User Tag List

First 12

Thread: ESTP and ISTJ

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Frankly, I think that type of thinking is horse shit.
    Don't call me Frankly.

For real tho, I like it when you're frank!

As for the OP... My ESTP friend made friends almost instantly with a ridiculously ISTJ coworker. Once the ESTP wasn't here anymore, the ISTJ didn't have anything to do with me. So as an ISTP, I just don't understand the ISTJ and he's not willing to open up to me about ANYTHING. The ESTP could get this guy not ONLY to go out to a bar....but...to also *GASP* have a drink! It didn't happen often, but idk anyone else who could get this guy to do anything at all. He's pretty extreme and very difficult to work with, imo. I think his upbringing has made him this way, more so than his type, per se. Small town in the deep south with a religious family will make you pretty closed about stuff, imo.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Don't call me Frankly.

For real tho, I like it when you're frank!
    LOL! STP wimmenz is the best!

As for the OP... My ESTP friend made friends almost instantly with a ridiculously ISTJ coworker. Once the ESTP wasn't here anymore, the ISTJ didn't have anything to do with me. So as an ISTP, I just don't understand the ISTJ and he's not willing to open up to me about ANYTHING. The ESTP could get this guy not ONLY to go out to a bar....but...to also *GASP* have a drink! It didn't happen often, but idk anyone else who could get this guy to do anything at all.
    We do have a panache for let us say "expanding the horizons" (aka "Corrupting") others.

He's pretty extreme and very difficult to work with, imo. I think his upbringing has made him this way, more so than his type, per se. Small town in the deep south with a religious family will make you pretty closed about stuff, imo.
    Yeah, that can put blinders on people. Nothing short of a mindblowing change of venue and some new life experiences can start to break up those mental shackles. My Dad left Atlanta in 1955 at the age of 18 via joining the U.S. Army. Part of his desire to do so was that having a beer and dancing with girls was considered a one-way ticket to hell. Morons.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ESTp
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ESTp

I'm an ESTp and my fiance's an ISTj... we get along very well, and interesting enough, my best friend is an ISFj lolol... go figure.

Who would've ever thought.

I marry this year 10.10.10 to Mr. ISTj, and we "stewed" aka knew each other for a few months. I wouldn't have it any other way. Our differences are easily smoothed out w/ communication especially from my end where I have to kind of walk him through things to make him understand that I don't automatically think or want to approach things the way he thinks it oughta lol.

Barking, bickering to love making and laughter... no other would I ever want to be with til my hair falls off than with him.

We mesh very well especially physically and in the cerebral dept. We're both our "types" through and through lol

However eanneargram - he's a 2w1 and I'm a 3w2...

But the bigger picture, we're great together.