User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Default Faking it as an SP?

Ok so I'm currently on a job and living and working with this woman who I think desperately wants to be an SP.

She comes across as an ISFP i think when you first meet her. She doesn't stop talking about her interest in extreme sports- you name it, she does it all the time. Horse riding, snowboarding, MMA fighting, surfing, Playing with guns. It's like she totally wants to be the ultimate action girl. But when it comes down to it she is just a beginner dabbling in all these sports, so she can talk about them but in reality she has tried them all but isnt much good at any of them.

I had to ride with her the other day for work but when it started heating up and we had to gallop she got scared and didn't want to do it any more so blamed an injury and got off.

At home her room is immaculate and tidy, her clothes are perfectly ordered, her hair make up and nails are always perfectly done. None of this seems SP to me. And she moans all the time about her neck, her ankle, not liking her job etc etc. While trying to be all nicey nice.

Basically I can't figure her out at all. Why fake it? Anything anyone else has done she does it too. Why not just be yourself? I cant figure out what she really is at all. Maybe ISFJ? Maybe infj? Its not even really a personality type thing, I just don't like not knowing what someone is about... I don't like falseness! Is it just me that I can't see through her? The other girls found her really false right from the start but it has taken me weeks to start seeing it.

Any ideas why people behave like this? Why fake your personality and how the hell do you keep it up? Anyone know someone who fakes it?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Sounds to me she doesn't like who she is (or doesn't know who she is) and desperately tries to be someone else. Sounds like she has BPD.

As far as her true MBTI, you haven't given a lot of information to make anything more than a wild guess. Plus the fact that she basicly lives outside of her comfort zone makes it that much harder to be conclusive about it. Even her tidyness could very well be a forced behaviour, without her being a judger.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I guess from the aesthetic point an ISFP could have an incredibly clean house and appearance....but I certainly don't have the motivation to keep my house looking like that all the time. It really only gets super clean when I'm expecting people to be coming over. I'd say she's probably not a happy person so she's taking things to the extreme to seem happy.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

It is so weird. I wish I could give more details of her but I never know what's real and what is acting. She could be a weird ISFP I guess?
    She always seems happy. Weirdly so. She lives in a pink fluffy world with a perfect husband and perfect daughter and fairydust everywhere and is sickeningly nice to everyone. But it doesn't seem real nice. It's over nice. It's fucking weird and I don't trust her.

I think maybe shes an NF. I can't see any other type being so fluffy. Or am I missing something?

I am not sure what type she is, but from the way you describe her I wouldn't want to be the one to burst her bubble. Has she claimed a type?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    It is so weird. I wish I could give more details of her but I never know what's real and what is acting. She could be a weird ISFP I guess?
    She always seems happy. Weirdly so. She lives in a pink fluffy world with a perfect husband and perfect daughter and fairydust everywhere and is sickeningly nice to everyone. But it doesn't seem real nice. It's over nice. It's fucking weird and I don't trust her.

I think maybe shes an NF. I can't see any other type being so fluffy. Or am I missing something?
    Well, if you think she is acting, then a good way to find out more is to find out why she is acting. Is it because she's projecting ideals onto herself, is it because her environment isn't allowing her to be herself? How is the relationship with her husband, what is his type, would his type have natural friction with a typical ISFP causing her to adjust herself in the relationship? Could it be that her husband is the one with the issues and she's just coping? There are many, many possible reasons for people to behave untruthfully to themselves.

Either way, whatever her deal is, it will remain pure speculation unless you find out the cause or reasons of her behaviour.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Hmm.... That sounds like my aunt.... She projects that she has this amazingly perfect life and family and everything is so totally perfect.... but it isn't. She always seems super happy and life is wonderful... However, every now and then she slips up and the truth is revealed. That usually happens around holidays when the stress level is high (to present that perfect life) and her kids are wound up and she snaps and starts yelling at them. I'd be curious how perfect her life really is versus how perfect she makes it seem.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Could be evidence of Fe in overdrive trying to cover up something.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Could be evidence of Fe in overdrive trying to cover up something.
    Inferior Fe then, most likely.

But whatever it is, like I said, it's still just speculation. :P

Riva

Maybe she has a crush on you. I'm considering all possible angles here and is being rather serious.