User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Nope. And believe me, if you were female you probably would. Especially if you were 16 at the time.
    My old boss was EXACTLY like this. He had natural charisma, he was an ex MMA fighter, was ex-military and used to do "spec-ops", was a professional entrepreneur and salesman, and used to be a ballroom dance instructor. He was an ESTP and his tritype was 8w7, 7w8, 3w4 SO/SP. The guy was like a mix between "James Bond" and "Frank Sinatra". He was the kind of guy that would go into a bar and would come out with the perfect 10 women that everyone else were afraid to even talk to. This guy was a trip man.

MBTI
    ESTP

Lol!!! I won't lie... it depends on who you ask. I've been told I'm charming for being articulate and intellectually curious about a variety of topics and sometimes amused by anything, while others it makes them think here we go again. Ironically, there's a few that see through my more serious side that tends to get lost in thought straight away like ones who read a lot/took drama, etc so I have a friend or two I haven't actually seen in years that its like we never stopped talking when we got back in touch.

Sun in Capricorn
    Moon in Scorpio

anime element on classic element quizzes- Fire/non-classic element- tied on darkness/light

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so

I've been told many times that I have a silver tongue, but I've also been called tactless by a lot of people. I've also been told that I am good at chairing meetings, because I manage to draw out contributions from everyone, even those who did not think they had anything to say. I'm not sure if contributors are charmed into feeling more involved, or if it's more about plugging into the resources of individuals through being highly aware of their skill sets. Maybe that aspect is not very ESTP, maybe I move into ESFP slightly for those situations.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Exceedingly so. I hope to catch and trap one day
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Of course I can't verify the typing on all the people from my experience, but my impression is that ESTPs can be a bit intense and extremely direct. IRL they have tended to like me well enough because my entire vibe is pretty down-to-earth. My impression is that ESTPs have an interplay of direct, earthy genuineness and pragmatic artifice. They are pretty good at sizing people up, and sometimes test people by shocking them and watching their responses.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You said ESTJ just before.
    That lack of consistency does not play in your favor.
    Meryl S is earthy and sensual: S. She's logical and have nor probleme putting things over people: T. She is goofy, open-minded and improvising: EP.
    So she is ESTP.Same for Madonna. Is she structure oriented? Or logistic oriented? No. So they are ESTP.
    Same for Sandra Bernhard. Madonna and Sandra B are both ESTPs. They're so similar, no doubt they gave the same type.
    [youtube=qUOLRa5EQpw]Sandra Bernhard and Madonna on Late Night with David Letterman 1988--Part 2[/youtube]
    What kind of ESTP would mimic being a lesbian couple just to provoke, attract and entertain the audience? Rethoric question.
    Others examples of female ESTPs are Milla Jovovich, Sasha Grey, Amy Winehouse and Norma Desmond:
    [youtube=1-pnon4hZeQ]Milla Jovovich on Live with Regis and Kathie Lee in 1991 [/youtube]
    [youtube=YZ6zPch9fMM]Sasha Grey[/youtube]
    [youtube=t6kWDfPzqO4]Amy Winehouse interview ITV.com 2007[/youtube]
    [youtube=yLGeRV1u8aY]Amy Winehouse Interview (La Semaine 2007)[/youtube]
    [youtube=5-VypWecJzI]Norma Desmond[/youtube]
    Sharon Stone is ENFP, I think.
    in my opinion, most of your analysis relies too heavily on external indicators. as far as typology systems are concerned, I think Socionics would be more your cup of tea than MBTI
    @OP no, I do not. I think most of them try to be charming to get stuff out of you (and this works on most people), but their petty little Fe tricks do not work on me, as they usually depend on me reciprocating a certain way, which I usually don't.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    . If you are someone they respect or care for, they'll do most anything for you.
    True story, but i feel like it takes forever to get there...it took me almost seven years to get that loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I just had a friend staying for a few days who I think is probably ESTP. I previously thought she was ESFP but I'm suspecting ESTP; not being able to refuse a dare, and being self-described "emotionally detached" (after having had more boyfriends than it is possible for me to comprehend, and being married and divorced) make me think that, among other things. She really seems like my complete opposite/flip side - which I think is partly why we have fun together and get along well and in some strange ways really relate.

Sounds like an ESTP

I don't think ESTPs are necessarily charming though they certainly could be. But I do think they almost always have charisma and a magnetic pull. This friend is, in all honesty (though it will sound totally vain) significantly less good-looking than I am - but she also has men running after her in a way that I never ever will - seems she can snap her fingers and they'll come.
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by jewelluckystar05 View Post
    Ironically, there's a few that see through my more serious side that tends to get lost in thought straight away like ones who read a lot/took drama, etc so I have a friend or two I haven't actually seen in years that its like we never stopped talking when we got back in touch.
    I love estp's for their loyalty, but this serious side mentioned, frankly pisses me off - every estp i've met does this...i'm assuming they are all immature though because I don't find the seriousness to be all that serious...a better word would be overly focused/self centered.

example:

Estp is reading a book or searching on the internet.
    any other person(loved one or not) starts talking to them...
    estp just starts saying yes mmmhmm, yea, sure, and has a whole convo...but doesn't actually soak it in or listen or care at all.

I don't have any patience for this...say hold on..or say in an hour...or talk to me later...I find it a little self centered that EVERY ONE of them i've met does this... especially when one is your boss, or best freind, or subordinate...terrible...so I guess it may be the price i have to pay for loyalty...but i have not seen an estp not be in their own world almost on a shallow level...hence the reason i no longer hangout with my old best friend, quit my job with that boss, and somehow don't work with the subordinate anymore thank goodness.

I feel like if they were a family memeber it would be the only way to really get past that shallow act, because they are rediculously loving to thier family which i do admire.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Estp is reading a book or searching on the internet.
    any other person(loved one or not) starts talking to them...
    estp just starts saying yes mmmhmm, yea, sure, and has a whole convo...but doesn't actually soak it in or listen or care at all.
    This sounds like something every Ti user may be guilty of. It can be really difficult for us to transition out of Ti world, even to say something like "One sec". I bet it's harder for ExTPs since they're not in that world as often as IxTPs. But that's just a guess.

As far as the OP goes, yes, ESTPs can be pretty damn charming, especially to the opposite sex (or whoever they're flirting with ). Although "charming" may not be the exact word I'm thinking of... They're really good at finding rapport with people they want to connect with. It's just that easy swagger and laid-back "whatever" attitude that makes them so damn likeable. I can't think of one person that hasn't liked one of my ESTP friends when they met him. Dom Se and Tertiary Fe is pretty killer.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    This sounds like something every Ti user may be guilty of. It can be really difficult for us to transition out of Ti world, even to say something like "One sec". I bet it's harder for ExTPs since they're not in that world as often as IxTPs. But that's just a guess.
    As far as the OP goes, yes, ESTPs can be pretty damn charming, especially to the opposite sex (or whoever they're flirting with ). Although "charming" may not be the exact word I'm thinking of... They're really good at finding rapport with people they want to connect with. It's just that easy swagger and laid-back "whatever" attitude that makes them so damn likeable. I can't think of one person that hasn't liked one of my ESTP friends when they met him. Dom Se and Tertiary Fe is pretty killer.
    This is awesome to know! I try not to get impatient with people as much as I used to and if this happens next time I can just be like "Oh look they're using their Ti" in an objective manner instead of "Dammit why aren't they using their Fe!?!?" and taking it personally lol thank you I dated an ISTP and don't remember them doing that at all..and that must be because they get to use it more, sounds awesome. Actually he is the only person that has used Ti primarily that i've really enjoyed the company of. Ti stresses me right out ha ha but I guess he was good with that and Se.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    What do you think about?

I talk about males ESTP and females ESTP, of course.
    Of course they're charming.

Se-doms can be a bit overwhelming to hang out with after awhile, though. They're scattered, like an Ni-dom, but in a totally different way, and eventually one tires out the other. I tend to collect ESTP friends, but hang out with vastly more of their introverted brethren.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.