  6. #26
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    What do y'all perceive as weaknesses of the ISTP MBTI type variant?
    Some of their ilk prefer the Star Wars Prequel Sequels to the masterpiece that is Empire.

  7. #27
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Some of their ilk prefer the Star Wars Prequel Sequels to the masterpiece that is Empire.

    I cannot say many would prefer the prequel sequels to Empire.


    It's more of an obligatory experience relative to the greatness of the original trilogy.

  8. #28
    Riva
    Guest

    Default ISTPs when extremely unhealthy -

    ISTPs when extremely unhealthy -

    Expressing themselves
    A bit too independent (I'm too lazy to elaborate this point to indicate the gravity of it).
    Desires external stimulation and socializing but too bored to make it happen.
    Lacks expression capabilities to enjoy when it (what I said above) happens.
    Unable to make the most out of most situations - unlike esps).
    Lacks decisiveness.
    Not so romantic.
    Not as badass as they are rumoured to be.
    Not as suave as they are rumoured to be.
    Hot headed.
    Though not serious are quite defensive.
    Though fun are not very entertaining.
    Not so fun either.
    Lacks confidence in their capabilities.
    Sometimes think too much into what is unrelated (tert Ni),
    Unable to decide what is and what is not important when things get a bit too complicated (Has Ni but it isn't primary or secondary - having Ni is sometimes a pain in the ass probably).
    Though SPs are unable to enjoy the moment too much.
    Though thinks ahead are unable to plan ahead.

    Arnold Schwartzenegger... (The bodybuilder) isn't an ISTP - what does that have to do with the topic? Xstps are supposed to be (even theoretically) the masculine type. Yet the champ of them all isn't one.
    Last edited by Riva; 11-29-2012 at 08:05 AM.

  9. #29
    Senior Member lauranna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Expressing themselves A bit too independent (i'm too lazy to elaborate this point to indicate the gravity of it) Desires external stimulation and socializing but too bored to make it happen. Lacks expression capabilities to enjoy when it (what I said above) happens Unable to make the most out of most situations - contrary to esps). Lacks decisiveness. Not so romantic. Not as badass as they are rumoured to be. Not as suave as they are rumoured to be. Hot headed. Though not serious are quite defensive. Though fun are not very entertaining. Not so fun either. Lacks confidence in their capabilities. Sometimes think too much into what is unrelated (tert Ni), Unable to decide what is and what is not important when things get a bit too complicated (Has Ni but it isn't primary or secondary - having Ni is sometimes a pain in the ass probably). Though sp are unable to enjoy the moment too much. Though thinks ahead are unable to plan ahead. Arnold Schwartzenegger... (The bodybuilder) isn't an istp - what does that have to do with the topic? Xstps are supposed to be (even theoretically) the mascuile type. Yet the champ of them all isn't one.
    Woah that is a lot of weaknesses. You got any good things to say about ISTPs?

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Expressing themselves A bit too independent (i'm too lazy to elaborate this point to indicate the gravity of it) Desires external stimulation and socializing but too bored to make it happen. Lacks expression capabilities to enjoy when it (what I said above) happens Unable to make the most out of most situations - contrary to esps). Lacks decisiveness. Not so romantic. Not as badass as they are rumoured to be. Not as suave as they are rumoured to be. Hot headed. Though not serious are quite defensive. Though fun are not very entertaining. Not so fun either. Lacks confidence in their capabilities. Sometimes think too much into what is unrelated (tert Ni), Unable to decide what is and what is not important when things get a bit too complicated (Has Ni but it isn't primary or secondary - having Ni is sometimes a pain in the ass probably). Though sp are unable to enjoy the moment too much. Though thinks ahead are unable to plan ahead. Arnold Schwartzenegger... (The bodybuilder) isn't an istp - what does that have to do with the topic? Xstps are supposed to be (even theoretically) the mascuile type. Yet the champ of them all isn't one.
    I`m too lazy to respond to all this bull.
    P.S
    State some real weaknesses not what you simply don`t like about ISTPs.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] ISTP Sites
    By sassafrassquatch in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 09:30 AM
  2. [ISTP] ISTPs and Rambling
    By girlnamedbless in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 09:40 AM
  3. [ISTP] ISTPs... I have a question.
    By INTJMom in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 03:19 PM
  4. [ISTP] ISTP description for hiddenpsyche
    By meanlittlechimp in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 02:41 PM
  5. [ISTP] Question for ISTPs on a painful/awkward issue...
    By anii in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO