Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Lets get some ESFP appreciation going

I'm really getting quite sick of the stereotyping ESFP's as morons who just wanna have fun.

Ok so we have a whole bunch of N's (yah S's too, you don't get away scott free) claiming that there is the N bias and the vast majority self type or re-type as N's because of this and many are infact mistyped etc.

But really these same N's display nuances that go against their supposed views, in short, hypocrisy. They too are blameworthy of the bias.

Phrases such as....

"Oh i love ESFP's they really know how to live in the moment"
    "I wish i had their carefree attitude"
    "There are plenty of intelligent ESFP's" (without reference (and S types in general))

... really don't do much to quell the subtle (or not) presumption/trend.

Then you have the typical backhanded compliments or all out insults...erring on the..."Fantastic in bed, if only they could keep up intellectually"

Ofc the mbti type descriptions only serve to fuel this apparent disparity. I believe the bias is not so heavy in socionics terms.

So what i'd actually like to hear is some genuine appreciation for this type.

Does anyone have examples of well known intelligent ESFP's?...

It seems to me that anyone famously intelligent is auto typed as an N or at least there is a heavy leaning.

Lots of examples of famous ISTP's, and ESTP's out there though.

Show me the money ESFP's

p.s I may come back to tidy this up.
    n.b i may too have made such comments, possibly to my detriment, i could even be an EXFP myself. I just don't SEe it.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Wow, that many huh?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

One of my favorite famous ESFPs seems to get typed ISTP. Amelia Earhart. On Keirsey's site, she's ISTP. Same with Paul Newman. They just seem to have more personable qualities, higher activity, and "friskyness" that I'd associate with a Se extrovert.

I think Olivia Munn is both funny, intelligent, not to mention gorgeous.. Not sure if she's ESFP or ENFP

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton were both pretty intelligent, successful ESFPs.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton were both pretty intelligent, successful ESFPs.
    I don't know about Reagan. He dismissed a lot of environmental initiatives. We could have had a head start on that.

The stupidest thing he did was throw away a solar panel Carter installed in the white house. Like that's a bad thing.

MBTI
    ?

clinton is supposed to be an ESFP (that could be good or bad).

but i don't think they need a boost, that would almost give credence to the backhanded compliments. anyone who'll do more than just read mbti descriptions and surf on sites to gain information from people who also just read mbti descriptions... they'd know that intelligence has more to do with natural potential, and the use of it has to do with one's maturity, neither of these things have much to do with one's personality type (at least i'd like to think they do).

but then again, one can always make the argument that what you're inherently geared towards will cause one to take certain paths through life on average that would lead in different directions, and different outcomes (one of those is exploring a different side to oneself/unlocking the potentials of the multifaceted human being and only being able to go so many paths to such an extent)--who really knows if your type plays that much of role in these things.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I'm not close to any esfps in fact I can't think of anyone I know who is an esfp but i imagine they're a lot like me and I like me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post

Does anyone have examples of well known intelligent ESFP's?...
    Lady Gaga, Pablo Picasso, Mickey Rourke, Mick Jagger, Larry Ellison, Quentin Tarantino, Richard Branson, Evan Rachel Wood, Sean Penn...
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I love Ronald Reagan.