• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] what are the needs of ESTP in a relationship?

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Anything criminally fun. No really, I'd like to know as well.

jewelluckystar05

MBTI Type
ESTP
Someone they can let their guard down around a little and let their more serious/touchy feely side out around now and then without having a joke constantly poked at it even though they find humor in jokes about themselves if they're irony based, lol. And of course someone that likes to have fun and shake things up by taking on new challenges once in a while to keep life from getting too easygoing and simple since ESTPs are accustomed to having at least some dysfunction go on now and then so when things are too normal for too long it, its mildly disturbing to them, depending on what their life is typically like.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thrill, intensity, mutual comprehension, warmth. And sex, of course.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This. And based on what I know of the ESTPs close to me, a person that challenges them. My ESTP best friend needs someone she can be real with and keeps her on her toes. It's that person that challenges them (in whatever way... this could mean a lot of things) that they feel the real chemistry with. And for them, chemistry rules. If they feel chemistry with you, they'll hunt you down like a gazelle. And that attachment they feel for the other person after that can be pretty disarming.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This. And based on what I know of the ESTPs close to me, a person that challenges them. My ESTP best friend needs someone she can be real with and keeps her on her toes. It's that person that challenges them (in whatever way... this could mean a lot of things)
that they feel the real chemistry with. And for them, chemistry rules.

Being challenged is indeed, a very good point. I think it's part of the "thrill" aspect. I like when I happen to think "what a woman!" and feels like I can be in competion to beat her on her own game. Ant that challenge is a part of the chemistry.

If they feel chemistry with you, they'll hunt you down like a gazelle. And that attachment they feel for the other person after that can be pretty disarming.

It's very true. :yes:

I think Amy Winehouse's songs are very good to understand what ESTP seek in a relationship. (usually less neurotic though)

DoggyGirl

MBTI Type
ISFP
My ESTP best friend needs someone she can be real with

you mean someone who does not judge the ESTP and let her/him speak her mind.

i thought ESTP are straight shooters who tell the truth. aren't they already real then?

nr1983

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
I like the challenge aspect of a relationship. Someone who can give as good as they get, because unfortunately I tend to cut deeper than I mean in arguments and my jokes can be accidentally hurtful.
I also like the warmth of a relationship, sofa time, movies whatever, but need my own space. Its recognising that I am starting to get stressed out by spending too much time with someone and cutting lose for a day or two before any damage comes of it.

If you are a "needy" person then you will struggle somewhat in my view. I am slowly becoming aware of myself but that only gets you so far!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
In the case of my 13-year-old ESTP son, his needs are to be able to do anything he wants at all times, and be in complete control of everything. Needless to say, his "needs" are not always met. :newwink:

So, you have sex with everyone you have a relationship with?