Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Kinda gatecrashing this thread but am just wondering out of interest, how would the Ni_Ti play out in an INFJ? Why do you think this function combination is a set-up for madness? What does it do? Do we need the other functions to balance it out? (in the case of an INFJ Fe and Se)
    Let's see what these INFJs on my friends list think: @AffirmitiveAnxiety @AphroditeGoneAwry @Ene @greenfairy @Lexicon @Manifold

Do any of you have any thoughts on the NiTi loop thing that you could enlighten Lightyear about?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

A good friend of mine is ANTP (Ambivert-NTP).
    We are frighteningly similar.
    Another very good friend of mine is an ENTP.
    Again, the two of us in the same room is like a cloning project gone haywire.
    From what I can tell, there is a certain resonance among "TP" types that is very consistent.

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Let's see what these INFJs on my friends list think: @AffirmitiveAnxiety @AphroditeGoneAwry @Ene @greenfairy @Lexicon @Manifold

Do any of you have any thoughts on the NiTi loop thing that you could enlighten Lightyear about?
    Um. I guess I use it mostly in interpersonal relationships, especially romantic ones. You know, when you go round and round ad nauseum wondering where something went awry?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

All I know is I've apparently been in one my whole life, since I like Ti types of activities so much and started out Fe retarded. I don't really know about them, actually. After converting to INFJ I kind of got burned out, so I haven't read about it, or much about inferior Se.

Ti as a function can resemble NT-ness.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I think it is more along the lines of which one you're most familiar with using.
    Hmmm...but why? I have plenty of reason to use Si in day to day life, perhaps I use it "more often" then Ne, out of necessity. Also Se, in that I go to the gym 3/4 times a week, I played sport my whole life - so it had a "chance" to develop...but truth is that while I can "survive" at it when I need to, it takes me a massive effort to do so, and then I will need a break. It just feels like a "relief" to get back to Ne/Ti. So it's not lack of "practice".

I should clarify, I believe we use 8 functions, 4 conscious and 4 "shadow", so when I say I use Se, I mean, unconsciously.

In any case, I see how an ISTP could get into a "loop" of being very intellectual and abandon their Se for a time, but I think when called upon they would be able to show great Se. It would be more like a decision to "rest" from using Se for a while, just as I do when I get introvert, tired of the world, and "rest" from using Ne for a while. But I know it's only temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Um. I guess I use it mostly in interpersonal relationships, especially romantic ones. You know, when you go round and round ad nauseum wondering where something went awry?
    You should've used the cuffs

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    You should've used the cuffs
    He was the one with the cuffs.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Okay @Lightyear some folks answered your question and more are probably coming too so stay tuned to the activity of this thread if you so desire.

Enneagram
    9w8

Sorry, to be so slow in answering. I only just now saw the post but would like to take a stab at answering.

Hmmm....I think it's like putting a jigsaw puzzle together. All the pieces are scattered out on the table. Ti examines each piece, noting its shape, size and color while Ni looks at the box to see what the big picture is supposed to look like and instinctiviely knows how placing a certain piece in a certain place is going to contribute to the overall picture.

A personal example would be from my childhood. As a child I went out roaming the woods to gather specimens. I gathered rocks, plants and acquatic wildlife. I had myself a make-shift lab set up in an old slave's wash house behind our main house [I grew up in a delapidated plantation home...kind of cool]. I had made myself shelves in there from boards and cement blocks. On these shelves I lined my specimens and labeled them. I took notes on them. This was Ti at work. However, when I would do experiments on my aquatic life specimens and try to predict the outcome, this was Ni at work. Here's a great example of Ni at work. There is a game called Phase II that is a step beyond Trivial Pursuit. In this game you answer a bunch of seemingly unrelated questions, then based on their answers you must make an inutitive connection to deduct an answer. That game is kind of like how Ti and Ni play out together. Now, Ni can also work in conjunction with Fe to help determine how a particular course of actions or spoken words are going to influence another person.

Oh, here's another example of Ni and Ti at work, ever watch the remake of Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr.? I know it's a simplistic example but the way he keeps imagining different ways a scenario will play out is kind of like how I think Ni works. Of course in real life, it's on a much more realistic level, but that's kind of the jist of it.

Okay, hope this made some sense or at least helped you see it from another angle and that's kind of what INFJ Ti and Ni do, help the user see from different angles.

Also, RW, I do want to reply to your What is Raptor Wizard's Type but I need to watch your videos and read more of your posts to do that. I do intend to get back to you on it though. See? You've gotten me curious