First 1234 Last

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No. Most stubborn, yes. But not most mysterious.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Not the most stubborn. Trust me.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Not the most stubborn. Trust me.
    Sorry, I can't trust you on that. I have too much experience in this area.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    As an ISTP I always feel like I'm at war with myself. It's as if someone took the personality of a jock and a nerd and tried to smush them together. The results being I'm never truly a nerd or a jock and those two sides are always in conflict. Not to mention the other thousand quirks we have makes me think being an ISTP is the hardest personality type to "use".
    I can really relate to the jock and nerd smushed together part. In high school I was crazy about basketball but I also took pascal programming.

Today I'm more nerdy than jock since I chose computers for a living. I wouldn't say the sides are in conflict though. It's more like they take turns balancing out in periods. I have weeks where I can be completely focused on sports and working out, then switch completely and become heavily introverted and be stuck in front of my computer learning new tech stuff/programming for extensive times.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I am the bullet, you are the bullseye. When I hit, there's nothing left"

http://crafter79.mypersonality.info

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The introverted and thinking is the nerd part and the sensing and perceiving is the jock part.

istp seem pretty straight forward.

MBTI
    STP

I had similiar issues in regard to nerd and stuff growing up. I enjoyed working on cars, I was a computer nerd, was really quiet and shy, in martial arts. The computer nerds I can chat with arent usually the physical side. I am a computer programmer, but give me a couple pallets of sod and a yard and I would jump at the physical challenge of laying all that sod. Seeing how quick I could do it, how high I can pile up the wheel barrow, and when I am done, it looks good and not like a rushed job.

Most people dont get me because they superimpose the "average" man on me. I am not average though, I am different so I tend to confuse people though they usually dont realize they are confused.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lith View Post
    Agree with you both. The chasm between Ti and Se is always there for me too. Sometimes they work well together but most of the time it's like having two separate personalities. The introspective, painfully serious one is determined to resolve (through laborious analysis) all the nagging doubts that I have piled up in every corner of my mind, on every facet of existence. Then the other one comes along and says, fuck that, I'm bored! Let's run amok viking-style! OMG that dog has a puffy tail!
    Sometimes you gotta give in to Se and experience it. If Ti isn't giving you results, say F it and get your hands dirty. Sometimes, it will bring you back to an aha moment and settle that over active Ti.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I had similiar issues in regard to nerd and stuff growing up. I enjoyed working on cars, I was a computer nerd, was really quiet and shy, in martial arts. The computer nerds I can chat with arent usually the physical side. I am a computer programmer, but give me a couple pallets of sod and a yard and I would jump at the physical challenge of laying all that sod. Seeing how quick I could do it, how high I can pile up the wheel barrow, and when I am done, it looks good and not like a rushed job.

Most people dont get me because they superimpose the "average" man on me. I am not average though, I am different so I tend to confuse people though they usually dont realize they are confused.
    I see myself as a nerd too, but when I put things in perspective, and observe the obliviousness of bonafide nerds (and their reactions to me as well), I question that. Just slightly more practical "navigation skills", I think. I'm still disconnected from people in my own way (really just as much, I think).. but somehow socially aware and not standing out in any kind of eccentric way. I had some nerdy friends growing up too, but by my teens, I "branched out" just a little, even if I was a closet freak. And I cared enough to know when or who to ever fly that freak flag with too. That's something real nerds don't do.

edit: One thing in Lenore Thomson's book (and I think elsewhere) is the ISP proclivity to both be aware and question all of the trends and constructs and around them. There's a cynicism with Ti in particular described in her book, but at the same time, Se rebellion is much different than Ne rebellion. I don't even think Ne introverts know just how odd they really can be sometimes (which is cool too.. I envy that. Sounds liberating. I don't think I'm truly "out of the box". I just hate the box).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

My ISTP brother is very much like that too. He's a weightlifting, mountain biking, girl-magnet science nerd. I'm pretty sure he's a 9w8, too, which adds to his "split" personality. He's sweet and social, adventurous and physical, and observant and logical. And he's a bit of a prep, to round it out.

I really think he's got a very balanced personality in general - very healthy. He's generally enjoyable to be around and he seems pretty content overall as long as he keeps moving. Too much of one thing seems to bog him down.