• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Irreligious isfp's

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
are there any? if yes, then how you explain the voice in your head telling you how things ought to be? =|

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not religious...I am moral. To further that, I've seen plenty of religious people that seem to lack morals. I don't really have a voice in my head saying what is right or wrong... it's more of just a feeling. If someone did X to me, how would I feel? Not good? Don't do it. I'm a pretty simple person. :shrug:

gromit

likes this
My understanding is this voice is Fi (to use MBTI). But I think it's a combination of what people have been taught and personal conscience.

I used to be religious when I was younger, and I would still say I am Christian and want to act like a Christian toward other people, support causes of justice etc. But I guess I never felt like I fit in at my church, I disagreed with quite a bit of what people would say, and saw a lot of hurt and sadness caused by people not really being kind and expecting others to see and believe like they do. So now I guess it is just my own quiet thing.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My understanding is this voice is Fi (to use MBTI). But I think it's a combination of what people have been taught and personal conscience.

I used to be religious when I was younger, and I would still say I am Christian and want to act like a Christian toward other people, support causes of justice etc. But I guess I never felt like I fit in at my church, I disagreed with quite a bit of what people would say, and saw a lot of hurt and sadness caused by people not really being kind and expecting others to see and believe like they do. So now I guess it is just my own quiet thing.
"My understanding is this voice is Fi"
i would disagree with this slightly, and say: its combination of all functions, Ni being the origin of said knowledge, Te being the translation of that knowledge into practice by controlling your Fi(by changing your thought world) which then leads into Se, and thus affecting the way you act. does this make sense? =|

like, say you receive new core essence of reality from Ni which then you yourself make into your morals after thinking it through. to put it more simply.

well thats my theory of how it works for isfp's, am i right? =|

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of all of the temperaments to me it seems like SPs would be the very least obsessed with religion in general.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
"My understanding is this voice is Fi"
i would disagree with this slightly, and say: its combination of all functions, Ni being the origin of said knowledge, Te being the translation of that knowledge into practice by controlling your Fi(by changing your thought world) which then leads into Se, and thus affecting the way you act. does this make sense? =|

like, say you receive new core essence of reality from Ni which then you yourself make into your morals after thinking it through. to put it more simply.

well thats my theory of how it works for isfp's, am i right? =|

No.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
are there any? if yes, then how you explain the voice in your head telling you how things ought to be? =|

How do you define "irreligious?"

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you define "irreligious?"

being out of touch with your intuition, as use of intuition requires belief which justifies intuition due its unknowable quality.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of all of the temperaments to me it seems like SPs would be the very least obsessed with religion in general.

Probably but I think Fi doms of all SPs would have the greatest likelihood for interest in it.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
being out of touch with your intuition, as use of intuition requires belief which justifies intuition due its unknowable quality.

That's an odd sentence fragment, but I don't believe I use intuition much at all, so I would likely meet your definition, for whatever that's worth.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I have an atheist isfp ex who I know quite well. It doesn't seem strange to me at all.

Your question here is implying that atheists can't be moral, which is objectively not true. The "voice in your head" is just a product of your own personality, reasoning, upbringing, etc. You can believe that it's wrong to kill people without thinking that god will burn you in hell if you kill someone.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have an atheist isfp ex who I know quite well. It doesn't seem strange to me at all.

Your question here is implying that atheists can't be moral, which is objectively not true. The "voice in your head" is just a product of your own personality, reasoning, upbringing, etc. You can believe that it's wrong to kill people without thinking that god will burn you in hell if you kill someone.

Well, according to the definition of irreligious Vilku gave me earlier, atheism doesn't have anything to do with it.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, according to the definition of irreligious Vilku gave me earlier, atheism doesn't have anything to do with it.

Ah I missed that, I assumed he was talking about the actual definition. :mellow:

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

people with Ni seek direction, and if sensor, as like for all SP's, they seek a higher purpose from intutors with Ni. Whether religion or belief in general survival.

Or alternatively, in lack of intuitors, sensors seem to find higher purpose from.. Alcohol, or smoking. Material obsessing and so forth.

Sounds appealing to try go on without intuitors? =]

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

gromit

likes this
people with Ni seek direction, and if sensor, as like for all SP's, they seek a higher purpose from intutors with Ni. Whether religion or belief in general survival.

Or alternatively, in lack of intuitors, sensors seem to find higher purpose from.. Alcohol, or smoking. Material obsessing and so forth.

Oh yes thank God for intuitors. :worthy:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Whenever I come across posts like this I always wonder the age of the person posting.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whenever I come across posts like this I always wonder the age of the person posting.

you remind me what other reasons than lack of motivation i have for avoiding sensors.

But yes ive noticed the phenomena of sensors actually becoming aa- bit less stupid when their hair turns gray.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you remind me what other reasons than lack of motivation i have for avoiding sensors.

But yes ive noticed the phenomena of sensors actually becoming aa- bit less stupid when their hair turns gray.

I'm guessing teenager. Don't get your panties in a bunch tho. I said that for a reason. If you are a teen then your posts would be viewed in proper context and be given leeway with responses.