User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    ESTPs are NOT less hyperactive than ESFPs. ESTPs are hyperactive and cool-headed, ESFPs are hyperactive and silly.
    Fair enough. I will submit to your greater knowledge of the details of the type.

No. It's just that ESTPs assert their logical views, while ESFPs assert their emotinal views. Making the ESTPs a more harsh with hard edge, more offending. ESFPs don't use logic to be offending and logically critical. But ESFPs know how to be assertive and bossy.
    Basically what I said...

Most are corrects. If not every. It's just that you are not tha good at typing, so you don't realize it.

The power of your logical reasoning overwhelms me. What on earth was I thinking?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Fair enough. I will submit to your greater knowledge of the details of the type.
    Good idea.

Basically what I said...
    You said ESFPs where circurmspect about asserting their views. But they are not really.

The power of your logical reasoning overwhelms me. What on earth was I thinking?
    The power of your reasoning is overhelming too since you showed nothing to prove your views.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Speed Gavroche
    you forgot Tina Turner. ESFP 8w9 Sx/So
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Speed Gavroche
    you forgot Tina Turner. ESFP 8w9 Sx/So
    I think she is ESTP, prefer to put her feelings apart and minimize the importance of love, but has a personal warmth (tertiary Fe), plus she's clearly In-Charge.

An ESFP would not sing a song like that:

[youtube=YqWkFF-TbMU]Tina Turner : What´s love got to do with it Music Video[/youtube]

"It's practical, only physical": ESTP. Not ESFP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The power of your reasoning is overhelming too since you showed nothing to prove your views.
    True, for the sake of brevity I did not go into mind-numbing detail when I expressed my difference in opinion (please forgive me, almighty god of Ti and all things nit-picky). And instead of asking for further details or engaging in a friendly debate, you shut down any chance of discussion and went straight for personal insults.

I really can't bothered with that sort of immaturity frankly.

INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    True, for the sake of brevity I did not go into mind-numbing detail when I expressed my difference in opinion (please forgive me, almighty god of Ti and all things nit-picky). And instead of asking for further details or engaging in a friendly debate, you shut down any chance of discussion and went straight for personal insults.

I really can't bothered with that sort of immaturity frankly.

Oh, come on... what would we do without such entertainment? Not everyone can dance and sing, so we just have to take what we can get.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    ESFPs have all of the worst trappings of the GtG interaction style, while ESTPs don't (they're In Charge.) That is, ESFPs can be manic, hyper, always flitting to-and-fro, and can seem like they have a need to constantly be moving around and socializing. ESTPs are, I think, more calm (which is probably what makes the worst of them more insidious and dangerous.)
    Yes, with the “people vs task” difference between the Styles, the “ChlorSan” will have more of a “don't call me; I'll call you” mindset (despite appearing to be very personable), where the pure Sanguine ESFP will be more approachable.

There's one celebrity I used to mention, who I thought was ESFP, and then realized was ESTP, but we've alread been through that Socionics VI debate. Suffice it to say, if you look really good at the personality, you'll see she's really a Thinking type, and for a female, the tertiary Fe will be very prominent making her look like an ESFJ when going purely by function-“use”, but she's really a classic ESTP with an easily missable Ti preference.
    (From what I'm seeing, the Ti does generally seem to be hard to see in ESTP's because it gets drowned out by the Se, and esp. in females, Fe, so yes, they may look like ESFP's. Interaction Styles then becomes the easier way to tell them apart).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    STP

Metro vs Jock
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

In my opinion ESTPs are more about raw power. ESFPs are more about "soft" power. ESTPs like physical manifestation of power, sexuality, and dominance such as guns, cars, and women whereas ESFPs in my opinion are more calculating and prefer power that is indirect, but just as effective such as social influence by being attractive or the centre of the group, behind the scenes manipulation, and currying favor with the influential. To me, the difference between them is night and day.

They can often behave similarly based on different rationales however. Ie. the narco drug lord. To me, a personage like Alexander the Great is more ESTP whereas an ESFP perhaps would be more like a ... to be honest I have not thought about politically famous ESFPs in antiquity. Maybe I'll think of one in a bit.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

ESFPs tend to be more genuine(Fi?) and easygoing(informative style?)

Hope Solo

ESTPs tend to be more deliberate(Fe?) and bold(directive style?)

Misty May Treanor