• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP Subtypes

Which are you?

• Sophia Coppola

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • James Dean

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Couch Potato

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Eminem

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

wolfy

awsm
Doubt many isfp would relate to it. I am SLI. Majority of isfp are SEI.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Descriptions of Fi and Se subtypes of ISFPs: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/14-Type-and-subtype-descriptions-Meged-Ovcharov

You have to read under ISFj/ESI because that's their Fi-Se type.
There are extended descriptions in commentary to that article, however, you have to be signed in to that forum to see them.

Nope, ESI sounds a lot like an ISTJ I know. Probably ISFJ and ISTJ would relate to it the most. It seems pretty dang perfect to describe him it's crazy. I have a hard time picturing many Jungian or Keirsey ISFPs relating to the ESI description.

This is probably me:

HARMONIZER (Fe-ISFp)
They appear alive, emotional and free in their dialogue. They are able to easily string together lines of dialogue while willingly paying compliments; this ease carries a shade of familiarity. Shyness can be overcome by playful remarks; they easily speak ironically in a serious/valid tone. They often joke and can speak even of unpleasant things with a smile, but they are sure not to offend the person; they are precautionary and careful. At times they are impatient and restless, from time to time they quarrel with others but are easily appeased and forgiving. Usually optimistic; like to give and receive pleasure; often gives people compliments and often renders various services; are able to cheer up and encourage others. Seem serene for they are prone to hide negative emotions from strangers/simple acquaintances. They speak quickly and confidently, at times categorically, with imperative intonations. Appears noticeable and quick, at times significant; movements are assured and graceful but a little bit gusty.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What I don't understand about Socionics is that they give the SEE (Se/Fi) type more similar characteristics to the SEI (Si/Fe) type, the flirtatious, jokey nature and gusty movements and rapid speech and possible quarrelsomeness particularly if they are SEE-Fi or SEI-Fe.

I love how SEI/SEE descriptions often actually name my hobbies, too, like cooking, health, information gathering, and animals (SEI) and writing, literature, and dancing/gymnastics (SEE). I relate to a little of both, I have some of the self-love and fieriness of the SEE, though I do relate a lot to the SEI descriptions, especially SEI-Fe, who seems more expressive and quick than the softer, quieter SEI-Si.

The ESI/ISFj is actually described as "austere" and "highly ordered" though "inwardly emotionally wounded" I'm really not sure how this would correspond to ISFP at all aside from potential for inner-woundedness, it sounds like a very cold, exacting person, a feeler who borders on appearing like a thinker - which is one of the reasons why it fits the ISTJ I know so well, he has high Fi.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I don't understand about Socionics is that they give the SEE (Se/Fi) type more similar characteristics to the SEI (Si/Fe) type, the flirtatious, jokey nature and gusty movements and rapid speech and possible quarrelsomeness particularly if they are SEE-Fi or SEI-Fe.

I love how SEI/SEE descriptions often actually name my hobbies, too, like cooking, health, information gathering, and animals (SEI) and writing, literature, and dancing/gymnastics (SEE). I relate to a little of both, I have some of the self-love and fieriness of the SEE, though I do relate a lot to the SEI descriptions, especially SEI-Fe, who seems more expressive and quick than the softer, quieter SEI-Si.

The ESI/ISFj is actually described as "austere" and "highly ordered" though "inwardly emotionally wounded" I'm really not sure how this would correspond to ISFP at all aside from potential for inner-woundedness, it sounds like a very cold, exacting person, a feeler who borders on appearing like a thinker - which is one of the reasons why it fits the ISTJ I know so well, he has high Fi.

Well the thing about SEE/SEI is that they are both stll XSFp, the dichotomies matter somewhat when it comes to on the surface stuff, like you're describing. But SEI and SEE couldn't be any more different other than that.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
That Hedonist description from the link above sounds like me, waddle, waddle, waddle.