Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Yeah but not as much normally, it is a tertiary function, so.
    I don't know how many times I have to say this. Just because someone is a sensor does not mean they are not interested or incapable of philosophy.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I work with an INTP and we are very different. Honestly, our differences are apparent in how we make decisions. I make them fairly quickly provided I feel I have enough info to do so - and that's not so difficult to gather.
    He just can't. If something happens he needs to be correct. Even if it's technically correct but has no value in solving the actual problem. He just doesn't move fast enough for me.

Otherwise, he's a witty guy. But yeah, we are different.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I'd like to hear what ISTPs think of INTPs - pros, cons, experiences, etc.

I think ISTPs combine smart and sexy better than any other type, but they seem to get annoyed with the things I find intellectually stimulating - e.g. Ne-fueled ramblings and theories.
    My experience too. They cut to the chase much faster than I do, and seem annoyed with my rambling.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I work with an INTP and we are very different. Honestly, our differences are apparent in how we make decisions. I make them fairly quickly provided I feel I have enough info to do so - and that's not so difficult to gather.
    He just can't. If something happens he needs to be correct. Even if it's technically correct but has no value in solving the actual problem. He just doesn't move fast enough for me.

Otherwise, he's a witty guy. But yeah, we are different.
    Sounds a lot like me and my boss (almost certainly ISTP), with me being the INTP in that exchange
    I think he even used that as a criticism mark for my review this year, just because he had to put *something* down. I tend to go deep-diving into problems to find the technical roots (getting the big picture from below) rather than look at the simple big picture from above like he usually does. (Then again, he argues that's also an age/maturity thing, as he's seen it play out with other employees in the past)
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

@spirilis this INTP is my boss. Lol. However, I'm usually the one he comes to for help and sometimes I'm the one directing him what to do. (He has the title; I have the experience).
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I like ISTPs more because they know how to have fun and live the life of a radical rebel whereas INTPs know how to think their brains out which of course is very boring for the person doing the thinking though I guess the explosion spectacle could be fun for observors!

edit - I resurrected this thread in responce to something I said about stalking in the Random Thought Thread!

MBTI
    STP

From my personal experience INTPs are a bit strange. We dont mesh together mentally very well, we arent at each others throat and fighting/argueing though. I blame the flip of N/S in our preferences, it equates to a lack of understanding since it a direct flip with other functions in the same positions. I dont notice the S/N difference as much with any other type as I do with an INTP. Its like we have the same judgements, but we see things "completely" differently and have focus on different parts of the equation.

Aside from that I think they are extremely competent, make errors just like everyone else, like to play alot and have fun, and are simply an Ne/Si version of myself.

I think the Ne/Si gets along better mentally with an ISTJ due to the Ne/Si being closer. Its in the same manner as I can easily work with and understand an INTJ better then I can an ISTJ. I dont notice as much of a difference in understanding when it comes to a F type and the N/S split. I guess its the fact that our judgement is different so we arent really trying to reach the same goal which makes the N/S not as large a difference since there are other diffences that come into play as well.
    Im out, its been fun

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The ones I've known IRL tend to be far too awkward for us to get along well. I'm a little bit awkward already so I tend to get along best with people who can smooth that out rather than making it worse. I get along great with ENTPs though.

Small sample size though, etc. I'm sure there are many INTPs out there with great social skills, including many people here who I'd love to meet someday.
    -end of thread-