User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Not necessarily if she's in an Fi/Ni loop and/or he insists on being boring and sitting in a room and talking about physics whenever he's with her.
    I don't think physics would necessarily spark anything negative. It's Te that put IFPs in stress. Dry, heirarchal, business like atmospheres. Places where Fi gets a blank stare for how they even address anything. ENTP isn't hung up on the same things that hit their weak points. Generally they'd give even boring subjects a fun, experimental spin.

Anyways, he hasn't explained what happened. Maybe it isn't type related. My only point is that you don't get someone to do something they're already good at. If they're already that way, then they bring it out in you instead.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't think physics would necessarily spark anything negative. It's Te that put IFPs in stress. Dry, heirarchal, business like atmospheres. Places where Fi gets a blank stares for how they even address anything. ENTP isn't hung up on the same things that hit their weak points. Generally they'd give even boring subjects a fun, experimental spin.

Anyways, he hasn't explain what happened. My only point is that you don't get someone to do something they're already good at. If they're already that way, then they bring it out in you instead. Maybe in MBTI the extroverts think they're the catalyst, but they probably should get over themselves.
    Yeah well I don't do well in any structured, corporatesque environment, so I think that's typical to FP, but anyway the way I interpreted his post, he wants the ISFP to actually enjoy his company, and that was why I was making those suggestions; otherwise she might perceive him as boring, and maybe that's why he sees her as being in distress in some way. Maybe she can engage in Ni activities as a relief-function kind of thing, but if he pushes it on her all the time, she may find him dull and yeah she could get grumpier in his company.

Yeah well I don't do well in any structured, corporatesque environment, so I think that's typical to FP, but anyway the way I interpreted his post, he wants the ISFP to actually enjoy his company, and that was why I was making those suggestions; otherwise she might perceive him as boring, and maybe that's why he sees her as being in distress in some way. Maybe she can engage in Ni activities as a relief-function kind of thing, but if he pushes it on her all the time, she may find him dull and yeah she could get grumpier in his company.
    Personally, I don't see how an ENTP could be boring. I could see how they'd be annoying or disrespectful, and invasive enough to spark a fight, but never boring. Even Stephen Hawking is pretty funny, and he doesn't even talk or move.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Personally, I don't see how an ENTP could be boring. I could see how they'd be annoying or disrespectful, and invasive enough to spark a fight, but never boring. Even Stephen Hawking is pretty funny, and he doesn't even talk or move.
    Yeah well maybe they're fighting because he ALWAYS wants to debate ideas (thus the gloom and falling out) and instead of being bored, she's just sick of him because all he wants to do is debate, and maybe if they did some fun activities together instead, and just enjoyed doing things, maybe they'd get along better.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I actually like to do this. And then spontaneously go to the grocery store and buy ingredients for a dinner that night based on something I saw on the show.
    You often sound like my wife, except for your posting style which is highly intellectual while hers is highly sociable and jokey.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    You often sound like my wife, except for your posting style which is highly intellectual while hers is highly sociable and jokey.
    Because my posting style is never, ever sociable or jokey.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Keep things light, playful and fun.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Get her to play with words, specifically the kind of play known as Spoonerism.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Frenetic Tranquility View Post
    What sorts of ideas would you recommend for engaging Se, to rekindle a romantic interest? I made a mistake of thinking a smart and quiet ISFP was an INTJ, and tried to engage her Ni....which just made her doom and gloom Fi/Ni loop forever, and totally crumbled an amazing relationship.
    Whatever you do, never say this kind of gobbledegook around her.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Youse your handz.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.