Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    There is some level of randomness or 'out there'-quality to you that I'd probably never feel 100% sure about your type. But ISTP seems like a fair assumption.
    This quote pretty much sums up the main point of this thread. I don't get it. Why the freak would ISTP be such a mysterious and confusing quality? Do we have a lot of self contradictory tendencies or is our behavior and thought processing just to advanced for others to logically follow?

MBTI
    INFP

For what it's worth I've always thought ISTPs have the strengths of all types and the weaknesses of none. Damn them.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    For what it's worth I've always thought ISTPs have the strengths of all types and the weaknesses of none. Damn them.
    I find ISTPs live on the brink of the N and S world, at least for me. In the N world I'm only interested in theory that is useful to me when I get into S mode. In the S world I can gather enough facts and data to get the job done with precision and timing only to retreat back into the N world where I'm constantly gathering more information (Ti Ni maybe?). I think we still need to work on giving hugs and all that good stuff though.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I find ISTPs live on the brink of the N and S world, at least for me. In the N world I'm only interested in theory that is useful to me when I get into S mode. In the S world I can gather enough facts and data to get the job done with precision and timing only to retreat back into the N world where I'm constantly gathering more information (Ti Ni maybe?). I think we still need to work on giving hugs and all that good stuff though.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    STP

I was just told "you are a man with few words"by an ENFP i have known since i was 17. I think this is a huge source of my mysteriousness.
    Im out, its been fun

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    This quote pretty much sums up the main point of this thread. I don't get it. Why the freak would ISTP be such a mysterious and confusing quality? Do we have a lot of self contradictory tendencies or is our behavior and thought processing just to advanced for others to logically follow?

Look at the list of ISTP characers in fiction:

Solid Snake
    The Man with No Name
    Roland Deschain
    Link
    Wolverine
    Sam Fischer
    Jason Bourne
    Jack Bauer
    James Bond (maybe ESTP, though I feel it is a front for his operations)
    Butch Coolidge
    Han Solo
    Boba Fett
    Whoever Bruce Lee is playing
    Etc.

All characters that say little, do much. Ti persuades them to analyze systems, which is fuelled by Se, the ability to accurately accumulate information from sensory perceptions. Throw in tertiary Ni to develop some independent truths and a near disregard for those in their environment and you're guaranteed an oddly capable being of existence that is likely to gain real-world and on-screen interest.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    As an ISTP I always feel like I'm at war with myself. It's as if someone took the personality of a jock and a nerd and tried to smush them together. The results being I'm never truly a nerd or a jock and those two sides are always in conflict. Not to mention the other thousand quirks we have makes me think being an ISTP is the hardest personality type to "use".
    We're a paradoxical breed, what can I say?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Look at the list of ISTP characers in fiction:

Solid Snake
    The Man with No Name
    Roland Deschain
    Link
    Wolverine
    Sam Fischer
    Jason Bourne
    Jack Bauer
    James Bond (maybe ESTP, though I feel it is a front for his operations)
    Butch Coolidge
    Han Solo
    Boba Fett
    Whoever Bruce Lee is playing
    Etc.

All characters that say little, do much. Ti persuades them to analyze systems, which is fuelled by Se, the ability to accurately accumulate information from sensory perceptions. Throw in tertiary Ni to develop some independent truths and a near disregard for those in their environment and you're guaranteed an oddly capable being of existence that is likely to gain real-world and on-screen interest.
    Han solo reminds me of an ESTp, James bond has so many characters it really depends which one you are talking about Daniel Creig is stereotypically an ISTp. Sam fisher is an IXTJ I always thought he was more INTJ.

WALMART

Han solo reminds me of an ESTp, James bond has so many characters it really depends which one you are talking about Daniel Creig is stereotypically an ISTp. Sam fisher is an IXTJ I always thought he was more INTJ.

They can have Sam Fisher :P

Han Solo... I don't know, I don't claim to be a type expert, but out of six sites I've been to not one person has typed him anything other than ISTP. I shall keep him.

MBTI
    STP

ISTPs are badasses, we are not always the serious type.

Sam fischer is no where near an INTJ. Something about his physical expertise, but then again maybe its just because I am a badass playing that game and projecting my abilities on to him. My fingers got SKILLLZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
    Im out, its been fun