User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    To drive the point home, for an especially Se-starved ISxP, I think something as simple as going to the grocery store randomly when you're at home watching TV could be exciting
    haha. sad but true

If I'm with others, I definitely get like that (can occupy myself alone though for a long time). I'm usually fine with doing a beer run or some (gasp) chore, when others get too situated to even want to move. It's an excuse to move or change the scenery for a little bit. Just not quite like an ESP, who are way more amped up.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    why don't you tell us what you actually did to make her "doom and gloom", and then we can give you suggestions for how to fix it.

if you had a "falling out", rollerblading or something isn't magically going to solve that.
    I didn't do anything. Really.

She got really depressed and started attributing past behaviors of men to me, that were completely fabricated and no basis in reality. So I am trying to rekindle things (once she seems less depressed).

I am definitely not boring. That's how we started dating in the first place. Depression does crazy things.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Frenetic Tranquility View Post
    I didn't do anything. Really.

She got really depressed and started attributing past behaviors of men to me, that were completely fabricated and no basis in reality. So I am trying to rekindle things (once she seems less depressed).
    Yikes... ISxP Critical Si. It can be brutal.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Get her to play with words, specifically the kind of play known as Spoonerism.
    I read this somewhere else too. I wish I was better at spoonerisms! I will practice. I am really good at other word play. She got upset and quit words with friends with me.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I read this somewhere else too. I wish I was better at spoonerisms! I will practice. I am really good at other word play. She got upset and quit words with friends with me.
    I haven't played that game, but it sounds too difficult to keep her playful interests up, or she's a sore loser. Word play is word PLAY.

Keep your ears open for her own Spoonerisms. My wife is good at them. Maybe the ISFP in your life doesn't play with words like my wife does.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I think anything spontaneous and out of the ordinary can be thrilling for Se-users. It would be a mistake to understimate how happy this makes us. If you're an ENTP, you may have a tendency to over-think this. No need. It doesn't need to be complex. All you have to do is deviate from the plans you made, or throw something random in there if there were no plans at all. To drive the point home, for an especially Se-starved ISxP, I think something as simple as going to the grocery store randomly when you're at home watching TV could be exciting

To be a little more involved then a grocery store trip... some other ideas are:
    - Going out to eat randomly. Try parking near a street with a lot of restaurants and strolling around to pick one out.
    - If you're going on a road trip, reasearch a few fun places to stop at on the way and surprise her
    - Take a random art class with her. Those painting classes that are BYOB are becoming popular in Houston.. I'm sure there in a lot of other cities too. Or just google art classes in the area. I'm taking a pottery class now that's a lot of fun
    - Nothing beats a day trip to somewhere fun.
    - ... except weekend trips. Or week trips.
    - Just get active with her. Volleyball, biking, whatever. (If she's the active type)

But really... like I said... ANYTHING out of the ordinary or spontaneous will do pretty much.
    I did the art class with her. Later that night is when she suggested a break! I didn't realize how depressive she was at the time, but now two months later she is still having "funks", and finding ways to attribute them to the people around her rather than getting to the core problem (internal).

I couldn't do active things in the last month we were dating, because she had an ovarian cyst that hurt like hell whenever she did something physical. Prior to that month, we were doing great.

I did make the mistake, thinking she was INTJ, of trying to conceptualize the whole situation in an email. Now that I realize she's ISFP it does seem really stupid to even bring anything like that up, but I can't delete that it happened, so it's best to forget about it and focus on now.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Do you think that perhaps you are taking too much responsibility for something that ultimately is only up to her?

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

go mountain climbing, dammit
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    Do you think that perhaps you are taking too much responsibility for something that ultimately is only up to her?
    Most likely. But as an ENTP, I like a good challenge, and enjoy finding a way. I wouldn't do this with just anyone, I really genuinely see a profound potential between us (and I'm pretty good at seeing potential). I have to do what I can, it's just in my blood. If it falls flat still, so be it!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Most likely. But as an ENTP, I like a good challenge, and enjoy finding a way. I wouldn't do this with just anyone, I really genuinely see a profound potential between us (and I'm pretty good at seeing potential). I have to do what I can, it's just in my blood. If it falls flat still, so be it!
    Drink your vitamins and keep a couple of Fe friends at hand, ENFJ if you have them. This whole thing can go very bad very fast. It probably will. Prepare for basic survival mode for yourself if you know what I mean.