User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Of all of the sensing types ISTP seems to be by far the weirdest. First of all look at that type's functions TiSeNiFe. Hold up, Ti and Ni? Those are the 2 most insane functions in all of MBTI! Anyone with both of those combined will have a setup for total madness. Surely then ISTP could far more easily be confused for an N type than of the other Ss. Also ISTP is the 2nd most logical of all the types behind only INTP! ISTPs as well seem to be very poor socially like lots of INT types are while all of the other SPs are super cool popular people. I could easily be an ISTP too! Lots of people say I am in a TiNi loop! ISTPs are always studying and observing the world, endlessly thinking, observing, gethering information and theorizing about the real nature of the Universe.
    I see where you're coming from. The outward appearance of ISTPs and NT temperaments can be similar, but there are distinguishable differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    I meant the variations are so many AND these functions are experienced by each individual in a subjective way (not proper term, imagine it) that trying to break it down would be like: the whole -> sum of the parts ->analyze parts
    I can't do that cause it feels like missing many points in the step of sum of the parts -> whole.
    You are spot on with that thought. Classifying and counting outward manifestations is a practical compromise to identifying personalities types. However it is only accurate over a very large sample size and is not really a scalable solution. I have an alternate method of identifying types and predicting behaviors. It requires more information and analysis, but i think it works on an individual basis.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Speculating beyond the first two functions just becomes pure guesswork. I don't believe Sensors would ever PREFER to use intuition, or they aren't Sensors in the first place. Thus, I don't really buy this "Ti-Ni loop" stuff. Unless that's just another way of saying debilitating paranoia. But even then, I doubt it's as common as it's made out to be on here.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Speculating beyond the first two functions just becomes pure guesswork. I don't believe Sensors would ever PREFER to use intuition, or they aren't Sensors in the first place. Thus, I don't really buy this "Ti-Ni loop" stuff. Unless that's just another way of saying debilitating paranoia. But even then, I doubt it's as common as it's made out to be on here.
    I havent observed and ISTPs in a long term Ti/Ni loop, but I do know loops like that can happen. Reflecting on my undergrad days, I was totally stuck in an Ti/Si loop, not out of choice, more out of ignorance and social pressure.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by pv255 View Post
    I havent observed and ISTPs in a long term Ti/Ni loop, but I do know loops like that can happen. Reflecting on my undergrad days, I was totally stuck in an Ti/Si loop, not out of choice, more out of ignorance and social pressure.
    What does that actually mean though? What did ignorance and social pressure cause you to do?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

What does that actually mean though? What did ignorance and social pressure cause you to do?
    Here's a good resource for examples of different loops, Jeffster
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't buy the Ti-Ni loop crap either (at least not as a common thing), but I do use Ni fairly often, at least as I understand the term. I use it to connect the dots that Se gives me. Then I can analyze the pattern with Ti. I think sensors can and do use intuition all the time, just as intuitives can and do use sensing. It's just that the Ne/Ni data isn't trusted/relied on as much as Se/Si data.
    -end of thread-

So a Ti/Si loop for me actually looked a lot like Te/Ni or Ni/Te. I was 18 years old and had no idea who I was or anything about thought processes or perception differences. All I knew was everyone around me was going to college, everyone told me to go to college, and I wasnt even aware of other options. I truly believed college, job, corporate ladder, etc. was the definition of success and the goals of all people. I studied like this too, memorize meaningless patterns, never caring to recognize what the numbers of my calculations mean, and lots of things like that. I made good grades and was really judgmental. I dabbled into Ti/Ne thoughts, but every time I expressed those thoughts I was ridiculed. Socially I was real quite... That make sense?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by pv255 View Post
    So a Ti/Si loop for me actually looked a lot like Te/Ni or Ni/Te. I was 18 years old and had no idea who I was or anything about thought processes or perception differences. All I knew was everyone around me was going to college, everyone told me to go to college, and I wasnt even aware of other options. I truly believed college, job, corporate ladder, etc. was the definition of success and the goals of all people. I studied like this too, memorize meaningless patterns, never caring to recognize what the numbers of my calculations mean, and lots of things like that. I made good grades and was really judgmental. I dabbled into Ti/Ne thoughts, but every time I expressed those thoughts I was ridiculed. Socially I was real quite... That make sense?
    It makes sense, but I wouldn't call it any kind of loop. It sounds like just what you said at the beginning about not knowing yourself yet. So, I don't like using function terminology and calling it a loop like it was some sort of trap or debilitating condition, when the only condition you really had was....youth.

It makes sense, but I wouldn't call it any kind of loop. It sounds like just what you said at the beginning about not knowing yourself yet. So, I don't like using function terminology and calling it a loop like it was some sort of trap or debilitating condition, when the only condition you really had was....youth.
    ummm... do all young people experience this? i dont think so. therefore my condition cannot be classified as young.
    it was a loop. i used Ti with data sourced solely from Si. And honestly, I was/am trapped. My environmental pressures disregard Ne based conclusions. I question if I would ever build the confidence level to break free if I wasn't high successful using Ti/Si and highly mobile due to monetary accomplishments.