• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Do you find ESTPs charming?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Nope. And believe me, if you were female you probably would. Especially if you were 16 at the time.

My old boss was EXACTLY like this. He had natural charisma, he was an ex MMA fighter, was ex-military and used to do "spec-ops", was a professional entrepreneur and salesman, and used to be a ballroom dance instructor. He was an ESTP and his tritype was 8w7, 7w8, 3w4 SO/SP. The guy was like a mix between "James Bond" and "Frank Sinatra". He was the kind of guy that would go into a bar and would come out with the perfect 10 women that everyone else were afraid to even talk to. This guy was a trip man.

jewelluckystar05

MBTI Type
ESTP
Lol!!! I won't lie... it depends on who you ask. I've been told I'm charming for being articulate and intellectually curious about a variety of topics and sometimes amused by anything, while others it makes them think here we go again. Ironically, there's a few that see through my more serious side that tends to get lost in thought straight away like ones who read a lot/took drama, etc so I have a friend or two I haven't actually seen in years that its like we never stopped talking when we got back in touch.

Sun in Capricorn
Moon in Scorpio

anime element on classic element quizzes- Fire/non-classic element- tied on darkness/light

PJWakt

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been told many times that I have a silver tongue, but I've also been called tactless by a lot of people. I've also been told that I am good at chairing meetings, because I manage to draw out contributions from everyone, even those who did not think they had anything to say. I'm not sure if contributors are charmed into feeling more involved, or if it's more about plugging into the resources of individuals through being highly aware of their skill sets. Maybe that aspect is not very ESTP, maybe I move into ESFP slightly for those situations.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Exceedingly so. I hope to catch and trap one day :devil:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course I can't verify the typing on all the people from my experience, but my impression is that ESTPs can be a bit intense and extremely direct. IRL they have tended to like me well enough because my entire vibe is pretty down-to-earth. My impression is that ESTPs have an interplay of direct, earthy genuineness and pragmatic artifice. They are pretty good at sizing people up, and sometimes test people by shocking them and watching their responses.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You said ESTJ just before.
That lack of consistency does not play in your favor.
Meryl S is earthy and sensual: S. She's logical and have nor probleme putting things over people: T. She is goofy, open-minded and improvising: EP.
So she is ESTP.Same for Madonna. Is she structure oriented? Or logistic oriented? No. So they are ESTP.
Same for Sandra Bernhard. Madonna and Sandra B are both ESTPs. They're so similar, no doubt they gave the same type.
[youtube=qUOLRa5EQpw]Sandra Bernhard and Madonna on Late Night with David Letterman 1988--Part 2[/youtube]
What kind of ESTP would mimic being a lesbian couple just to provoke, attract and entertain the audience? Rethoric question.
Others examples of female ESTPs are Milla Jovovich, Sasha Grey, Amy Winehouse and Norma Desmond:
[youtube=1-pnon4hZeQ]Milla Jovovich on Live with Regis and Kathie Lee in 1991 [/youtube]
[youtube=YZ6zPch9fMM]Sasha Grey[/youtube]
[youtube=t6kWDfPzqO4]Amy Winehouse interview ITV.com 2007[/youtube]
[youtube=yLGeRV1u8aY]Amy Winehouse Interview (La Semaine 2007)[/youtube]
[youtube=5-VypWecJzI]Norma Desmond[/youtube]
Sharon Stone is ENFP, I think.

in my opinion, most of your analysis relies too heavily on external indicators. as far as typology systems are concerned, I think Socionics would be more your cup of tea than MBTI
@OP no, I do not. I think most of them try to be charming to get stuff out of you (and this works on most people), but their petty little Fe tricks do not work on me, as they usually depend on me reciprocating a certain way, which I usually don't.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
. If you are someone they respect or care for, they'll do most anything for you.

True story, but i feel like it takes forever to get there...it took me almost seven years to get that loyalty

I just had a friend staying for a few days who I think is probably ESTP. I previously thought she was ESFP but I'm suspecting ESTP; not being able to refuse a dare, and being self-described "emotionally detached" (after having had more boyfriends than it is possible for me to comprehend, and being married and divorced) make me think that, among other things. She really seems like my complete opposite/flip side - which I think is partly why we have fun together and get along well and in some strange ways really relate.

Sounds like an ESTP

I don't think ESTPs are necessarily charming though they certainly could be. But I do think they almost always have charisma and a magnetic pull. This friend is, in all honesty (though it will sound totally vain) significantly less good-looking than I am - but she also has men running after her in a way that I never ever will - seems she can snap her fingers and they'll come. :laugh:

exactly

Ironically, there's a few that see through my more serious side that tends to get lost in thought straight away like ones who read a lot/took drama, etc so I have a friend or two I haven't actually seen in years that its like we never stopped talking when we got back in touch.

I love estp's for their loyalty, but this serious side mentioned, frankly pisses me off - every estp i've met does this...i'm assuming they are all immature though because I don't find the seriousness to be all that serious...a better word would be overly focused/self centered.

example:

Estp is reading a book or searching on the internet.
any other person(loved one or not) starts talking to them...
estp just starts saying yes mmmhmm, yea, sure, and has a whole convo...but doesn't actually soak it in or listen or care at all.

I don't have any patience for this...say hold on..or say in an hour...or talk to me later...I find it a little self centered that EVERY ONE of them i've met does this... especially when one is your boss, or best freind, or subordinate...terrible...so I guess it may be the price i have to pay for loyalty...but i have not seen an estp not be in their own world almost on a shallow level...hence the reason i no longer hangout with my old best friend, quit my job with that boss, and somehow don't work with the subordinate anymore thank goodness.

I feel like if they were a family memeber it would be the only way to really get past that shallow act, because they are rediculously loving to thier family which i do admire.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Estp is reading a book or searching on the internet.
any other person(loved one or not) starts talking to them...
estp just starts saying yes mmmhmm, yea, sure, and has a whole convo...but doesn't actually soak it in or listen or care at all.

This sounds like something every Ti user may be guilty of. :unsure: It can be really difficult for us to transition out of Ti world, even to say something like "One sec". I bet it's harder for ExTPs since they're not in that world as often as IxTPs. But that's just a guess.

As far as the OP goes, yes, ESTPs can be pretty damn charming, especially to the opposite sex (or whoever they're flirting with :tongue:). Although "charming" may not be the exact word I'm thinking of... They're really good at finding rapport with people they want to connect with. It's just that easy swagger and laid-back "whatever" attitude that makes them so damn likeable. I can't think of one person that hasn't liked one of my ESTP friends when they met him. Dom Se and Tertiary Fe is pretty killer.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This sounds like something every Ti user may be guilty of. :unsure: It can be really difficult for us to transition out of Ti world, even to say something like "One sec". I bet it's harder for ExTPs since they're not in that world as often as IxTPs. But that's just a guess.
As far as the OP goes, yes, ESTPs can be pretty damn charming, especially to the opposite sex (or whoever they're flirting with :tongue:). Although "charming" may not be the exact word I'm thinking of... They're really good at finding rapport with people they want to connect with. It's just that easy swagger and laid-back "whatever" attitude that makes them so damn likeable. I can't think of one person that hasn't liked one of my ESTP friends when they met him. Dom Se and Tertiary Fe is pretty killer.

This is awesome to know! I try not to get impatient with people as much as I used to and if this happens next time I can just be like "Oh look they're using their Ti" in an objective manner instead of "Dammit why aren't they using their Fe!?!?" and taking it personally lol thank you :) I dated an ISTP and don't remember them doing that at all..and that must be because they get to use it more, sounds awesome. Actually he is the only person that has used Ti primarily that i've really enjoyed the company of. Ti stresses me right out ha ha but I guess he was good with that and Se.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you think about? :gleam:

I talk about males ESTP and females ESTP, of course.

Of course they're charming.

Se-doms can be a bit overwhelming to hang out with after awhile, though. They're scattered, like an Ni-dom, but in a totally different way, and eventually one tires out the other. I tend to collect ESTP friends, but hang out with vastly more of their introverted brethren.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course they're charming.

Se-doms can be a bit overwhelming to hang out with after awhile, though. They're scattered, like an Ni-dom, but in a totally different way, and eventually one tires out the other. I tend to collect ESTP friends, but hang out with vastly more of their introverted brethren.

By the introverted brethren of ESTPs I am assuming you mean ISTPs which I hope you do mean since we ISTPs are such epically awesome people and even though we are almost your opposite type at least we have the same functions albeit in a different order!

As far as ESTPs go I do indeed find them very charming and in fact ESTP is my very favorite type since you people are such radical rebels against the stupid multitudes and their dogma!

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
ESTPs are charming.

I honed my skills by emulating them growing up.

I don't usually get along with ExTPs, but that said, one of the most charming guys I've ever known was an ESTP. We used to hang out a lot and became quite close, but then he started getting all weird and stuff, and finally had to be sent off to rehab. Haven't talked to him since.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I rarely like or enjoy the company of Extps. There are some I really like though, but only very few.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't usually get along with them but I was very close to one for a long time. Kinda grew up with him. Later it became something else. He could get in and out of trouble so fast it was just incredible. He had this quicksilver mind that was fascinating. It was upsetting to see him care so much about impressing people, contorting himself to make an impact. I don't know...he had a totally messed up home life. I was pretty much his only friend.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is my favorite ESTP anecdote.

My former brother-in-law was a pretty hard-core ESTP. When he was a teenager he saw a couple of kids bullying another kid who was mentally disabled. He walked up, said nothing, slammed the two bullies heads together really hard, and then walked away.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tend to have really strong reactions to ESTPs. I either love them or can't stand them. I've never found any of them charming though. It would make sense to me if a lot of other people found them charming though.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
My ESTP is adventurous and funny. I fell in love with the way he loves his family and does so much to help them.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in my opinion, most of your analysis relies too heavily on external indicators. as far as typology systems are concerned, I think Socionics would be more your cup of tea than MBTI

You have to look at the external behaviors to find the MBTI. Or in this case I could present any objective evidence of the ESTP type of Meryl Streep, people would still say "YEAH, YEAH, BUT SHE IS AN INFJ IN HER MIND!!", so it would be pointless to argue, since Meryl S will be an INFJ anyway, just because they've decided it.

Anyway, just a little analysis of Meryl Streep's mind is necessary to understand that she is clearly a Thinker. Not a Feeler by any means.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think she's ESTP. ESTP women are loud and sensual, even if they don't say much. They have just as much swagger as men. Asia Argento, Madonna, Mae West, Sharon Stone, Brody Dalle, Michelle Rodriguez are ESTPs. Meryl Streep is cool, but I don't see how she fits.

Meryl Streep is loud and sensual.