• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Barack Obama - ISTP.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
iNtuitive people feel threatened because Obama was typed an SP by the most prominent NT Jungian analyst alive :dry:

LOL

Don't take him away!! I don't relate to the FeNiSeTi setup or any recombination of it whatsoever but he is an N like me!!!:huh: He is so Ni and that's like my personal seventh function so we have so much in common!!

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
I wouldn't mind letting Obama go to the other camp.

I am not very happy recognizing him as an NT.

Compare him to Romney tho is like an angel.. Ahhh, hate that guy.

wolfy

awsm
U mean you dont have to find who you believe is the expert and stand staunchly behind them. We can actually think things through for ourself and use bits and pieces from all of them to create a greater knowledge base.

Yeah, I think each person is going to have their own understanding and workable model. You know the old saying, the map is not the territory. The map is going to differ more from person to person if they are trying to create an understandable and usable model of personality.

I don't have anything really against appealing to authority in an argument/debate if the authorities opinion works with yours. It can work and you can sometimes pull the rug out from under the other guy.

But my main point was that everyone has their own map, and there isn't really any territory to agree on.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I think each person is going to have their own understanding and workable model. You know the old saying, the map is not the territory. The map is going to differ more from person to person if they are trying to create an understandable and usable model of personality.

I don't have anything really against appealing to authority in an argument/debate if the authorities opinion works with yours. It can work and you can sometimes pull the rug out from under the other guy.

But my main point was that everyone has their own map, and there isn't really any territory to agree on.

:nice:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He doesn't seem all that Se to me. I get tertiary or inferior Fe from him and Ni and Si.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
Obama's brother lives in a hut in third world poverty. Why doesn't Obama help his brother? Because he's ISTP? :(

xisnotx

Permabanned
Honestly, I'll go with estp.
Dominant Se, with a healthy amount of Ti backing it up.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Obama's brother lives in a hut in third world poverty. Why doesn't Obama help his brother? Because he's ISTP? :(

Stuff like this is why I know he's not an FJ, although he is charming.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yeah, ENFJ would force him out of the poverty stricken third world whether his brother actually wanted to or not. The Obama would blame his brother for Obamas actions of trying to change things when it finally blows up.

ISTP would let the brother do whatever he wanted and would also base helping his brother on past experience of who his brother is. It is Fe/Te who automatically assume he even wants to be helped. His brother may be prefectly happy with his life.

...tired of ENFJs right now.

Obama has to much drama from his followers and haters so I dont even follow him or anything that has to do with him. I have no desire to fill my life with the drama that is politics.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's clear he isn't ISTP since he talks a lot. And by "a lot" I mean more than 2 words per 10 hours of breathing time.

Hahahaha

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think he's an introvert because of his generally self-contained demeanor, in both scripted and unscripted situations.

I think NT because of this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/young-barack-obamas-genuinely-hilarious-self-paro

But I can't decide whether the self-parody is Ni or Ti... so for now, I think INTx.

I have no idea where the ISTP idea came from -- and to me, the idea that he's an NF is pretty literal from his scripts and his allusions to MLK jr (who was an ENFJ, right?), and not at all based on his demeanor.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
It's clear he isn't ISTP since he talks a lot. And by "a lot" I mean more than 2 words per 10 hours of breathing time.

And we could power an entire city with the wind that comes out of his mouth.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Crystal balls, avatars, usernames, and Aunt Ethel are the gold standards for typing people. Oh, and their shoes are crucial.

If Obama was an ISTP, what would his favorite pizza topping be?

Why? Because he doesn't help his brother in a hut in third world poverty?

I prefer to evaluate type based on people's behavior and motivations for said behavior and verbalized reasoning, not by some disconnected factoid that someone tosses out on an Internet forum that hasn't yet been even vetted or contextualized.

Besides, where family is concerned, things are often weird regardless of type because of individual family dynamics.

iNtuitive people feel threatened because Obama was typed an SP by the most prominent NT Jungian analyst alive :dry:
LOL

Cute reasoning.

But ... uh... no.

(Either way, i don't much care in that I don't think he's an NT either.)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I prefer to evaluate type based on people's behavior and motivations for said behavior and verbalized reasoning, not by some disconnected factoid that someone tosses out on an Internet forum that hasn't yet been even vetted or contextualized.
:doh: Thank you for reminding me of this. I keep tending towards that "He's this type because he reminds me of my friends who are this type" thought process, which is stupid and unscientific.

Does anyone have thought process related evidence? I'm sure it exists on the interwebs somewhere.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Besides, where family is concerned, things are often weird regardless of type because of individual family dynamics.

But that's what we do all day long here at TypoC, even with family. I can do it too.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All of that is stupid.

Barack Obama: ENTP 3w4 So/Sp.
Carl Jung: INFJ 9w1 Sx/Sp.

End of the story.