• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Barack Obama - ISTP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Comes to show how much credit I put into the fruits of those 15-year "studies" :D

If the topic were speculative, I guess ppl would speculate as to why or why not he might be coming out of Ti-Se-Ni-Fe.

I used to think he were an xNTP because of the Ti and immature Fe, but I didn't see much Ne and thought he was hiding it. ISTP makes more sense than the other options - not a Fe dom or aux,

Do you remember when he ran in 2008?

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you remember when he ran in 2008?

Beebe talks about that.

imo Ni and Fe can make a vision of unity, doesn't have to be Ne.

I guess it's hard for people to accept that Obama is not an N, but an SP :happy2:

Jaguar

I never knew this forum was home to a whole bunch of amazing Jungian analysts, all better than JOHN BEEBE :shock:
The reasoning and his theory (8 function model, we use aux function to help others) is discussed in the article in the OP and other articles on the same site.

Crystal balls, avatars, usernames, and Aunt Ethel are the gold standards for typing people. Oh, and their shoes are crucial.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Having read the whole article, it made me think. Couldn't quite place Barack even though I'd heard all the arguments for NT, ENTJ (that never quite sat right with me), ENTP, etc.

Secondary to that point, his main point about identifying the functions used by societies and people to "help" you is one worth considering, and an approach worth remembering whenever you get stuck.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jung: INFJ

Obama: INTJ, albeit a powerless figurehead, but I guess that goes for anyone who is the president.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why do people believe he's a Thinker? He's one of the least T-like leaders out there. :huh:

IMO he's a ENFJ.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:huh: I've always seen him as enfj and can't buy him as anything else.... what's up with the inferior Fe guesses? I think he reeks Fe.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
iNtuitive people feel threatened because Obama was typed an SP by the most prominent NT Jungian analyst alive :dry:

LOL

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
iNtuitive people feel threatened because Obama was typed an SP by the most prominent NT Jungian analyst alive :dry:

LOL
No, not threatened at all. I know some Ns try to claim everyone but I genuinely don't see how he could be a Sensor. His speeches are highly abstract and concept driven in their nature. He is always attempting to draw many differing threads together; creating a sense of the connectivity and convergence between seemingly disparate people and ideas. He's always delving below the surface in the search for insight and clarity, and then tries to reframe things in a new light.

It's just so Ni. :shrug:

On top of this, his whole idealistic, pied piper, bringer of change and illumination to the masses screams FeNi to me.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I find when people say "he is so not ISTP" probably means he's close to the opposite.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here is what I think about Mr Obama's type and typing people in general. There isn't a single answer to type because it depends on how you interpret the system. Typing of people differs among experts even. The best you can do is devise your own little system that makes sense to you and works for you.

U mean you dont have to find who you believe is the expert and stand staunchly behind them. We can actually think things through for ourself and use bits and pieces from all of them to create a greater knowledge base.

A

Anew Leaf

It's clear he isn't ISTP since he talks a lot. And by "a lot" I mean more than 2 words per 10 hours of breathing time.