User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I guess any input you have about how you function is helpful. I'm looking for how to apply the actual functions -- Fi, Se, Ni, Te -- since personal experience is often not enough to get me to understand (Ti, I guess? ), but it still does help to hear from those that do experience it first hand.

I get that ISFP can be quite variable depending on several factors (general intelligence, family history, etc.), but I'm wondering why that is. Fi? Well, at any rate, it's interesting to hear from people who experience the world through SP functions when I can only do as such through artistic experiences.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I have a friend who tested as ISFP, she's got a real hard Te that comes up a lot, but other than that she's a very soft, dreamy natured person, very into cocooning herself in sensual comfort. Very fine sense of Fi, but she's just not into theoretical discussions or anything about the darker side of life. I have to edit myself around her or I disturb her! She's a very giving, wonderful person.

For some reason many people always think she's pissed off because she's not real smiley, but she's one of the most even tempered and patient people I know. She says she cannot understand the draw to message boards for socializing.
    My mom's ISFP and much of what you wrote describes her very well. I find I have to censor myself or I will shock her with the things I say. Sometimes I fail and feel awful, because I know she means well. I also have to be careful what I say and the caustic way I say it, despite her stoic persona. She'll never cry before you, but she used to have tantrums. Being around her provides a lesson in sensitivity and makes me actually want to be all fluffy and good-natured like she is, until she pisses me off by being too good and generous to people and having them take advantage of it. For some reason, I feel protective of her, though I'm the daughter.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Wow, stereotyping millions based off of one or few that you know...real intelligent....real mature.
    Taking my comments so seriously ..............genius!
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hotherym View Post
    I get that ISFP can be quite variable depending on several factors (general intelligence, family history, etc.), but I'm wondering why that is. Fi? Well, at any rate, it's interesting to hear from people who experience the world through SP functions when I can only do as such through artistic experiences.
    My best friend growing up was an ISFP. He was basically the reason that I didn't get picked on as a kid. He was really tough, and early on in Kindergarten he decided that we were best friends. I didn't get much say in the matter, but I wasn't inclined to protest very much. I'd describe him as very interested in cars, physical activities and mischief of all sorts. When he discovered girls, for a few years he was basically a walking hard-on. Eventually, he fell in love with a strong-willed woman and got roped into her life. After that, I hardly ever heard from him again. Last I knew, he'd put on a lot of weight, accepted his wife's brand of Jesus, and was a father of two.

My wife is also an ISFP. She's very different from my old best friend. She's quite into the fine arts. She's a graphic artist, painter and a musician. She's very interested in computers although she would probably never frequent an Internet forum unless it was useful in answering specific questions she had about music, art, technical computer stuff or musical instruments. We have a few interests in common - computers, music, going to the gym, etc. Our relationship basically works because we have fun doing stuff together, and we're both pretty willing to be tolerant of our differences.

ISFPs and INTPs fundamentally approach the world in very different ways. I've had 30+ years of being very close with people of this type. I can't really claim to understand what is common to their viewpoint as a whole, but I have a rough feel for how it's different from my own, and I respect it.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Taking my comments so seriously ..............genius!
    If you don't want them to be taken seriously why don't you put up smileys or something? Like this: =P

I don't know, I didn't take it seriously. Must be the Ti.

Thanks for all the input so far. I'm going to re-read once I get a chance.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    If you don't want them to be taken seriously why don't you put up smileys or something? Like this: =P
    Because there is no mystique in smileys.

I have a genre to conform to.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

heart on fire

I didn't either and no Ti involved.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Because there is no mystique in smileys.

I have a genre to conform to.
    Ok well If you really didn't mean it then nevermind, I take back my comment.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Thanks for all the input so far. I'm going to re-read once I get a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I didn't either and no Ti involved.
    Well I did. This is the internet, with out facial expressions and body language you can't know whether someone is joking/being sarcastic. And maybe you guys know Mort Belfry so you know when he/she is joking. I'm sure I'm not the only newbie here that read that and took it seriously, I'm probably just the only one that said something.
    I don't think I'm overreacting either, imagine if Mort Belfry had said the same thing except for with race instead of personality, saying something like, "But seriously we're better off without Mexicans"...saying things like that about any category of people is going to get reactions.

Sorry for the thread derail.
    I'd respond to the original post but I'm not sure if I'm an ISFP or not. I'm an IXFP though probably.