User Tag List

123 Last

Default Any ISFPs actively posting on here?

I ask because it's one of the personality types I just cannot seem to understand in any clarity. I can read all about it, yet understand virtually nothing, except it seems like a high-strung, grounded variant of an INFP.

Funny thing is, I know one ISFP, and have met others, and can tell they are, yet have no perspective on how it must be for them. The one I know isn't particularly able to discuss much about psychology or personality theory at all, so I can't really bother to ask.

Anyone want to help me out, here? :D

MBTI
    INTP

According to the member's list there's 16, the highest has 319 posts. I don't know how to link the search results though.

But seriously I think we're better off without them.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Oh man, hahah.

Hopefully that'll make them come in and stand up for themselves so I can learn a little more. :D

heart on fire

I have a friend who tested as ISFP, she's got a real hard Te that comes up a lot, but other than that she's a very soft, dreamy natured person, very into cocooning herself in sensual comfort. Very fine sense of Fi, but she's just not into theoretical discussions or anything about the darker side of life. I have to edit myself around her or I disturb her! She's a very giving, wonderful person.

For some reason many people always think she's pissed off because she's not real smiley, but she's one of the most even tempered and patient people I know. She says she cannot understand the draw to message boards for socializing.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    According to the member's list there's 16, the highest has 319 posts. I don't know how to link the search results though.

Hey Belfry, you're seeing things in purely quantitive terms. Maybe within those 319 post there are gems of such worth that render all NT posts - combined! - mere fluff in the wind.

I think we should be told.

she's a very soft, dreamy natured person, very into cocooning herself in sensual comfort. Very fine sense of Fi, but she's just not into theoritical discussions or anything about the darker side of life. I have to edit myself around her or I disturb her!
    Odd, that sounds a helluva lot like an INFP I know (guy friend's mom). I'm pretty sure she's INFP since she said she tested as such while going to school for psychology, but she just doesn't like to get into theoretical discussions, loves to indulge in her senses, and will actually outright ask to not discuss 'negative' things.

That's why I get so damn confused about the distinction!

MBTI
    INTP

I work next to an ISFP at the moment and he is obsessed with talking about sex. He's a little gangsta wannabee boyracer who spends a majority of his day over-texting girls to the point of clinginess with poorly spelt sexual requests.

He takes meaningless imaginitive discussions to base terms. When I mused the other day that being mentally handicapped could actually be quite a fun life, his instant reply was, "Whatever! You'd get no pussy man! Ha ha ha ha! Never get to touch a titty, ha ha ha!"

All day, everyday, this uninteresting dialogue erodes me.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

heart on fire

My ISFP friend is into Christmas and Hallmark television movies, Christian romance novels, scented candles and sweets. In the middle of July she would come to pick me up for shopping or whatever and it is blazing hot, but I open the van door and I "jingle bells" playing and its normal to me!

She's great for having fun with and being childlike with. She's a great mother to her kids. She's always been there when I really needed her. Oh and Christmas is always a blast around her...

MBTI
    INTP

OP:
    What do you not understand? I find the ISFP to know to be very consistent, although she wouldn't admit it if I said that to her. Heh, she may have finally understood that I have a limited understanding of how she sees and approaches things after a conversation I had with her that went unusually well. It's so foreign to her that logical analysis from a detached perspective can lead to genuine understanding that it's funny... but that in itself says something about her, I think.

I find tentatively combining what I've read with what I've seen in the person to be effective.

As for forums, I think ISFPs are more likely to post on forums that have something to do with something they care about, like maybe painting, playing music, etc. There's probably one somewhere around here though.

The one I know isn't particularly able to discuss much about psychology or personality theory at all, so I can't really bother to ask.
    Welcome to the S function. Some people will even claim that a type like ISFP can never have any abstract interests ever, and I can see why they think that.

According to the member's list there's 16, the highest has 319 posts
    Hmm...that might be me.

Anyhow, what exactly do you want to know? "what it's like to be me" is a pretty open-ended question and since I've only ever been 'me' I'm not sure what is interesting or unique about me. While I'm very interested in psychology, I'm fairly new to MBTI so I'm probably not knowledgable enough about it to give you an indepth MBTI perspective about myself.

If you have some specific questions, please ask and I'll do my best to answer them.