User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which are you?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sophia Coppola

    2 16.67%
  • James Dean

    6 50.00%
  • Couch Potato

    4 33.33%
  • Eminem

    2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: ISFP Subtypes

  1. #31
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm not ISFP, but I am definitely a hippie. I'm thinking my friend is actually ISFP and not INFP now. He doesn't seem to be as concerned with aesthetics as the type says, but he's much too cynical and misanthropic to look much like INFP. And he's not analytical or intellectual enough to be INTP. He's an artist and doesn't really care about much, and isn't all that ambitious. But he is kind of a crazy "what if" type as well. What do you think?
    Se types can ask "what if" too, but it tends not to be as outrageous, and has more connection to the world around them or at least to concrete facts. Ne types supposedly look at EVERYTHING for what it has the potentiality to be instead of what it actually is.

    I don't know your friend, though. That's a really short description. From the Keirsey description, though, a cynical artist who was a misanthrope would more likely be an ISFP. I can't say what your friend's functions are at all.

  2. #32
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Cool. Yeah I know it's a short description; I wondered if specific questions might triggered which you would ask. He's really silly and draws comic book characters a lot. And he likes to argue outrageous things just for the sake of it. Which is usually an INTP thing, but like I said he really doesn't strike me as one because he's not into impersonal decisions and logic. He's kind of a conspiracy theorist. He says he's a hedonist and likes listening to vinyl records. He's kind of a hipster. More random things.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    I went with James Dean... while I definitely have an artistic side... It's not as pronounced (as I'd like it to be)... However, my sensitive and rebellious side is in high gear.


  4. #34
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Not sure. Some FP. Just especially going back to school now I think I maybe do use N a lot more than I had thought. That is how I learn best by relating everything together, to what I know from real life and to other concepts in the text or in lecture or in lab. But then again the S/N has always seemed so vague to me, doesn't any grown adult use both anyway?
    Hey I know you're in your late 20's, and this sounds like you may be using tertiary Ni. These descriptions of Ni really ring true with me, and this sounds like you're describing the way you learn, re:

    Ni is seeing connections between things that concretely (or logically) have no discernible connection. We see separateness as an illusion, and try to link our world together by understanding the unseen influences that govern this world.
    In fact I tend to strive to collect facts or have experiences (Se) and then probe the underlying connections or meaning, I do this a lot with studying history, cultures, politics, and so forth.

    It's one of the reasons why I like those subjects, I guess, is because I'm putting fact or experience first, and then seeing into how they're all connected.

    It's not like Si linking at all, it's more like Ni seeing what is fundamentally the same structurally between two supposedly opposing things (like libertarianism and communism, as one example).

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...17#post1905717

  5. #35
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Since Lord Elfboy decided to do ENxP subtypes and Raptor Wizard did ISTP subtypes, I am going to to ISFP subtypes.

    Sofia Coppola subtype - Artsy, subdued, works in some kind of sensory aesthetic profession like film, painting, music, fashion, photography or decorating. When you say you're an ISFP, most people agree with you, because you fit their image of what an ISFP should be.

    James Dean subtype - sensitive but rebellious, strong and silent and slightly ISTP-ish, but showing a lot more Fi and softness. Quiet but sexy, you can get mistyped as INFP as well ISTP, because really, though you may be cool on the outside, no one really knows a damn thing about you and just keeps guessing. You like it like that.

    Couch potato subtype - ISFPs read descriptions of themselves on-line and get offended because it seems like it was based on people like you. You're simple, enjoy watching hours of television, have very little ambition, but are basically a nice and unobtrusive person. You're probably not even interested enough in type theory to be on this forum.

    Eminem subtype - people tell you you're not an ISFP because you're too tough or opinionated, but it's clear that when you aren't expressing yourself through performing or writing that you're actually a pretty introverted and sensitive Fi dom. People get way too caught up in the ESTP or ENFP persona you're capable of presenting to the world, and mistake the fierceness of your Fi convictions for you being either an xSTP or an extrovert with "a lot of Te development." You're probably just a counterphobic E6, and while everyone knows you write gangsta rap about locking your girlfriend in the trunk, they seem blissfully unaware of all those sappy songs that make people cry that are based on your daughter, your personal struggles with your drug addiction, and how you guys are beautiful, no matter what any one says, bro.

    I'm sure you've checked the Eminem subtype.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  6. #36
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I'm sure you've checked the Eminem subtype.
    Oh gosh golly gee whiz, how did you know?

    lol

  7. #37
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh gosh golly gee whiz, how did you know?

    lol
    hé hé.

    You post so much about him. It's hard to not see the clues.

    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was of the Eminem subtype too I think. An exuberant performer, challenge boundaries, and like you and Eminem, leaves me the impression that he is an ENTP sometimes.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  8. #38
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    I come from a large, tightly-knit family where I often do my own thing. I pretty much present likes the James Dean subtype to them. It's a bit risky though as I've found out (I've mellowed out and become emotionally more accessible to them within the last yr) that rumors and conjecture about me were going around as fact, prolly due to the absence of any real info of who I really was and what my motivations were.

    My close friends see me as a James Dean/Coppola hybrid will silly, wild ESFP moments.

  9. #39
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    I come from a large, tightly-knit family where I often do my own thing. I pretty much present likes the James Dean subtype to them. It's a bit risky though as I've found out (I've mellowed out and become emotionally more accessible to them within the last yr) that rumors and conjecture about me were going around as fact, prolly due to the absence of any real info of who I really was and what my motivations were.

    My close friends see me as a James Dean/Coppola hybrid will silly, wild ESFP moments.

  10. #40
    Senior Member sulfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    492

    Default

    my girlfriend is the Sophia Coppola subtype

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] How to make an ISFP fall in L-O-V-E
    By CzeCze in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-20-2014, 03:31 PM
  2. [ISFP] Any ISFPs?
    By alicia91 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 08:08 AM
  3. [ISFP] Other ISFPs: What do you do?
    By ChazzMichaels in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 06:22 AM
  4. [ISFP] help with an ISFP?
    By laughing dolphin in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 07:34 PM
  5. [ISFP] Daughter's boyfriend - ISFP?
    By INTJMom in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO