MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Of course they're charming.

Se-doms can be a bit overwhelming to hang out with after awhile, though. They're scattered, like an Ni-dom, but in a totally different way, and eventually one tires out the other. I tend to collect ESTP friends, but hang out with vastly more of their introverted brethren.
    By the introverted brethren of ESTPs I am assuming you mean ISTPs which I hope you do mean since we ISTPs are such epically awesome people and even though we are almost your opposite type at least we have the same functions albeit in a different order!

As far as ESTPs go I do indeed find them very charming and in fact ESTP is my very favorite type since you people are such radical rebels against the stupid multitudes and their dogma!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

ESTPs are charming.

I honed my skills by emulating them growing up.

I don't usually get along with ExTPs, but that said, one of the most charming guys I've ever known was an ESTP. We used to hang out a lot and became quite close, but then he started getting all weird and stuff, and finally had to be sent off to rehab. Haven't talked to him since.

figsfiggyfigs

I rarely like or enjoy the company of Extps. There are some I really like though, but only very few.
    Likes Alassea liked this post

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't usually get along with them but I was very close to one for a long time. Kinda grew up with him. Later it became something else. He could get in and out of trouble so fast it was just incredible. He had this quicksilver mind that was fascinating. It was upsetting to see him care so much about impressing people, contorting himself to make an impact. I don't know...he had a totally messed up home life. I was pretty much his only friend.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This is my favorite ESTP anecdote.

My former brother-in-law was a pretty hard-core ESTP. When he was a teenager he saw a couple of kids bullying another kid who was mentally disabled. He walked up, said nothing, slammed the two bullies heads together really hard, and then walked away.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

I tend to have really strong reactions to ESTPs. I either love them or can't stand them. I've never found any of them charming though. It would make sense to me if a lot of other people found them charming though.
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."

MBTI
    eNFJ

My ESTP is adventurous and funny. I fell in love with the way he loves his family and does so much to help them.
    - MB

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    in my opinion, most of your analysis relies too heavily on external indicators. as far as typology systems are concerned, I think Socionics would be more your cup of tea than MBTI
    You have to look at the external behaviors to find the MBTI. Or in this case I could present any objective evidence of the ESTP type of Meryl Streep, people would still say "YEAH, YEAH, BUT SHE IS AN INFJ IN HER MIND!!", so it would be pointless to argue, since Meryl S will be an INFJ anyway, just because they've decided it.

Anyway, just a little analysis of Meryl Streep's mind is necessary to understand that she is clearly a Thinker. Not a Feeler by any means.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't think she's ESTP. ESTP women are loud and sensual, even if they don't say much. They have just as much swagger as men. Asia Argento, Madonna, Mae West, Sharon Stone, Brody Dalle, Michelle Rodriguez are ESTPs. Meryl Streep is cool, but I don't see how she fits.
    Meryl Streep is loud and sensual.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan