• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] I may be about to murder an ESFP. Please help.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So at the moment i am living with and sharing a room with this ESFP.
For a while we werent working dirextly together and she was working late nights and out a lot. So we got on great. I actually loved her. She quickly became one of my favourite people to be around. She is so fun, flirty,playful, happy and interesting. IN SMALL DOSES.
Now we are basically away working togerher, we spend a lot of time on call together, we arent actually working that much which is fine for me, i can waste hours on end waiting quite happily by myself. But the ESFP is going crazy with boredom. We are together almost 24-7 and she literally does not stop talking the whole time or trying to engage me in some kind of activity or game. I cannot cope! I am having to pretend to be asleep to avoid her but she still continues to have a converaation with me even whrn i am asleep.
I have very high tolerance levels but she is driving me crazy and i am getting to the stage where i may actually kill her.
What would you advise?

gromit

likes this
Sounds like she needs friends. To share the social load with you.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
State your boundaries. Tell her you respect her, but that sometimes you just need down time and maybe help her find some new "toys" to play with.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Talk to the woman. Sit her down and explain to her that as much as you love her, you don't have her energy when it comes to being social and you need your alone time. Make it clear this isnt personal, it is just something you need from time to time.

Also, take her for a night on the town and introduce her to some other extraverts you know so they can ramble at each other. Observe from the sidelines while sipping your beer :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
For a while we werent working dirextly together and she was working late nights and out a lot. So we got on great. I actually loved her. She quickly became one of my favourite people to be around. She is so fun, flirty,playful, happy and interesting. IN SMALL DOSES.
Now we are basically away working togerher, we spend a lot of time on call together, we arent actually working that much which is fine for me, i can waste hours on end waiting quite happily by myself. But the ESFP is going crazy with boredom. We are together almost 24-7 and she literally does not stop talking the whole time or trying to engage me in some kind of activity or game. I cannot cope! I am having to pretend to be asleep to avoid her but she still continues to have a converaation with me even whrn i am asleep.
I have very high tolerance levels but she is driving me crazy and i am getting to the stage where i may actually kill her.
What would you advise?

Tell her to video chat with me.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unfortunately we are kind of on call 24/7 for another week so there is no escape! Definitely no beers and we are out of my area so no sociable friends i can set her loose on! I think a chat about quiet time may be in order. i just dont want to upset the happy little soul! It would be like taking a childs fsvourite toy away. But i suppose it is preferable to cold blooded murder.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D

Hon..what does she like to do that *is* available there, so she can take away some of that boredom? For all I care, tell her to go shopping online! Or, get her an ipod, with some seriously delish music that she loves, and tell her to dance her crazy heart out, while you keep an eye on the phones ;)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this is the kind of thing that makes me know that I am not esfp.

I have no advice, sorry. I don't know how to cope with people who talk too much either.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ive bought her a skipping rope, a hula hoop, a lot of balloons. She seems not very good at solo activities. She seems to very much need social interaction. She does spend a lot of time on the phone with friends. Every time her phone rings i breathe a sigh of relief! She keeps wittering on about wanting to play tennis so maybe ill buy some racquets and play against her... That shouls keep her quiet for a couple of hours!
[MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] were you ever in doubt that you might be an esfp?!

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ugh... I've been through something similar with my ESTP best friend was living with me for a short time. She got kind of offended we didn't hang out every moment we were both home. :doh: So yeah, sorry I don't have any real advice to offer, but I'd love to hear more from others

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Skype? Chatroulette? Tinychat?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Unfortunately we are kind of on call 24/7 for another week so there is no escape! Definitely no beers and we are out of my area so no sociable friends i can set her loose on! I think a chat about quiet time may be in order. i just dont want to upset the happy little soul! It would be like taking a childs fsvourite toy away. But i suppose it is preferable to cold blooded murder.

I think you would upset her more if you tried to kill her than speak with her. :laugh:

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] no i definitely dont see esfp in you. Maybe a bit of isfp but mostly i just see isfj. What do you think you are?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would suggest you try to out-talk/play her but my sister is an ESFP...I've never been able to out-do her and I tried really hard! :(

Hold tight and good luck!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you would upset her more if you tried to kill her than speak with her. :laugh:
[MENTION=5111]lauranna[/MENTION]

Just kill her. Be quick and get it over with.

:D

(I think I'm iSFj)

R

Riva

What ever you do don't by her a puppy.

lauranna has only 558 posts? :shock:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What would you advise?

Get a vent account, put her on it.

Buy earpluggs and put your phone on vibrate...heavenly!

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is this vent? I feel like it is something all the cool kids are into and im missing out!

As for why i only have five hundred whatever posts? God knows. I would imagine i would have more.