• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Lets get some ESFP appreciation going

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, probably Zelda Fitzgerald.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
There's no reason to remove solar panels unless you're stupid.

"Free, replenishable energy... What a bad idea."

Even if by those late 70s standards, the panels weren't very efficient, it still had symbolic worth. Removing the symbol is stupid too.

An ESFP has tertiary Te and inferior Ni (which in some ESxPs is more rejected than others) so in Reagan's mind, efficiency would be paramount and symbolism might even be viewed as completely unnecessary.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Differences in viewpoint are not lack of intelligence, though.

Also, aside from him prizing efficiency and rejecting symbolism, Reagan probably valued the political support of oil companies, even then.

So he actually may have been keenly aware of the symbolism, but didn't like what it stood for, poltiically and fiscally.

I don't think Reagan was stupid, he had to the tactical intelligence to practically switch mid-sentence to being friends with the USSR, even after being so ferociously anti-commie and all that, and helped end the Cold War.

On the other hand, his "ketchup is a vegetable" thing was really ...in poor taste, not to mention scientifically incorrect.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like him too, but he was ENFJ.

I sincerely doubt this. His Ni was used in a much too childlike manner. Star Wars? The Myth of the Welfare Queen? His Ni was primarily used for entertainment and story telling, which he unfortunately projected on to reality. Unrealistic, unscientific...is this why you think he was an NF?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
There's no reason to remove solar panels unless you're stupid.

"Free, replenishable energy... What a bad idea."

Even if by those late 70s standards, the panels weren't very efficient, it still had symbolic worth. Removing the symbol is stupid too.

All I can do is restate my "differences in viewpoint are not lack of intelligence." A person not recognizing value in something that you place value in does not make them stupid. And a few minutes of internet research shows that the solar panels were actually removed because they did some renovations to the roof in 1986, so Reagan may not have even known about it. He was busy on that whole arms for hostages stuff by then. :wink:

KDude

All I can do is restate my "differences in viewpoint are not lack of intelligence." A person not recognizing value in something that you place value in does not make them stupid. And a few minutes of internet research shows that the solar panels were actually removed because they did some renovations to the roof in 1986, so Reagan may not have even known about it. He was busy on that whole arms for hostages stuff by then. :wink:

This isn't about values. It's about having a god sized ball of nuclear energy blazing in the sky.. the same ball that has fueled life on earth for billions of years. To write off technology that tries to utilize it as a power source is stupid. Even a child, who often has little if any political preconceptions, will see that. They'll just ask "Why?" Because as an idea on it's own it doesn't make sense.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is based purely on the ESFPs that I know but here it goes:

I think they are stereotyped as "stupid" because they knowledge they value is not what the other types typically value. They seem more interested in skills and practical knowledge in contrast to NTs (who are typically given the stereotype of nerds/intellectuals) who are very much in the realm of the abstract. It's not that ESFPs don't/can't understand abstract concepts I think it's just doesn't always interest them or they don't find them worth daydreaming about when they're are things actually happening in the present. Also I think they are less concerned with people viewing them as intelligent. i think they are much more concerned with making people comfortable and having a good time. For example an INTP might ruin the mood at a party but arguing over a point where they know they are right while an ESFP might brush it off. I think there is a tendency for people to associate niceness with being stupid.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I remember this Reagan debate. Talk about fast witty response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPu1UIBkBc

Mondale later said about this moment: "If TV can tell the truth, as you say it can, you'll see that I was smiling. But I think if you come in close, you'll see some tears coming down because I knew he had gotten me there. That was really the end of my campaign that night, I think. I told my wife the campaign was over, and it was"

KDude

Speaking of cool politicians. Ann Richards

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pvrvRT23is]/[/youtube]

Jaguar

One of my fav posts from an ESFP who stopped by the forum in 2009:

I found this site while googling ESFP and registered so I could comment on this thread.

I'm clearly an ESFP in real life, have in the past belonged to the IQ clubs Mensa and Intertel (top 2% and top 1%), and so far in college I've received straight A's (including in the so-called "N" classes such as English lit., philosophy, logic and math). My ex-boyfriend is clearly an ESTP and has a masters in civil engineering from Stanford University. Even though neither of us has the special N that seems to be needed for intelligence, we've managed to stumble through both our N and S classes.

My husband is an INTJ, has a B.S. in math, and he turns to me for logic issues. I was the top student out of a class of 30 in my college logic class. And btw, that doesn't automatically mean I'm an NT, it means I prefer ESFP but have a higher IQ, per tests, than my husband. He has gifts stronger than mine in other areas, including carrying projects through to completion.

Upon meeting me, the first impression is of someone bouncy, emotional, silly, always on the go -- the typical ESFP. It doesn't mean I'm not intelligent, it only means I don't use intelligence as my preferred way of dealing with the world -- I use Se and Fi, with the IQ-type of intelligence a secondary preference. I wonder how many so-called non-intelligent ESFPs are in the same situation I'm in -- showing one side, having the other hidden.

Here's one example of a weakness... Though I can understand everything said, I can't, on my own, go as deeply into ideas as some N's when it comes to such subjects as English lit. I can keep up with the best when it comes to the precise meaning of a piece of literature, but that's it, after a few pages I've said what needs to be said and have trouble picking up on some of the nuances.

I don't know what the average IQ is of ESFPs, but to look at them as stupid until proven intelligent is insulting to potentially millions of people.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone -- or almost everyone.

esq

MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
5w4
Amy Winehouse seems to be an esfp. Pretty cool, nice person too, except for the tragic spiral towards death. She had some fun moments on british television with Simon Amstell who I believe is an intp.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of my very best friends in the entire planet is ESFP. (Not that I have friends ALL over the planet but.. well. I think anyone would want to be around her.) She's really sweet, understanding, supportive and sisterly,, but also has the "stereotypical" ESFP side of doing a lot of the crazy partying (not as much now that she gets older). and knows a lot about a ton of stuff so she can basically pick up a conversation with anyone with any culture/situation/ age/ whatever. (That's the most admirable quality to me.) The Se generally translates to an openness about the world, she's basically a sponge.

(In bed.)

(JK!)

Did I mention she's really REALLY pretty and got proposed to like six times? Not to be shallow but GEEZ! Anyway. She claims that many women could be the same way and it's due to the way she carries herself and I would have to agree!!

They are consistently my favorite type about tied with the ENTJ.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Richard Hammond. :harley:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Even though this is purely anecdotal, most of the people ive suspected to be ESFP's were the people whose company I actually enjoyed the most, they bring out a more entertaining side of people and help them enjoy those small moments of social bliss.

I suppose ive also met some who rubbed me the wrong way and who, when really on the downward spiral, could be monstrous in the justification of their actions....but the majority appear to be so enjoyable it more than makes up for it.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
People who call ESFPs stupid may themselves be somewhat stupid.
Generally, when people see a negative quality in someone else, they fear that others can see that very same negative quality in them. They see "stupid" in ESFPs, instead of outgoing, friendly, enthusiastic, and energetic. Or perhaps, they talk about abstract subjects but aren't really secure that they know what they're talking about. When the supposedly stupid ESFP wants to talk about something else because the person talking about whatever the abstract topic of the day is seems to be rambling and confused, the ESFP is called "stupid."
A more confident person will see the gifts that the ESFP can offer the conversation and will let the conversation be free flowing.
We are creative, imaginative people who love our surroundings.
We have wonderful gifts that shine through to those who will look for them.
Best wishes to all.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love talking trash about this type!

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know about famous ESFPs. But as far as people I know go, ESFPs are definitely my favourite friends to hang out with and do stuff with. And the ones I know are not stupid. I could live without most types but I fucking love ESFPs.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In my experience ESFPs like to boss me around and try to change me, since I am not conforming to the social norms and fulfilling the societal obligations that they find so important, ESFP for me being the most judgemental of all the types, except possibly ESFJ.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my experience ESFPs like to boss me around and try to change me, since I am not conforming to the social norms and fulfilling the societal obligations that they find so important, ESFP for me being the most judgemental of all the types, except possibly ESFJ.

Err, wrong thread.