User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ISTP Weaknesses

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I have no weakness...ok...I saw one..."Expressing emotions" This is hit or miss though, I just have to express them in my own way. Other then that I have no weakness though.

Hubris.

Tonight I realized something about myself. I am typically slow to anger, but certain things send my temper through the fucking roof.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Hubris.

Tonight I realized something about myself. I am typically slow to anger, but certain things send my temper through the fucking roof.
    LOL...my other weakness...lack of actually being serious most of the time. Strength...being a smart ass
    Im out, its been fun

Senior Member EvidenceOfRedemption's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Being too "pointy".

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Hmm. I dated an ISTP once. He really liked drugs. However he would never let anyone teach him how to drive.
    There you go. Not an ISTP.

MBTI
    ISTP

I think it's difficult to express my emotions, and I tend to stop talking to people when I try to figure out what I'm feeling. People often think that I'm sad or irritated when this happens.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    1. Expressing emotions.
    2. Laziness.
    Yes totally agreed. I was just about to put something like this.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Also, ISTPs. Or maybe just me are useless at organising things. Probably stems from laziness but getting important everyday things done, like paying bills, car tax, changing addresses, getting my hair cut etc etc just don't get done. I am a total disaster in that respect. Thats why it helps when I am with someone efficient who can kick my ass and make me do these things!

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    Also, ISTPs. Or maybe just me are useless at organising things. Probably stems from laziness but getting important everyday things done, like paying bills, car tax, changing addresses, getting my hair cut etc etc just don't get done. I am a total disaster in that respect. Thats why it helps when I am with someone efficient who can kick my ass and make me do these things!
    Im not that bad there but if its not important ill wait it out, i can go two weeks without shaving.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Im not that bad there but if its not important ill wait it out, i can go two weeks without shaving.
    Maybe it is just me.
    I think I just don't attach any importance to shitty paperwork even though it clearly is important in life.... hmmmm or maybe my laziness is on its own level of lazy.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    Maybe it is just me.
    I think I just don't attach any importance to shitty paperwork even though it clearly is important in life.... hmmmm or maybe my laziness is on its own level of lazy.

At the very least, you are not alone. I tend to let things slide until they directly interfere with my personal existence, or I have a surplus of energy that I must expend. I can usually find other outlets that feel more 'constructive' though.... which is why they never get done.

I'd chalk up about 25% to laziness, lol.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

@Lux. I work with two other ISTPs. We all work for a ENTJ. Before I knew their types we all had crazy similar viewpoints on things. Including the main point of what you said. I believe I even said something like "who does anything nice for someone unless they want something?" this was all met with nodding heads with the exception of the ENTJ.

I don't see this as a negative. It generally is proven true with us when dealing with people and we view it as self-evident rather than pessimistic. At least I do.

But to answer the OP. I think I may have slight ADHD. Also, I have an insanely hard time making decisions when it comes to how I feel about something or someone. Because it seems to change often and people can lose patience dealing with that. That's been a real problem for me.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance