Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by pv255 View Post
    me: ive been observing the premise of everything you say
    and think i came up with a good comparison
    Sent at 11:10 AM on Tuesday
    me: when you drive a car, the car moves, that is the conclusion, a moving car.
    Sent at 11:13 AM on Tuesday
    me: if someone asked you to identify the premise of the moving car, you innately uses your senses to determine the cause of a moving car.
    Sent at 11:14 AM on Tuesday
    me: Se: the car moves because i put my foot on the gas pedal.
    Sent at 11:16 AM on Tuesday
    me: instinctual Ne answer: the car moves because the engine exerted a torque on the wheel and frictional force between the tires and the road over came the inertia of the car.
    Stephanie: yeah I'd say that's about accurate
    you should post that in the ISTP vs INTP thread.
    me: now, we're both right
    Sent at 11:19 AM on Tuesday
    me: but given specific purpose, one answer can be more right than the other and vice-versa
    Sent at 11:20 AM on Tuesday
    me: answers have a purpose
    if a bear is chasing you and you need to know something... ask the istp
    if you are sitting around, bored, and feel like doing something... ask the intp
    Stephanie: "more appropriate" may be a better phrase than "more right"
    one cannot be more right if both answers are right
    me: same difference
    Stephanie: nnnnnnnnnnno!
    :P
    but yes, I agree
    with the ISTP/INTP difference
    it's good.
    post either here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...like-intp.html
    or here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...p-like-nt.html
    go!
    :P
    I feel so exposed.

I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

me: answers have a purpose
    if a bear is chasing you and you need to know something... ask the istp
    if you are sitting around, bored, and feel like doing something... ask the intp
    How silly.

If you are sitting around, bored, and feel like doing something, and ask an INTP, I bet his answer nine times out of ten (after hemming and hawing) will be, "Uh... gee, I dunno... what do YOU want to do?"

The ISTP will meanwhile say, "Hell, let's go bungee off a bridge [or something other active answer]".

I'd just ask the INTP for esoteric information if you want to understand how something works... or how it might work when the answer isn't obvious... i.e., the principles, or how the principles might apply in various circumstances.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think ISTPs are raw Ti without being bogged down by resonances of what might be like INTPs -- they see what is and state it, as-is. INTPs tend to conjecture more.
    Ever met an ISTP in a Ti-Ni loop :P

The results are things like Illuminati and New World Order ... Now that's conjecture :P

Oh .. and that Woody Harrelson character from 2012 fits the bill for a classic Ti-Ni loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

The results are things like Illuminati and New World Order ... Now that's conjecture :P

Oh .. and that Woody Harrelson character from 2012 fits the bill for a classic Ti-Ni loop.
    A perma-banned member called RedScorpion was an ISTP in a Ti-Ni loop. Freaky like nothing else.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Well, to me that's a different issue / exception issue.

I'm describing the difference between normal ISTP and INTP processing, in terms of how the Ti function manifests.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Well, to me that's a different issue / exception issue.

I'm describing the difference between normal ISTP and INTP processing, in terms of how the Ti function manifests.
    Oh and you were right. I should've pointed out that Ti with Ne is more positive in the connections and conjecture drawn .. whereas an ISTP will almost always struggle with their iNtuition because of it being in the tertiary position - coming up with relatively negative scenarios and explanations.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

normal ISTP and INTP processing, in terms of how the Ti function manifests.
    BS. If "normal" is "standard" or "average" then it's useless cause then who says what's "normal" but your own subjective experience with it or some made up stat data that some intern pulled out of her/his ass.

Plus, functions are not set in stone, they slush around and re-intertwine with each other in the person constantly.

Plus all functions are ever present and unconscious ones surface from time to time.

It's not impossible for all this to lead to what u call "ISTP" to resemble at a given time what you call "INTP" or "ISFJ" or what-not.

I can't believe I have to correct an INTP on accuracy (JK!)

This MBTI sux so much, trust an INFP (Mayers) to screw up an ISTP's (Jung) theory with that crude Te. I wish we had more serious socionics (ENTP) representation in the west.

How silly.

If you are sitting around, bored, and feel like doing something, and ask an INTP, I bet his answer nine times out of ten (after hemming and hawing) will be, "Uh... gee, I dunno... what do YOU want to do?"

The ISTP will meanwhile say, "Hell, let's go bungee off a bridge [or something other active answer]".

I'd just ask the INTP for esoteric information if you want to understand how something works... or how it might work when the answer isn't obvious... i.e., the principles, or how the principles might apply in various circumstances.
    i joke. my point was about urgency.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    BS. If "normal" is "standard" or "average" then it's useless cause then who says what's "normal" but your own subjective experience with it or some made up stat data that some intern pulled out of her/his ass.

Plus, functions are not set in stone, they slush around and re-intertwine with each other in the person constantly.

Plus all functions are ever present and unconscious ones surface from time to time.

It's not impossible for all this to lead to what u call "ISTP" to resemble at a given time what you call "INTP" or "ISFJ" or what-not.

I can't believe I have to correct an INTP on accuracy (JK!)
    I can't believe i need to point out that you're missing the forest for the trees.

... or maybe I do believe it.

Seriously, though, why bother discussing typology at all, if we take things to your extreme? All the things you mention are caveats, which have to be taken into account, but either there are patterns in behavior that are still discernible overall, or there are not. If not, let's just close the forum and go home.

You're so caught up in small deviations in detail that you're missing the patterns; we're actually talking about fluid (not rigid) categories, that take these things into account overall.

i joke. my point was about urgency.
    Ah, gotcha.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

I can't believe i need to point out that you're missing the forest for the trees.

... or maybe I do believe it.

Seriously, though, why bother discussing typology at all, if we take things to your extreme? All the things you mention are caveats, which have to be taken into account, but either there are patterns in behavior that are still discernible overall, or there are not. If not, let's just close the forum and go home.

You're so caught up in small deviations in detail that you're missing the patterns; we're actually talking about fluid (not rigid) categories, that take these things into account overall.
    I wasn't clear, sry.

But I do NOT want to spend pages arguing over each term, learned my lesson with INTPs

I meant the variations are so many AND these functions are experienced by each individual in a subjective way (not proper term, imagine it) that trying to break it down would be like: the whole -> sum of the parts ->analyze parts
    I can't do that cause it feels like missing many points in the step of sum of the parts -> whole.

I am working more with a "feel" cause that's what I got. That's my point. Breaking it down imo doesn't work for ppl like us who do it as a hobbies, Beebe might pull it off.
    Cause these functions are experienced internally by the individual and are not objective functions.