• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Barack Obama - ISTP.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If Obama was an ISTP, what would his favorite pizza topping be?

Why? Because he doesn't help his brother in a hut in third world poverty?

I prefer to evaluate type based on people's behavior and motivations for said behavior and verbalized reasoning, not by some disconnected factoid that someone tosses out on an Internet forum that hasn't yet been even vetted or contextualized.

Besides, where family is concerned, things are often weird regardless of type because of individual family dynamics.

Hmmm... I'm not really sure if this even makes sense, but one could think an "N" may be focused on dedicating his power and resources to the "world" rather than just one person. That's what his brother said in an interview- "he's helping me because he's helping the world." Maybe not though, NF might *sterotypically* help specific people in Africa.

However, not sure if he donates his personal funds to anything. I'm sure it would be mentioned somewhere unless he's a real saint.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Most people just don't understand ENTPs..

Everything about Obama barks ENTP. Those speeches he gave during 2008 were what I was doing all my life standard. The moments of introversion is very much what happens when I am in extended periods socializing and need to catch up with my thoughts.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is such a Ti-Se humor.

obama humor.jpg

Can you imagine a Fe dom doing this IN PUBLIC? In front of the press. Acting on an immediate opportunity in front of them.

Ofc if you think this is a clever PR setup and Obama lives an 18-hour fake life all the time ...
Think about this - we found out about Watergate and Clinton's essence on that dress. Perhaps it's impossible to have an 18-hour fake personality.

The most inspirational president since Kennedy is an ISTP! :nice:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Obama is an ISFJ, in my opinion

His preference in everything is to keep existing institutions stable, preferably by smoothing things over with the disputing parties. He was capable enough with detail to make it as editor of the Harvard Law Journal, but gravitated toward community organizing and politics after graduation. He has a fundamentally conservative outlook on the world, in the sense that things need to be maintained so that the next generation can have the same opportunity he did. He trusts in established elites to do the right thing, even though they might be part of the problem. His pragmatism is of the kind that doesn't try to shoot for the moon, but sticks with what is known to be doable.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is such a Ti-Se humor.

View attachment 7850

Can you imagine a Fe dom doing this IN PUBLIC? In front of the press. Acting on an immediate opportunity in front of them.

Ofc if you think this is a clever PR setup and Obama lives an 18-hour fake life all the time ...
Think about this - we found out about Watergate and Clinton's essence on that dress. Perhaps it's impossible to have an 18-hour fake personality.

The most inspirational president since Kennedy is an ISTP! :nice:

Yes, obviously no one else is capable of putting their foot on a scale. Well, I'm convinced! ;)

And how is he inspirational?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Couldn't quite place Barack even though I'd heard all the arguments for NT, ENTJ (that never quite sat right with me), ENTP, etc.

That's pretty much me, and I've been on the Obama bandwagon for 5-6 years now.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If Barrack Obama is ISTP then I am ENTP.

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
He is a well developed INTP, he is just fooling you and his wife an INTJ is masterminding this. I'm an INTP and was awarded on the best speaker for the military briefing on finance, because I know what I'm talking about and once an INTP is comfortable in knowing what they are talking about, they can debate and once their FE is developed they can easily convey their emotions a lot better. He is fooling you with his public image.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
His image seems enfj to me... But him... Im not sure.. Maybe entp?? Idk I don't think I'll find any interviews that won't be tainted with "image"

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
His image seems enfj to me... But him... Im not sure.. Maybe entp?? Idk I don't think I'll find any interviews that won't be tainted with "image"

Yeah, I actually met him once and there was a cold distance and he was definitely an introverted thinker, there was this aloof presence about him when all the cameras were off. It was during a military event. Also, when he shook my hand and others he was trying to hurry up and leave, President Bush on the other was more extroverted and took the time to shake people's hands properly. Just a little something that I have experienced of him and Bush was more bold while President Obama was more calculating in my opinion. So I really think he is an intp, but a really developed one that was pushed to be one. That's why people who were actually "close" to him see a goofy and funny man. If you saw me in front of my family and than around people I just "know" you would see a totally different person. Also, I can talk in front of people, I do not have the fear of talking to others, but I prefer not too, unless it's important or geeky stuff :D . So that's what I think, the media and himself will show a different one. You'll probably get a better answer once he is not in office no longer. Michelle Obama also seems to be an INTJ and INTJ's can be traditional if they see a logical reason to be so. I talk to different INTJ and they do like order as long as its in reason.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's interesting to hear Beebe's opinion, but I don't really see much evidence for the functions as far as he's explained his thoughts. I don't see why Obama is more Se than Fe, for example.

From what I've read and seen of Obama, he strikes me as an ENFJ too - ENFJ 3w4. I have a good friend who is an ENFJ 3w4, and she generally comes off as an introvert, actually - she needs a lot of downtime and is very reflective. It's just his overall style that makes me think NF, and especially his Reddit posts seem heavily Fe. The interesting thing about ENFJ is it would entail SeTi, in particular tertiary Se. I do think Obama is a solid N - that's the one letter I'm most confident in my opinion of. He's so big-picture-oriented.

Just my personal opinion, I'm not making any claims of being more qualified than Beebe or anything besides sharing my impression.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a hard time believing ISTPs would get into politics as a career. Not saying its impossible but it sort of is about artifice. That's Kryptonite to most ISTPs.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a hard time believing ISTPs would get into politics as a career. Not saying its impossible but it sort of is about artifice. That's Kryptonite to most ISTPs.

Yeeees. +1.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems totally un istp to me too.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

:nice: Damn skippy!!!!!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
^
v

there is now a contradiction in the space time contuuim
i see no problem here.
i disagree with everyone all the time.

and i'm always correct.

but if they did, there's no better type to be able to pick the system apart well enough to elevate themselves to presidency.

Seems totally un istp to me too.

naturally, what we see in the media is a fabrication.
the media works very hard to fluff him up into a perfect socialite.