• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs - losing mojo

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Forming attachments (romantic) does this to me. I don't know why. I'm wondering if other ISTPs or SPs feel that way when in the beginning stages of attraction/courtship? I feel like my concentration is split and things I normally do easily are harder. I'm just more *aware* of my feelings, I guess and that just annoys me. Like, it's taking up valuable space.

If this is familiar how do u handle it? If not, tell me I'm weird.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm. I think I know what you're talking about, but really, I feel less aware of my feelings, and more hyper aware of what I perceive are the feelings of those around me. I've always felt like as a dominant Ti thinking, it's harder for me to spread around my mental reserves. And when I'm using (from my perspective) what is inferior Fe to assure a new attraction of my interest (this has been a learned thing... before I would leave them guessing, unintentionally), it just #@!$i$& confuses me and leaves me so spread thin I don't know what's up and what's down.

As for a solution to the craziness--which I'm also experiencing now--, I have no clue. So far time and space is the only thing that makes me feel like myself again. I realize there's a fine line there, if you're trying to actually encourage the courtship. But at the same time, if you can get enough of that space, it helps you re-calibrate and act more like yourself. And there's no point in encouraging a courtship if you're not acting like yourself.

Then again, that's all just in my experience.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Hormones truly do distort brain chemistry. I hate it. Makes me vulnerable.
Luckily, it never works out so I can go on about my business.

And to answer your final question: You're an ISTP. That makes you weird by default.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=6448]StephMC[/MENTION] I actually like this person. Yes. I would want to encourage things. *hyperventilates* lol. Seriously, I've always not given a crap about how someone views me and now I think Fe is giving me all this info and I sort of care how this person views me. It's making me self-conscious and therefore losing my mojo.

Little back story: this person I guess liked me for a while and I didn't know. I really didn't entertain him. But then he sort of surprised me with who he is and I'm like, "Wow. This person is awesome" and I don't like being taken off guard. I may have been too dismissive with him at first and now the tables may have turned.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I may have been too dismissive with him at first and now the tables may have turned.

In what way? You feel like he may suddenly be dismissing you now, or you're just feeling a little out of your element because you have a thing for him?

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LMAO...my mind is in the gutter to much. thanks, that was awesome :nice: Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did reading about it.

I thought exactly the same thing when I read it.:dry:

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Forming attachments (romantic) does this to me. I don't know why. I'm wondering if other ISTPs or SPs feel that way when in the beginning stages of attraction/courtship? I feel like my concentration is split and things I normally do easily are harder. I'm just more *aware* of my feelings, I guess and that just annoys me. Like, it's taking up valuable space.

If this is familiar how do u handle it? If not, tell me I'm weird.

So I totally get where you are coming from. If I have intense feelings for someone it gets in the way of my general lifestyle and doing stuff. You are right these feelings take up valuable space! And its kind of an unnatural state for us so it makes things difficult! However I don't think that is any reason to stay single forever. I think you need to give this guy a chance because he obviously makes you feel something and as I have discovered, finding someone who can make an ISTP 'feel' is a rare and awesome thing.

I think it is important to hang onto who you are in a relationship. It is easy to lose parts of yourself in a relationship. I have not long come out of a 3 year relationship with someone I really loved and there are things I have learnt since being single again. Things I would do differently. I can see now that I did lose my mojo at times in the relationship. Having ultimate freedom again is making me feel so alive. I think trying to be responsible and grown up within the relationship took away from my SP spirit, and ultimately what attracted her to me in the first place was not so much there any more.

So I think it is good that you are recognising loss of mojo at an early stage... now i'm no expert on advice, but I think you need to hang onto your mojo! Still do the things that make you you. Play it cool and remember what makes you feel alive and hang onto it.

An ISTP losing their mojo is not a good place to be!

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5111]lauranna[/MENTION]

Yes! Exactly. I think it's an sx/sp thing. How much to merge how much to retain freedom? Because the thing that sucks about actually liking someone is I *do* want to merge and that sets up the push/pull dynamic. I'm fighting with myself and that's not natural. That's hurting my normally carefree attitude.
I think I need to be honest about what I want from him. It started as sort of a "yeah I'd f*ck him" thing but when we sat down and conversated I was surprised how similar our views and likes are. I was like, this guy is amazing. I gotta snatch this up. He told me some things that make me feel this is mutual but hes hard to read. Im prolly not better. Supposedly we are going away for this weekend. We'll see if it happens. Oh he took the test with my boss at the shop. He came out ISTx. (50% P 50% J). Said he related more to ISTJ.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION]
I knew we were alike. Sadly I don't have the answers, I just have the same problems! Maybe we need someone older and wiser who can help us. It must be the way sx/sp contradicts the ISTP.

I have felt exactly the same like if i really like someone so much of me wants to merge totally with them and just have our own little world. But i think they have to want it enough to and have enough similar interests for it to work properly.

Yeah see how the weekend goes... Do you see him as more of an SJ or SP? I have never really been attracted to another ISTP but maybe it would work out well. You could have a fucking awesome life!

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION]
I knew we were alike. Sadly I don't have the answers, I just have the same problems! Maybe we need someone older and wiser who can help us. It must be the way sx/sp contradicts the ISTP.

I have felt exactly the same like if i really like someone so much of me wants to merge totally with them and just have our own little world. But i think they have to want it enough to and have enough similar interests for it to work properly.

Yeah see how the weekend goes... Do you see him as more of an SJ or SP? I have never really been attracted to another ISTP but maybe it would work out well. You could have a fucking awesome life!
Yeah. I'm glad someone else understands that sx/sp thing.

How do I see him that's hard. He's down the middle.

I mean. Difference between us is I am much more loose with my goals. Mine are broad. I kind of let life work the details out. He zeros in. He's got a three year plan. I'm much more in my head than he is. More analytical. We share same hobbies and likes. But man, our conversations are pretty amazing. I feel no judgment from him. And I've told him more about my life than both my exes combined. It just feels very natural. We are just different enough to be exciting. Similar enough to work. I think he is more ISTj but not by much.

Won't count my chickens tho. We will see. I'm spilling this all out here but I keep it close to my chest around him. Safety in anonymity.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah. I'm glad someone else understands that sx/sp thing.

How do I see him that's hard. He's down the middle.

I mean. Difference between us is I am much more loose with my goals. Mine are broad. I kind of let life work the details out. He zeros in. He's got a three year plan. I'm much more in my head than he is. More analytical. We share same hobbies and likes. But man, our conversations are pretty amazing. I feel no judgment from him. And I've told him more about my life than both my exes combined. It just feels very natural. We are just different enough to be exciting. Similar enough to work. I think he is more ISTj but not by much.

Won't count my chickens tho. We will see. I'm spilling this all out here but I keep it close to my chest around him. Safety in anonymity.

yeah agreed. Much easier to spill out anything resembling feelings to complete strangers on the internet.
He sounds on the istj side you are right... I guess time will tell.
Good luck with it all. I know how hard it for people like us to find someone who affects us that much. So I hope he turns out to be everything he seems to be now!