• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Any ISFPs actively posting on here?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Honestly, Sunshine, I think you're an INFP. You passed the final test.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you have some specific questions, please ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

If you won a billion dollars what would you do with it?
What do you value?
What's your favorite thing to do in your free time?
What are your pet peeves?
What about your self do you love most?

Hotherym

MBTI Type
INFU
with out facial expressions and body language you can't know whether someone is joking/being sarcastic. And maybe you guys know Mort Belfry so you know when he/she is joking.

Ok, maybe it was my Ni, because I don't know him at all. I rarely post here. (Does Fi+Ne work similarly to Ni?)

Um, harhar. And to hell with smileys, let's use ASCII art.

walkingascii.gif

alicia91

If you won a billion dollars what would you do with it? Start a new business or possibly a non-profit, charity so that my money could keep on giving long after I'm gone. Actually I'd probably start charity and a business - maybe real-estate developing/investing. I'd also do a lot of travelling and a staff to do my grunt work so that I could spend more time on my personal/business goals

What do you value? My family, my health, my experiences in life so far. In others - intelligence, insight, education, creativity, kindness, empathy, harmony

What's your favorite thing to do in your free time? workout, read (mostly on the net these days due to lack of time), talk on the phone, play with my dogs, ski, self-improvement books/programs, crossword puzzles, read about history, study investments/money/finance, photograhy, lay in the sun, go to the pool club, trying new restaurants, go to a theme park, hang out with friends and family, watch movies

What are your pet peeves? people with no common sense, nitpicky people, those that challenge your viewpoint when nothing is gained, people who don't keep up with what's going on in the world, mean people, dirty people, laziness, bad teeth

What about your self do you love most? Nothing in particular really. I think I'm generally quite well-rounded (intelligent and creative) and can get along with just about anyone, I'm also kind, extremely level-headed, even tempered and reliable.

arborvitae

MBTI Type
ISFP
If you won a billion dollars what would you do with it?

I'd never worry about having enough money ever again. As a poor starving student all I can think about with this question is "Sweet, then I could pay my bills and go to the grocery store!" Get back to me in 5 years, and I'll answer the question more seriously.

What do you value?

I value family, personal growth, compassion, and harmony in my relationships.

What's your favorite thing to do in your free time?

I like to read, watch movies, get dressed up and go out, try new restaurants, play outdoors, sail, and dabble in photography.

What are your pet peeves?

Mean people, uncompromising people, bullies, picky eaters, being interrupted.

What about your self do you love most?

My sense of goodwill to others, my niceness. I think my parents also did a good job of raising me to work hard and not be spoiled.

PlumGarden

MBTI Type
ISFP
Life as an ISFP

It can be somewhat confusing at times. Different people bring out different sides of me and that can be misleading to others as well as myself.

For the most part the usual description of ISFPs holds true to form. Love for the arts, music :headphne:, color, life, experience, intense inner feeling, complete immersion into emotional reflection. I experience people rather than talk with them. It's like I can feel their feelings (unless they are strong rational types although at rare times they let down their guard)

When I was young it was difficult for me to stay true to myself. I always felt the need to change to accomodate others' personalities or wishes. Over the years I've been blessed with great NF and NT friends who have helped me see the folly of this. It is still a challenge as it easier to "live and let live" than actually develop a backbone regarding inner values.

I love people and animals and all things in need of care. I am stubborn when pushed too hard, down right passive aggressive. Variety is the spice of life and sensuality is a strong driving force for me.

My spouse is an INTP and we have had many challenges in our relationship. Mostly the F/T functions clashing. We just don't "get" each other in those areas. But that said, we are inexplicably intrigued by each other. :hug:

Anything else anyone wants to know?

heart

heart on fire
Okay, I am curious here but if the question irritates those in this thread, then ignore it.

Why do things like picky eaters or bad teeth bother you? They don't affect you (it seems to me) so I have a hard time understanding how they could be signifigant enough to end up on your pet peeves list. I would like to understand ISFP better so I am asking instead of simply wondering and making some assuption of my own. :)

I understand the "dirty people" thing because I hate visiting people who keep dirty bathrooms because if I have to use the bathroom while I am there, I will have to deal with it or if they keep a really horrible kitchen, it will be awkward to deal with them asking me for dinner and such. So I understand that, but not the picky eater or bad teeth. Those things seem more limited to the person themselves.

arborvitae

MBTI Type
ISFP
Okay, I am curious here but if the question irritates those in this thread, then ignore it.

Why do things like picky eaters or bad teeth bother you? They don't affect you (it seems to me) so I have a hard time understanding how they could be signifigant enough to end up on your pet peeves list. I would like to understand ISFP better so I am asking instead of simply wondering and making some assuption of my own. :)

Haha, that's a good question. I knew a girl who absolutely refused to eat mushrooms. She hadn't tried one in her life. She would go on about how much it disgusted her thinking of putting one of them in her mouth. This profoundly annoyed me for some reason. Maybe it bothered me that she was irrationally unwilling to try something new? I don't know.

Now that I think about it though, other people's eating habits are really none of my business. The next time I'm at the dinner table with a picky eater I'll happily scoop their leftovers on to my plate :)

heart

heart on fire
Haha, that's a good question. I knew a girl who absolutely refused to eat mushrooms. She hadn't tried one in her life. She would go on about how much it disgusted her thinking of putting one of them in her mouth. This profoundly annoyed me for some reason. Maybe it bothered me that she was irrationally unwilling to try something new? I don't know.

Now that I think about it though, other people's eating habits are really none of my business. The next time I'm at the dinner table with a picky eater I'll happily scoop their leftovers on to my plate :)

The underlined bit seems to make sense. Thanks for understanding my curiosity in this and answering. I just want to understand why a person would think this, what would motivate it, I was not trying to judge in anyway.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ooh! It's a thread about me! Those are the best kind! :D

I plan to actively post here...

Well, that is until I become obsessed with something else and probably disappear as quickly as I came. But then that's just my temperament, right? ;)

aireal

MBTI Type
ISFP
My mom's ISFP and much of what you wrote describes her very well. I find I have to censor myself or I will shock her with the things I say.

I think that really depends on the ISFP because I don't need to have people censor themselves when talking with or around me.....

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that really depends on the ISFP because I don't need to have people censor themselves when talking with or around me.....

Oh hello! Another ISFP! Welcome!

Oh and you're completely right...definitely don't have to censor yourself around all ISFPs.

D

Dali

I get the feeling from several MBTI-based forums that more than a few folks tend to (without much further analysis) bunch many incredibly flaky F types into the ISFP category and then go about thinking that we're possessed of incredibly low intellect.

It does get rather patronising.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I get the feeling from several MBTI-based forums that more than a few folks tend to (without much further analysis) bunch many incredibly flaky F types into the ISFP category and then go about thinking that we're possessed of incredibly low intellect.

Hmmm..I wouldn't know. The only other (sorta) MBTI-based forum that I've read is the one on Personalityzone.com, which is an offshoot of Keirsey's web site. And that forum is so dead that I can't really determine if anybody does that.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

Which incredibly flaky F types are you talkin' about? As long as we're patronising.