User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 41

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    why don't you tell us what you actually did to make her "doom and gloom", and then we can give you suggestions for how to fix it.

    if you had a "falling out", rollerblading or something isn't magically going to solve that.
    Rollerblading might work. If he knew how to rollerblade and taught her. Guiding her gently, teaching her, could be wonderful.

  2. #22
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    why don't you tell us what you actually did to make her "doom and gloom", and then we can give you suggestions for how to fix it.

    if you had a "falling out", rollerblading or something isn't magically going to solve that.
    LOL. Yes.

    Side note: I don't get this "loop" stuff. Personality is fluid. It doesn't make sense people would, like "power down" into these loops everytime something disrupts their lives. These loop people are probably another type in denial.
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  3. #23
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    LOL. Yes.

    Side note: I don't get this "loop" stuff. Personality is fluid. It doesn't make sense people would, like "power down" into these loops everytime something disrupts their lives. These loop people are probably another type in denial.
    I think it's very rare at least. I don't even want to entertain "tertiary Ni" much. My own intuitive leaps can spook me out in a way.. an alarm sets off to get grounded again. Preferring Se means I self-correct with it. However, the bigger your ego, the easier it is to believe your own bullshit. You could get to a point where you latch on to any suspicion or jump, and that would be a sort of "shadow". I think I experienced this often with drugs.. some drugs have a habit of making you very self absorbed, egotisical, believing your own bullshit. Maybe a similar thing could happen in times of stress too.

    But I digress

  4. #24
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think it's very rare at least. I don't even want to entertain "tertiary Ni" much. My own intuitive leaps can spook me out in a way.. an alarm sets off to get grounded again. Preferring Se means I self-correct with it. However, the bigger your ego, the easier it is to believe your own bullshit. You could get to a point where you latch on to any suspicion or jump, and that would be a sort of "shadow". I think I experienced this often with drugs.. some drugs have a habit of making you very self absorbed, egotisical, believing your own bullshit. Maybe a similar thing could happen in times of stress too.

    But I digress
    The idea of the dom/tert loop is that you would either be neurotic in that moment, or unhealthy in general if it were a long term thing.

    It's definitely not a healthy thing, like "oh yeah I'm an INTJ in an Ni/Fi loop, it's all cool."

    No, no it's not cool.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think it's very rare at least. I don't even want to entertain "tertiary Ni" much. My own intuitive leaps can spook me out in a way.. an alarm sets off to get grounded again. Preferring Se means I self-correct with it. However, the bigger your ego, the easier it is to believe your own bullshit. You could get to a point where you latch on to any suspicion or jump, and that would be a sort of "shadow". I think I experienced this often with drugs.. some drugs have a habit of making you very self absorbed, egotisical, believing your own bullshit. Maybe a similar thing could happen in times of stress too.

    But I digress
    Yeah, drugs and stress do that for me too.
    Dirt Farmer

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    The idea of the dom/tert loop is that you would either be neurotic in that moment, or unhealthy in general if it were a long term thing.

    It's definitely not a healthy thing, like "oh yeah I'm an INTJ in an Ni/Fi loop, it's all cool."

    No, no it's not cool.
    You stole my type/enneagram/sx/sp/so stacking
    Dirt Farmer

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    You stole my type/enneagram/sx/sp/so stacking
    Yup. I actually had it first. Don't front.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yup. I actually had it first. Don't front.
    Lies. Shameless lies.
    Dirt Farmer

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Lies. Shameless lies.
    Nope, I lie about much more lucrative things. Otherwise I'm stupidly honest.

  10. #30
    Controlled Mischief StephMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    I think anything spontaneous and out of the ordinary can be thrilling for Se-users. It would be a mistake to understimate how happy this makes us. If you're an ENTP, you may have a tendency to over-think this. No need. It doesn't need to be complex. All you have to do is deviate from the plans you made, or throw something random in there if there were no plans at all. To drive the point home, for an especially Se-starved ISxP, I think something as simple as going to the grocery store randomly when you're at home watching TV could be exciting

    To be a little more involved then a grocery store trip... some other ideas are:
    - Going out to eat randomly. Try parking near a street with a lot of restaurants and strolling around to pick one out.
    - If you're going on a road trip, reasearch a few fun places to stop at on the way and surprise her
    - Take a random art class with her. Those painting classes that are BYOB are becoming popular in Houston.. I'm sure there in a lot of other cities too. Or just google art classes in the area. I'm taking a pottery class now that's a lot of fun
    - Nothing beats a day trip to somewhere fun.
    - ... except weekend trips. Or week trips.
    - Just get active with her. Volleyball, biking, whatever. (If she's the active type)

    But really... like I said... ANYTHING out of the ordinary or spontaneous will do pretty much.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] Are you an ISFP male and in LOVE?
    By floral87 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2016, 08:54 AM
  2. [ISFP] How to make an ISFP fall in L-O-V-E
    By CzeCze in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-20-2014, 03:31 PM
  3. [MBTItm] What are ways inferior Te can manifest itself in an ISFP?
    By lunareclipze in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 12:27 PM
  4. [ISFP] Is this normal for an ISFP?
    By Anew Leaf in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-20-2012, 09:46 PM
  5. [ISFP] Birthday gift ideas for an ISFP
    By Lauren Ashley in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 03:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO