User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    why don't you tell us what you actually did to make her "doom and gloom", and then we can give you suggestions for how to fix it.

if you had a "falling out", rollerblading or something isn't magically going to solve that.
    Rollerblading might work. If he knew how to rollerblade and taught her. Guiding her gently, teaching her, could be wonderful.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    why don't you tell us what you actually did to make her "doom and gloom", and then we can give you suggestions for how to fix it.

if you had a "falling out", rollerblading or something isn't magically going to solve that.
    LOL. Yes.

Side note: I don't get this "loop" stuff. Personality is fluid. It doesn't make sense people would, like "power down" into these loops everytime something disrupts their lives. These loop people are probably another type in denial.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    LOL. Yes.

Side note: I don't get this "loop" stuff. Personality is fluid. It doesn't make sense people would, like "power down" into these loops everytime something disrupts their lives. These loop people are probably another type in denial.
    I think it's very rare at least. I don't even want to entertain "tertiary Ni" much. My own intuitive leaps can spook me out in a way.. an alarm sets off to get grounded again. Preferring Se means I self-correct with it. However, the bigger your ego, the easier it is to believe your own bullshit. You could get to a point where you latch on to any suspicion or jump, and that would be a sort of "shadow". I think I experienced this often with drugs.. some drugs have a habit of making you very self absorbed, egotisical, believing your own bullshit. Maybe a similar thing could happen in times of stress too.

But I digress

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think it's very rare at least. I don't even want to entertain "tertiary Ni" much. My own intuitive leaps can spook me out in a way.. an alarm sets off to get grounded again. Preferring Se means I self-correct with it. However, the bigger your ego, the easier it is to believe your own bullshit. You could get to a point where you latch on to any suspicion or jump, and that would be a sort of "shadow". I think I experienced this often with drugs.. some drugs have a habit of making you very self absorbed, egotisical, believing your own bullshit. Maybe a similar thing could happen in times of stress too.

But I digress
    The idea of the dom/tert loop is that you would either be neurotic in that moment, or unhealthy in general if it were a long term thing.

It's definitely not a healthy thing, like "oh yeah I'm an INTJ in an Ni/Fi loop, it's all cool."

No, no it's not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post

But I digress
    Yeah, drugs and stress do that for me too.
    Dirt Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    The idea of the dom/tert loop is that you would either be neurotic in that moment, or unhealthy in general if it were a long term thing.

It's definitely not a healthy thing, like "oh yeah I'm an INTJ in an Ni/Fi loop, it's all cool."

No, no it's not cool.
    You stole my type/enneagram/sx/sp/so stacking
    Dirt Farmer

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    You stole my type/enneagram/sx/sp/so stacking
    Yup. I actually had it first. Don't front.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yup. I actually had it first. Don't front.
    Lies. Shameless lies.
    Dirt Farmer

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Lies. Shameless lies.
    Nope, I lie about much more lucrative things. Otherwise I'm stupidly honest.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I think anything spontaneous and out of the ordinary can be thrilling for Se-users. It would be a mistake to understimate how happy this makes us. If you're an ENTP, you may have a tendency to over-think this. No need. It doesn't need to be complex. All you have to do is deviate from the plans you made, or throw something random in there if there were no plans at all. To drive the point home, for an especially Se-starved ISxP, I think something as simple as going to the grocery store randomly when you're at home watching TV could be exciting

To be a little more involved then a grocery store trip... some other ideas are:
    - Going out to eat randomly. Try parking near a street with a lot of restaurants and strolling around to pick one out.
    - If you're going on a road trip, reasearch a few fun places to stop at on the way and surprise her
    - Take a random art class with her. Those painting classes that are BYOB are becoming popular in Houston.. I'm sure there in a lot of other cities too. Or just google art classes in the area. I'm taking a pottery class now that's a lot of fun
    - Nothing beats a day trip to somewhere fun.
    - ... except weekend trips. Or week trips.
    - Just get active with her. Volleyball, biking, whatever. (If she's the active type)

But really... like I said... ANYTHING out of the ordinary or spontaneous will do pretty much.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.