User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Default I may be about to murder an ESFP. Please help.

So at the moment i am living with and sharing a room with this ESFP.
    For a while we werent working dirextly together and she was working late nights and out a lot. So we got on great. I actually loved her. She quickly became one of my favourite people to be around. She is so fun, flirty,playful, happy and interesting. IN SMALL DOSES.
    Now we are basically away working togerher, we spend a lot of time on call together, we arent actually working that much which is fine for me, i can waste hours on end waiting quite happily by myself. But the ESFP is going crazy with boredom. We are together almost 24-7 and she literally does not stop talking the whole time or trying to engage me in some kind of activity or game. I cannot cope! I am having to pretend to be asleep to avoid her but she still continues to have a converaation with me even whrn i am asleep.
    I have very high tolerance levels but she is driving me crazy and i am getting to the stage where i may actually kill her.
    What would you advise?

Sounds like she needs friends. To share the social load with you.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

State your boundaries. Tell her you respect her, but that sometimes you just need down time and maybe help her find some new "toys" to play with.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Talk to the woman. Sit her down and explain to her that as much as you love her, you don't have her energy when it comes to being social and you need your alone time. Make it clear this isnt personal, it is just something you need from time to time.

Also, take her for a night on the town and introduce her to some other extraverts you know so they can ramble at each other. Observe from the sidelines while sipping your beer
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    So at the moment i am living with and sharing a room with this ESFP.
    For a while we werent working dirextly together and she was working late nights and out a lot. So we got on great. I actually loved her. She quickly became one of my favourite people to be around. She is so fun, flirty,playful, happy and interesting. IN SMALL DOSES.
    Now we are basically away working togerher, we spend a lot of time on call together, we arent actually working that much which is fine for me, i can waste hours on end waiting quite happily by myself. But the ESFP is going crazy with boredom. We are together almost 24-7 and she literally does not stop talking the whole time or trying to engage me in some kind of activity or game. I cannot cope! I am having to pretend to be asleep to avoid her but she still continues to have a converaation with me even whrn i am asleep.
    I have very high tolerance levels but she is driving me crazy and i am getting to the stage where i may actually kill her.
    What would you advise?
    Tell her to video chat with me.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Be swift and discrete.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Unfortunately we are kind of on call 24/7 for another week so there is no escape! Definitely no beers and we are out of my area so no sociable friends i can set her loose on! I think a chat about quiet time may be in order. i just dont want to upset the happy little soul! It would be like taking a childs fsvourite toy away. But i suppose it is preferable to cold blooded murder.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Hon..what does she like to do that *is* available there, so she can take away some of that boredom? For all I care, tell her to go shopping online! Or, get her an ipod, with some seriously delish music that she loves, and tell her to dance her crazy heart out, while you keep an eye on the phones
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

this is the kind of thing that makes me know that I am not esfp.

I have no advice, sorry. I don't know how to cope with people who talk too much either.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Ive bought her a skipping rope, a hula hoop, a lot of balloons. She seems not very good at solo activities. She seems to very much need social interaction. She does spend a lot of time on the phone with friends. Every time her phone rings i breathe a sigh of relief! She keeps wittering on about wanting to play tennis so maybe ill buy some racquets and play against her... That shouls keep her quiet for a couple of hours!

@Giggly were you ever in doubt that you might be an esfp?!