User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: The Best Tools

Why is this thread here anyways? I kind of want to say that an SP association with tools (in the fixit sense) is a little offbase. The tool assocation (like in the case of ISTPs being called "crafter") is meant to illustrate extending oneself with just about any object. Tools in the caveman (or cavewoman) sense. Having a tacit relation to objects, and relating their uses to a situation in creative ways. Talking about just chainsaws and screwdrivers is being too literal. One could be into those things, but maybe they just have a relationship with a guitar. Keith Richards calls his guitar a machine. Or maybe they're Chuck Yeager. A skateboarder might go out for hours alone, and relate to a plank of wood like it's his best friend. If he said the wrench he uses to tighten his trucks is his favorite tool, that'd be wrong. The skateboard is his favorite tool.

MBTI
    XXFP

oh, and rhino or anyone else, you might like this set from gearwrench. it's stuff you could get yourself separate but nicely organized. kinda like that first set shown in op.

i really like the assortment of socket sizes, 8-14mm, 5/16-9/16", these really fit into the small stuff i encounter most, plus sae allen's, torx, square, phil and slots. the wrench (ratcheting) comes in handy when you have to get into somethingto with low clearance .

i added a magnetic bit driver and 1/4" adapter and can chuck it all into a drill/impact.

35 piece micro driver.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Dammit.

I was gonna say snap on.
    Their wrenches and screwdrivers are worth investing in. I have two small baby flat heads that I abuse (pry bar/keeper opener of small areas) and they haven't broken. Oh. Honorable mention goes to my multi-meter and Internet search engine Google. Best tool ever.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Their wrenches and screwdrivers are worth investing in. I have two small baby flat heads that I abuse (pry bar/keeper opener of small areas) and they haven't broken. Oh. Honorable mention goes to my multi-meter and Internet search engine Google. Best tool ever.
    i've been eyeing the wera chisel drivers and similar variants from felo and wiha for similar abuse.

Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

My favorite tool is a sewing awl. My second favorite tool is Rachel Maddow. My third favorite tool(and most often used) is a small skeleton knife. All types use tools, even GIRL and HOBO.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I used to be an electrician. I tend to prefer Klein stuff except their tape measures. I also liked DeWalt drills, Ryobis are pieces of shit. I can go into much more detail if you like. My personal favorite was the machine for threading rigid conduit. I loved the viscosity of the oil on my skin contrasted with the sun on my skin and the dust in the air. It was a very gritty manly kind of experience.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    i've been eyeing the wera chisel drivers and similar variants from felo and wiha for similar abuse.

Wiha makes good stuff. Most all German stuff is well-made.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It's nice to have an assortment of screwdrivers for all those odd security bolts. But anything can be opened eventually with a Dremel with a cutting disk and a flathead scredriver. Dremel magic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Legit. These things have gotten me out of some sticky situations.

MBTI
    STP

It PWNS all other tools
    Im out, its been fun