User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 75

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, probably Zelda Fitzgerald.

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    There's no reason to remove solar panels unless you're stupid.

    "Free, replenishable energy... What a bad idea."

    Even if by those late 70s standards, the panels weren't very efficient, it still had symbolic worth. Removing the symbol is stupid too.
    An ESFP has tertiary Te and inferior Ni (which in some ESxPs is more rejected than others) so in Reagan's mind, efficiency would be paramount and symbolism might even be viewed as completely unnecessary.

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Differences in viewpoint are not lack of intelligence, though.
    Also, aside from him prizing efficiency and rejecting symbolism, Reagan probably valued the political support of oil companies, even then.

    So he actually may have been keenly aware of the symbolism, but didn't like what it stood for, poltiically and fiscally.

    I don't think Reagan was stupid, he had to the tactical intelligence to practically switch mid-sentence to being friends with the USSR, even after being so ferociously anti-commie and all that, and helped end the Cold War.

    On the other hand, his "ketchup is a vegetable" thing was really ...in poor taste, not to mention scientifically incorrect.

  4. #24
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I like him too, but he was ENFJ.
    I sincerely doubt this. His Ni was used in a much too childlike manner. Star Wars? The Myth of the Welfare Queen? His Ni was primarily used for entertainment and story telling, which he unfortunately projected on to reality. Unrealistic, unscientific...is this why you think he was an NF?

  5. #25
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    There's no reason to remove solar panels unless you're stupid.

    "Free, replenishable energy... What a bad idea."

    Even if by those late 70s standards, the panels weren't very efficient, it still had symbolic worth. Removing the symbol is stupid too.
    All I can do is restate my "differences in viewpoint are not lack of intelligence." A person not recognizing value in something that you place value in does not make them stupid. And a few minutes of internet research shows that the solar panels were actually removed because they did some renovations to the roof in 1986, so Reagan may not have even known about it. He was busy on that whole arms for hostages stuff by then.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  6. #26
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    All I can do is restate my "differences in viewpoint are not lack of intelligence." A person not recognizing value in something that you place value in does not make them stupid. And a few minutes of internet research shows that the solar panels were actually removed because they did some renovations to the roof in 1986, so Reagan may not have even known about it. He was busy on that whole arms for hostages stuff by then.
    This isn't about values. It's about having a god sized ball of nuclear energy blazing in the sky.. the same ball that has fueled life on earth for billions of years. To write off technology that tries to utilize it as a power source is stupid. Even a child, who often has little if any political preconceptions, will see that. They'll just ask "Why?" Because as an idea on it's own it doesn't make sense.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    This is based purely on the ESFPs that I know but here it goes:

    I think they are stereotyped as "stupid" because they knowledge they value is not what the other types typically value. They seem more interested in skills and practical knowledge in contrast to NTs (who are typically given the stereotype of nerds/intellectuals) who are very much in the realm of the abstract. It's not that ESFPs don't/can't understand abstract concepts I think it's just doesn't always interest them or they don't find them worth daydreaming about when they're are things actually happening in the present. Also I think they are less concerned with people viewing them as intelligent. i think they are much more concerned with making people comfortable and having a good time. For example an INTP might ruin the mood at a party but arguing over a point where they know they are right while an ESFP might brush it off. I think there is a tendency for people to associate niceness with being stupid.

  8. #28
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,393

    Default

    I remember this Reagan debate. Talk about fast witty response.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPu1UIBkBc

    Mondale later said about this moment: "If TV can tell the truth, as you say it can, you'll see that I was smiling. But I think if you come in close, you'll see some tears coming down because I knew he had gotten me there. That was really the end of my campaign that night, I think. I told my wife the campaign was over, and it was"
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #29
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Speaking of cool politicians. Ann Richards

    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pvrvRT23is]/[/youtube]

  10. #30
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    One of my fav posts from an ESFP who stopped by the forum in 2009:

    I found this site while googling ESFP and registered so I could comment on this thread.

    I'm clearly an ESFP in real life, have in the past belonged to the IQ clubs Mensa and Intertel (top 2% and top 1%), and so far in college I've received straight A's (including in the so-called "N" classes such as English lit., philosophy, logic and math). My ex-boyfriend is clearly an ESTP and has a masters in civil engineering from Stanford University. Even though neither of us has the special N that seems to be needed for intelligence, we've managed to stumble through both our N and S classes.

    My husband is an INTJ, has a B.S. in math, and he turns to me for logic issues. I was the top student out of a class of 30 in my college logic class. And btw, that doesn't automatically mean I'm an NT, it means I prefer ESFP but have a higher IQ, per tests, than my husband. He has gifts stronger than mine in other areas, including carrying projects through to completion.

    Upon meeting me, the first impression is of someone bouncy, emotional, silly, always on the go -- the typical ESFP. It doesn't mean I'm not intelligent, it only means I don't use intelligence as my preferred way of dealing with the world -- I use Se and Fi, with the IQ-type of intelligence a secondary preference. I wonder how many so-called non-intelligent ESFPs are in the same situation I'm in -- showing one side, having the other hidden.

    Here's one example of a weakness... Though I can understand everything said, I can't, on my own, go as deeply into ideas as some N's when it comes to such subjects as English lit. I can keep up with the best when it comes to the precise meaning of a piece of literature, but that's it, after a few pages I've said what needs to be said and have trouble picking up on some of the nuances.

    I don't know what the average IQ is of ESFPs, but to look at them as stupid until proven intelligent is insulting to potentially millions of people.

    Anyway, nice to meet everyone -- or almost everyone.

Similar Threads

  1. [E4] hey E4s lets get some music going on this forum ;)
    By Bnova in forum Enneagram Type Profiles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2015, 09:11 AM
  2. [MBTItm] ESFP/ENFP - how to get the ESFP off the ENFP?
    By Twixt in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 06:37 AM
  3. [ESFP] Help from some ESFP females
    By Nameless in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 03:54 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 02:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO