• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Ask The SP Wizard!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kobe, when you growing the Fro again? Things just aren't the same.

Kobe never will grow the frow again, because although he was a basketball wizard of great skill, that power is very quickly beginning to wane at his fingertips. The fro symbolizes the crackle of magic power.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
The obvious path is humble, safe, but pays the wage of a cook, not a champion. Examine your world from all angles and you will see the interconnectedness of all things. Even that which is humble can be the key to greater things. On the martial arts, the pride, perfection and achievement of an individual are represented in many ways: the honing of the mind, civic achievements, and glory gained for the empire, the development of the spirit and one’s inner energies, and the training of the body. Through the body the practitioner imposes his will upon himself and, through that, upon the universe. Through use of his body, the martial artist achieves transcendence and strength, overcoming all obstacles, both physical and spiritual. You must focus your mind and learn from your surroundings constantly. The lesson of perception may be the greatest goal.

So...observe more before I react?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So...observe more before I react?

Indeed, as it is proved in the quantum theory that the very act of observing the universe causes its wave function to collapse and brings its form into causation. Obervations can also be made in introspection.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool, a witchy/wizardy thread in every temperament forum is on its way!

W

WALMART

So do you believe there exists in the world non-duality? The middle way, perhaps?

KDude

I used to think he was, but he's a bigger hardass than I could be. I don't think I'd play with him.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like to take radical positions on the internet to achieve all the attention and glory of the present moment I can, and even though the attention will come and go, in the future I will look back and see success.

Hey, I already do that! Get a different hobby! :D

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So do you believe there exists in the world non-duality? The middle way, perhaps?

Yes and there is also a way without a middle altogether, like if you compare 2 completely unrelated fields such as computers and stars, as they are not the same thing but they are not opposites either, hence the concept of duality is utterly and completely destroyed! True freedom lies in the no way and middle way.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree, and I have theories about this. I think:
NF's are more concerned with harmony, both inner and outer, and personal and meaningful connections with divine beings.
NT's like the holistic approach to understanding truth, free from dogma.
SP's tend to like the connection with the physical world, and how magic is manifested in it, and they emphasize beauty.
SJ's like the stability of ritual and tradition carried through the ages, and the grounding they feel from nature.

makes sense

I agree with this list completely and indeed in my signature the very first quote is about Man's most complete triumph over the physical world like an SP wizard!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Duality is suffering because when two sides are in conflict there is never peace, so one must tanscend light and dark and become one with the all, rather than one side to achieve full master of all life forces.

That sounds like conflicting pair

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes and there is also a way without a middle altogether, like if you compare 2 completely unrelated fields such as computers and stars, as they are not the same thing but they are not opposites either, hence the concept of duality is utterly and completely destroyed! True freedom lies in the no way and middle way.

But what if you use the computer to analyze the stars and the sun to power the computer?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But what if you use the computer to analyze the stars and the sun to power the computer?

Then they are in a cause and effect relationship, and indeed, willpower is the cause of magic, which is the effect upon the phsycial world. With inanimate objects interacting with each other though, the first mover or the cause produces a force or an effect, an equal and opposite reaction, so in a sense it is duality, so my intitial perception was wrong, as indeed we now see they do have a dual relationship, cause and effect, equal and opposite, yin and yang, a Tao.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Then they are in a cause and effect relationship, and indeed, willpower is the cause of magic, which is the effect upon the phsycial world. With inanimate objects interacting with each other though, the first mover or the cause produces a force or an effect, an equal and opposite reaction, so in a sense it is duality, so my intitial perception was wrong, as indeed we now see they do have a dual relationship, cause and effect, equal and opposite, yin and yang, a Tao.

But what if...

Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past.
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable.
What might have been is an abstraction
Remaining a perpetual possibility
Only in a world of speculation.
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But what if...

Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past.
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable.
What might have been is an abstraction
Remaining a perpetual possibility
Only in a world of speculation.
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present.

I as a young wizard have yet to divine all the secrets of time, but in the future, perhaps as time passes the nature of time will become clear, as with great age comes great wisdom, and yes I agree all events in the time continuum coexist with each other if looked at from a higher perspective, the present moment being all that is and shaping all that will be.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How would you feel if the ultimate purpose was for the universe to reach downwards instead of the individual reaching upwards. How would you feel if you found the ultimate goal in the universe is to live a mundane life, to think and do mundane things?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How would you feel if the ultimate purpose was for the universe to reach downwards instead of the individual reaching upwards. How would you feel if you found the ultimate goal in the universe is to live a mundane life, to think and do mundane things?

Then the universe is evil and needs to either be reprogrammed or destroyed and a new one made from its death. To do so we would need to find what artificial intelligence calls the ghost in the machine, in this case a kink in the wheelwork of nature, and if the universe is evil it is not perfect, and if it is not perfect it has flaws we or an advanced civilization could one day correct with a higher force of knowledge.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Then the universe is evil and needs to either be reprogrammed or destroyed and a new one made from its death. To do so we would need to find what artificial intelligence calls the ghost in the machine, in this case a kink in the wheelwork of nature, and if the universe is evil it is not perfect, and if it is not perfect it has flaws we or an advanced civilization could one day correct with a higher force of knowledge.

Ahh, interesting. Well, I believe this is to be the case. Get cracking!

jewelluckystar05

MBTI Type
ESTP
Wow, I've never seen auras or anything like that, but sometimes I get an almost eerie and abnormal happy, peaceful feeling when its one of those days that starts out perfectly normal, then something goes to heck, yesterday was one of those days like the ground felt still like it does before those nasty storms so I thought forecast didn't call for rain today and ignored it, then there was a change in plans due to something minor going to heck someplace else. Sometimes if it relates directly to me, it feels calm for a few days to a week before I get bad news relating to myself, I don't usually like plan my whole day around those hunches or anything that drastic, but usually I take it as a hunch to look before I leap when it comes to taking on new personal projects and to finish what I start first and to not fix what isn't broken by being swayed by every impulse to kick stuff up a notch until that feeling passes.

estp