User Tag List

First 2345 Last

heart on fire

Okay, I am curious here but if the question irritates those in this thread, then ignore it.

Why do things like picky eaters or bad teeth bother you? They don't affect you (it seems to me) so I have a hard time understanding how they could be signifigant enough to end up on your pet peeves list. I would like to understand ISFP better so I am asking instead of simply wondering and making some assuption of my own.

I understand the "dirty people" thing because I hate visiting people who keep dirty bathrooms because if I have to use the bathroom while I am there, I will have to deal with it or if they keep a really horrible kitchen, it will be awkward to deal with them asking me for dinner and such. So I understand that, but not the picky eater or bad teeth. Those things seem more limited to the person themselves.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Okay, I am curious here but if the question irritates those in this thread, then ignore it.

Why do things like picky eaters or bad teeth bother you? They don't affect you (it seems to me) so I have a hard time understanding how they could be signifigant enough to end up on your pet peeves list. I would like to understand ISFP better so I am asking instead of simply wondering and making some assuption of my own.
    Haha, that's a good question. I knew a girl who absolutely refused to eat mushrooms. She hadn't tried one in her life. She would go on about how much it disgusted her thinking of putting one of them in her mouth. This profoundly annoyed me for some reason. Maybe it bothered me that she was irrationally unwilling to try something new? I don't know.

Now that I think about it though, other people's eating habits are really none of my business. The next time I'm at the dinner table with a picky eater I'll happily scoop their leftovers on to my plate

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by arborvitae View Post
    Haha, that's a good question. I knew a girl who absolutely refused to eat mushrooms. She hadn't tried one in her life. She would go on about how much it disgusted her thinking of putting one of them in her mouth. This profoundly annoyed me for some reason. Maybe it bothered me that she was irrationally unwilling to try something new? I don't know.

Now that I think about it though, other people's eating habits are really none of my business. The next time I'm at the dinner table with a picky eater I'll happily scoop their leftovers on to my plate
    The underlined bit seems to make sense. Thanks for understanding my curiosity in this and answering. I just want to understand why a person would think this, what would motivate it, I was not trying to judge in anyway.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by PlumGarden View Post
    Different people bring out different sides of me and that can be misleading to others
    Same here.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ooh! It's a thread about me! Those are the best kind!

I plan to actively post here...

Well, that is until I become obsessed with something else and probably disappear as quickly as I came. But then that's just my temperament, right?

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    My mom's ISFP and much of what you wrote describes her very well. I find I have to censor myself or I will shock her with the things I say.
    I think that really depends on the ISFP because I don't need to have people censor themselves when talking with or around me.....

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by aireal View Post
    I think that really depends on the ISFP because I don't need to have people censor themselves when talking with or around me.....
    Oh hello! Another ISFP! Welcome!

Oh and you're completely right...definitely don't have to censor yourself around all ISFPs.

Dali

I get the feeling from several MBTI-based forums that more than a few folks tend to (without much further analysis) bunch many incredibly flaky F types into the ISFP category and then go about thinking that we're possessed of incredibly low intellect.

It does get rather patronising.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OperaLover View Post
    I get the feeling from several MBTI-based forums that more than a few folks tend to (without much further analysis) bunch many incredibly flaky F types into the ISFP category and then go about thinking that we're possessed of incredibly low intellect.

Hmmm..I wouldn't know. The only other (sorta) MBTI-based forum that I've read is the one on Personalityzone.com, which is an offshoot of Keirsey's web site. And that forum is so dead that I can't really determine if anybody does that.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by OperaLover View Post

Which incredibly flaky F types are you talkin' about? As long as we're patronising.